New tool

Started by Ken Kelley, 05/28/2015 09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Kelley

HOOOO BOY! My brand new HUSQVARNA 327P5X 13' telescoping pole saw arrived on the FEDEX truck this morning! Can't wait to get this puppy put together so I can fire it up and start knocking branches off the trees along the runway. I'm getting too old and tired to play with the manual pole saw anymore and I SURE don't want to haul a chain saw up the ladder anymore so this thing will be a great help. Only problem is that the branches I can knock down in 20 minutes of cutting time will take the rest of the day to pick up and haul off. Oh, well, I'll put up with the inconvenience... :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

bmac7754

Now you have to do done work.  That should make the task allot easier for you.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

bmac7754

I have a black and decker battery operated version of that and it makes life do much easier. The only down side is the battery life isn't that good. Would be interested knowing how you like the gas operated one and how it does.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Ken Kelley

Quotebmac7754 - 5/28/2015  12:44 AM

I have a black and decker battery operated version of that and it makes life do much easier. The only down side is the battery life isn't that good. Would be interested knowing how you like the gas operated one and how it does.

I'll let you know. I have a whole shop full of Stihl cutting tools of various types that I use constantly but according to the reviews their pole saws aren't that great...and also very, very pricey! The Husqvarna is the top-rated machine in the reviews and about $200 less than the equivalent Stihl. Never had a Husqvarna anything but I decided to take the chance.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

lubrix

I have been using the "Wind" to de-branch my trees, I think it's time for me to upgrade!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Vroomp

I've had my Husqvarna chainsaw for 12 years and it still starts on first or second pull. I don't think I've even changed the spark plug! I have gone through about 30 chains with that thing over the years and cut hundreds of trees.  I would never buy anything else!
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Mojo66

I don't have one and it's a tool I'd love to own, even though I would only probably use it once a year for about an hour. Have fun Ken, stay safe playing with your new toy.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

toby2

i love new tools that make my life easier! i've never heard a bad thing about that brand and all of the loggers that come into my friend's shop use huskies. they must be good for sure.

i picked up a stihl ms660 this year with a 28" and 36" bar for the big stuff. my old 041av and ms310 still run like a champ though. i need one of those pole saws. but then i'm never short of wants.  :biggrin:

bmac7754

I have a Husqvarna riding lawnmower and it has never had any problems other than normal blade replacement. I'd put this up against any craftsman or john deere any day. I think you will be pleased with their product

Jackal

That is the nice thing about being an apartment dweller.  I have a landscaping crew that deals with tree branches and lawn care.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.