The Toys for Tots humidor ...

Started by CTBlankenship, 07/14/2015 12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTBlankenship

begins construction this weekend ... if anyone is interested in watching it come together step by step I'll go through the trouble of documenting it for them.
If it's hard you are doing it wrong ...
-Me

bmac7754

That would be cool, fire up a youtube video
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Mojo66

That would be very interesting, I'll follow that.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Camshaft83

Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

dddddmorgan

Ha pics are necessary but a YouTube would be cool. I'm not so technically inclined, I do good to post pics...
Molon Labe!

appollo

That would be cool certainly some pics on the site :thumbsup:

CTBlankenship

OK ... first ... I'm too ugly and fat for YouTube and I simply do not have that "voice" for videos.  However, I can develop web pages and that is what I've done.

Toys For Tots Humidor Build

Mondays are the best days to catch up.

-Me

Brlesq

Toys for tots? I must not have been paying attention. Are you building and donating a humidor for our annual Toys for Tots drive?

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

CTBlankenship

Yes ... it is a privilege ... drop by every Monday or so to see the progress.
-Me

05Venturer

Toys for tots? I must not have been paying attention. Are you building and donating a humidor for our annual Toys for Tots drive?
-----
Bruce
Chief Enabler

QuoteCTBlankenship - 7/15/2015  7:41 AM

Yes ... it is a privilege ... drop by every Monday or so to see the progress.

Awesome, that is great donation for a great cause "Toys for Tots"!  
 :angel:  :thumbsup:  :rocker:  :bow:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

ninfiction

I like the website, very nice! Will be fun to watch this progress too.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Jay'D

I like the webpage idea, I will surely be checking in.
Last name Hungry first name Always

My hobby collection | http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Jay%27D

CTBlankenship

Programmed and implemented a new image viewer ... should enhance the viewing experience someshat ...
-Me

ntanner

Site look's good. Nice pic's so far. Looking forward to progress.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

McBryde

Good looking craftsmanship! Do you have to have bought a humidor already and have a serial number to log onto your site? I can't find a way to register without one.

I just cut some black walnut burls off of a tree the other day. I bet they would be absolutely gorgeous on a humidor.

Emerson
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

CTBlankenship

Reversed the order of the slideshow so that the newest step is first ... veneering begins this today ...
-Me

Longhorn

CT, not sure if you saw the other thread. This is a very generous gesture and I trust you have taken a look at how the Toys for Tots drive was run over the past couple of years in our community. Since you're new, I wanted to make sure there's good coordination to ensure the Toys for Tots organization gets the maximum benefit of our collective donations.

If you are donating 100% of the cost to manufacture and ship the humidor that would be the best outcome for the Toys for Tots organization.

If your intention is to sell the item, even at a reduced price, to recoup some/all of your costs then I would respectfully decline the item for the fundraiser I coordinate. To date, I have only used items that were donated free and clear to maximize the cash sent to Toys for Tots and to prevent other entities from leveraging the fundraiser for personal gain.

CTBlankenship

As far as I'm concerned, the terms of our original agreement remain the same. You only have to pay shipping ... all labor and materials are donated.

Initially, I asked you to cover the cost of the hinge, you agreed, I've even backed off of that position.

I have no intention of directly selling on this site until I buy a $49 advertisement (I've already spoken with management with regards to this).

Profit?  You are kidding, right?  I'm donating around $75.00 of materials and 15 hours of personal time.  I do not see a profit anywhere to be found in this arrangement or in my relationship with the Geeks on the forum.  It is pretty obvious that no one is knocking down my door to purchase anything.

But I am still here, donating a totally unique piece of furniture to a good cause.  

-Me

Longhorn

CT, let me be very clear with you so there is no misunderstanding beyond this post.

One: You are mistaken. I never struck any kind of agreement or arrangement with you.  Period.  Better check the other thread.

Two: Apparently this slipped by you in the post above.  I don't want any part of a donation that comes with a due bill or strings attached - regardless of how much or how little.  $130 ($55 for brass hinges and $75 for shipping) is a steep price for someone to pay for the privilege of raffling off a "donated" item.

Three: I don't have exclusivity for raising funds for Toys for Tots and you're more than welcome to raffle your humidor on the site and make a donation to a wonderful cause - I hope you will.

bigjohn20081983

CT do you happen to be related to a former member of the site that lives in California? You remind me alot of him for some reason.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

05Venturer

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:

There seems to be a picture in your build website that refers to a bit of butthurt??? I am sure it just got misplaced there
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Mojo66

Quote05Venturer - 7/20/2015  10:22 AM  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  There seems to be a picture in your build website that refers to a bit of butthurt??? I am sure it just got misplaced there

What pic is that, I can't seem to find anything out of the ordinary? Maybe it was removed?

BTW, looking at the pics, I see that I actually won the name that humidor contest with my "Eye of the Tiger" suggestion but I haven't received any kind of confirmation. I wonder if I should be holding my breath for it?

SparklePony

Blue will be a great color on you, Sebastian!
Yes, it's a pineapple hat.  No, you can't put your cigar out in it.

Mojo66

QuoteSparklePony - 7/20/2015  1:30 PM  Blue will be a great color on you, Sebastian!

Still holding my breath, am blue now, and you are right, this color does fits me well. I don't need an Avatar anymore, I am an AVATAR.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.