Padron's 50th Anniversary

Started by dddddmorgan, 05/23/2015 05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dddddmorgan

Just saw these on Serious Cigar for $106 a pop!

Doesn't look like I will be stocking up ;-)

Guess I will wait for the CI knockoffs.

Molon Labe!

ThinBlueLine

That's a tad bit too high as I have seen them around the $60 to $65 mark. Even at that price I can't get myself to pull the trigger.
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

ntanner

They were supposed to be in the 25$ range but of course some greedy bastich in marketing ruined that for us. Would love to buy one of the 1000 humidors with 50 smokes included but the budget say's I can't even have one cigar.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Brlesq

Quotentanner - 5/24/2015  5:47 PM

They were supposed to be in the 25$ range but of course some greedy bastich in marketing ruined that for us. Would love to buy one of the 1000 humidors with 50 smokes included but the budget say's I can't even have one cigar.

I believe you are thinking of the Padrón Family Reserve No. 50 that sell for around $25.  The Padron's 50th Anniversary is a much more limited release from the special release humidors.  Both cigars were introduced in the same year (2014), which causes some confusion.

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

lubrix

Bruce,I am confused so you can send me one of each!.(I don't have the humidor either).
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Cigary

Incredible that any Brand could have the sak to charge that much for a cigar...I've smoked a lot of cigars but never one that was worthy of a price tag even approaching that price.  The most I've paid is probably $30 and even then I wanted my money back afterwards.

Brlesq

Quotelubrix - 5/24/2015  7:06 PM

Bruce,I am confused so you can send me one of each!.(I don't have the humidor either).

:lmao: Paul, my friend, you know if I had any I would send you a sample! Maybe after I hit the lottery!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

ntanner

QuoteBrlesq - 5/24/2015  4:38 PM

Quotentanner - 5/24/2015  5:47 PM

I believe you are thinking of the Padrón Family Reserve No. 50 that sell for around $25.  The Padron's 50th Anniversary is a much more limited release from the special release humidors.  Both cigars were introduced in the same year (2014), which causes some confusion.

:bow:to you're superior knowledge. All I know is I read something about Padron and there was a 50 in there and It was more then one artical and some mentioned the humidor and some didn't so the possibility of me being in error is quite hi. Add to this that I probably had a home brew or two going for me and the odd's of me ever being right become astronomical. :biggrin:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

MacMac

That is unbelievable! Over $100 per smoke!
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Camshaft83

Would like to get my hands on either of them.  :drool: Can't afford what they want for them though. To damn much for a cigar IMHO.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

BigHop

The humidor with 50 cigars is $5300. and if you own the humi you can buy 50 count refills for $2500. Those $100+ price tags will probably come down a bit.

nirab

Can't smoke em all, so I don't miss the ones I can't get! and for that price...I'd rather have 10 of the 2000/3000 Series Padrons!
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

MacMac

That's nuts....how many people can spend that kind of $ on a cigar and could it really be so much better than smokes to be worth that price? I can't image it being that good.

danb6177

Quotenirab - 5/28/2015  2:20 PM

Can't smoke em all, so I don't miss the ones I can't get! and for that price...I'd rather have 10 of the 2000/3000 Series Padrons!
was thinking same
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

Jackal

QuoteMacMac - 6/15/2015  9:07 PM

That's nuts....how many people can spend that kind of $ on a cigar and could it really be so much better than smokes to be worth that price? I can't image it being that good.

There are plenty of people who can, and will, pay that much.  I would be very surprised if Padron didn't sell every one of these.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

StogieDad

QuoteJackal - 6/16/2015  2:40 PM

There are plenty of people who can, and will, pay that much.  I would be very surprised if Padron didn't sell every one of these.

The local place that had them here is already sold out.  The people that can afford them don't buy just one.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Jackal

QuoteStogieDad - 6/16/2015  11:47 AM

QuoteJackal - 6/16/2015  2:40 PM

The local place that had them here is already sold out.  The people that can afford them don't buy just one.

Not sure how many hit the international market, but in places such as KL, Shanghai, Singapore and Jakarta these would fly off of the shelf at 5X that price (actually, probably faster if the price was higher; super-end luxury goods are at frenzied demand in those places).

Rich people have different needs than others.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

MacMac

Definitely out of my league. I have a hard time paying more than about $14 for a stick. My wife really has a problem w/ it.  :rolleyes:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.