Palmetto Beach Cigar Factory destroyed by fire.

Started by bigjohn20081983, 07/05/2015 09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjohn20081983

Here is the link from my local news. It sucks to loose something like this. I know it won't be the same but hopefully they can rebuild.  Anyone tried any of there cigars I can't ever recall smoking any of their cigars off hand. http://www.news4jax.com/news/historic-tampa-cigar-factory-destroyed-in-fire/34007458
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

headfirst

That's not the same one that got busted for conterfeit cigars is it?
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

bigjohn20081983

I don't know. It's a historic one over in Tampa is all I know I guess I will have to Google that and see about the Counterfeit aspect.  

*Edit*  From a quick Google search it seems this factory had been vacant for several years and basically is just a historic site. The articles made it out like it was a working factory but that looks to not be the case. 

You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Mojo66

Unfortunately an historic building has fallen but at least, it seems no cigars were harmed in the fire.  :shy:
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

horrido

QuoteMojo66 - 7/6/2015  8:05 AM

Unfortunately an historic building has fallen but at least, it seems no cigars were harmed in the fire.  :shy:

Wonder what the insurance would have been for cigars burning up if there were some.....?
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

danb6177

QuoteMojo66 - 7/6/2015  11:05 AM

it was ran down in a ran down part of town anyway. There are a lot of vacant cigar factorys in tampa. now that's whats really sad. JP newmans I think may be the last one. they do brickhouse and cuesta reys and diamond crowns and some others. The city of Tampa wants them out as well.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

DonM

I do not think the City of Tampa can run out the history of cigars, there are still a lot of small shops as well as Arturo Fuente and JC Newman that have a precense there

"The Curmudgeon"

danb6177

QuoteDonM - 7/6/2015  8:46 PM

I do not think the City of Tampa can run out the history of cigars, there are still a lot of small shops as well as Arturo Fuente and JC Newman that have a precense there

Yep Fuentes is still there at Tampa sweethearts. It's not a factory though it's a little cigar house. But it's awesome still. what Tampa has now are alot of small mini vendors and street vendors selling there blends. There is no support for these people though anymore. tampa used to be all about cigars but it's just not that way anymore. Even the Newman factory is tied up in litigation and will probably close down in a few years.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

Longhorn

QuoteCfickter - 7/6/2015  8:54 AM

Some of the comments are funny

X2 Reminds me of some of the threads here.  :biggrin:

MacMac

:offtopic: I wonder what the market percentage is for machine made cigars vs hand rolled. I would think machine made cigar factories are larger in size (production being centralized). Just thinking out loud...
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.