Time for a contest! Guru Smoke Guess

Started by StogieDad, 07/17/2015 10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StogieDad

It appears I am closing in on Guru status, about 110 (109 now) posts away, so I thought we could have a little fun.  For my 6000th post, I will smoke something really nice and post to the "Today's Smoke" thread as usual.  You have until that post to guess what that smoke will be, and the winner will receive a nice fiver for their trouble.  I don't have anything in mind yet, and I may get inspired by the thread, maybe not.  But it will be something limited or HTF from my collection.

In the unlikely event that no one picks the one that I smoke, I will toss all guessers names into a hat and draw a winner, so either way somebody wins.

May the games begin.... :biggrin:
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Camshaft83

Reinado Cigar Geeks Limited Edition.  :biggrin: Thanks for the contest and congrats on the upcoming milestone  :bigthumbs:
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Jackal

Tatuaje RC 184.  Take a nice long smoke for your Guru day.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

appollo

Crowned Heads Las Cabaveras Edicion 2014 LC652.Thanks for the contest

quickme

AF anejo Shark.  Whatever the stick may be I hope it burns and smokes well.  Thank you for the contest.

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

bigjohn20081983

You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

ninfiction

I should have known you'd have one without looking but I checked just in case...Crowned Heads Four Kicks LE 2012 Mule Kick...I managed to acquire 1 and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to force myself to smoke it for fear of not likeing it/not being able to get another.

I've heard the 2015 Angle's Anvil is a similar blend and those are dang tasty.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Cfickter

Bolivar BBF, thanks for the contest Michael
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

junglepete

Congrats on your almost Guru status. Enjoy whatever you end up smoking!  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

StogieDad

Damn, you guys are giving me some very nice choices....keep it up.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

bmac7754

Congrats on the upcoming status Michael.  I'll go with a Romeo y Julieta (Cuban) Edicion Limitada 2009 Duke
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

cavenbk

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

Mojo66

To celebrate your well deserved Guru status, you will be smoking this great, very hard to find and rare:

Cohiba (Cuban) Edicion Limitada 2011 Cohiba 1966  

Congratulations on the milestone, and btw, what, if any, will be your Guru name?

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Ken Kelley

Far be it from me to even hazard a guess on such a momentous occasion. Whatever it is I hope you enjoy it to the fullest and put the butt down with regret that it didn't last longer! Welcome to the Guru Brotherhood and all the status inherent to the post...whatever that may be!  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

BewareDaPenguin

Quoteninfiction - 7/17/2015  2:16 PM

I should have known you'd have one without looking but I checked just in case...Crowned Heads Four Kicks LE 2012 Mule Kick...I managed to acquire 1 and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to force myself to smoke it for fear of not likeing it/not being able to get another.

I've heard the 2015 Angle's Anvil is a similar blend and those are dang tasty.

x2 this was my guess but you beat me 2 it...so I'll guess

Crowned Heads Arrington Vineyards Double-W (6 x 50, NIC)

Thanks for the contest and congrats brother!! :thumbsup:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

danb6177

Congratz on the soon to be guru status!! So Ive been considering this for awhile (like 4 mins). If it were me...I would go to the collection...then I would faint. 2000+ cigars!! holy #$@$% man. Thats a fine collection you have there brother.

anyway after i woke up i would smoke a 1964 Anniversary TAA Signature Toro. You could be the first to review it too...no brainer :dancing:  :dancing:
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

headfirst

QuoteCamshaft83 - 7/17/2015  11:53 AM

Reinado Cigar Geeks Limited Edition.  :biggrin: Thanks for the contest and congrats on the upcoming milestone  :bigthumbs:
Could there be a more appropriate choice?  Nice call.

I'll go with one of the "entered by hand" entries in your humidor:

Caldwell Cigar Co. Unreleased Sample (SmallBatchCigar)

Congrats on the upcoming milestone!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

benchjockey

Montecristo (Cuban) Edicion Limitada 2010 Grand Edmundo.  Congratulations on the milestone and thanks for the contest.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Otter

Diamond Crown Julius Caeser CFCF Toast Across America 2014 Shark
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

Kman

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Phog

White Owl Grape Diadema Limitada 2018 Reserva Especial X Liga

BigHop

I'm sure whatever you pick it will be fantastic!

cavenbk

QuotePhog - 7/17/2015 6:06 PM White Owl Grape Diadema Limitada 2018 Reserva Especial X Liga

:lmao: :lmao: Best answer yet by far

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

StogieDad

Quotecavenbk - 7/17/2015  6:11 PM

QuotePhog - 7/17/2015 6:06 PM White Owl Grape Diadema Limitada 2018 Reserva Especial X Liga

:lmao: :lmao: Best answer yet by far

I didn't have the Diadema or Grape, but I have the Peach Figurado, could be a contender.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.