Geek Contest: Name the Toys for Tots humidor ...

Started by CTBlankenship, 07/17/2015 11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTBlankenship

Geeks:

I always book match the lid of a Winsor ... it makes them completely unique from all other manufacturers.  And, I got lucky with the Toys for Tots walnut burl (initially I was going to use amboyna but this was too good to pass up). 

Since I always find a face of some kind in the burl, I always name the humidor (Falcon's Wrath, Red Woody, The Dragon, etc.)  I usually name them, but this time the Geeks should do so collectively. So, here  is a fairly high resolution picture of the TFT lid.  (I used Photoshop's brightness and contrast adjustments to help you visualize the swirls of the walnut burl ... but nothing else).  Here  is an unaltered image just to be complete.

To me, the face is obvious, but I'm not going to influence your perceptions.  I suppose that those who participate submit their names then, when complete, we all vote on the one we like the best.

Have fun,

CT 

If it's hard you are doing it wrong ...
-Me

junglepete

The Pink Panther...thanks for the contest!  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

cavenbk

Smoking Pussy(cat). Thanks for the contest.
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Mojo66

The Eye of the tiger  

And we have the perfect song to go along with that name.

Thanks for the contest, this promises to be a beautiful humidor  :bigthumbs:

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

SparklePony

Is there a prize?  And don't say "glory."  This is America and we like to win things.
Yes, it's a pineapple hat.  No, you can't put your cigar out in it.

ThinBlueLine

I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

Jackal

My proxy server won't let me look at the links

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

bigjohn20081983

QuoteJackal - 7/17/2015  4:10 PM  My proxy server won't let me look at the links

Good Ole Proxy servers   :biggrin:

here is the image

You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

Mojo66

Sometimes, sites like this one work to bypass proxy servers :

https://kproxy.com/
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

StogieDad

The Demon Knight, looks like some kind of demon in armor to me :biggrin:
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

RDF

"Hakuna Matata" .  Thinking of the kids.
HokieSmokes!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." H. Jackson Brown

Jackal

Chernabog Rising  - queue up Night on Bald Mountain

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

danb6177

I can see the cat thing but to me it looks like a beast with many eyes and its got a kinda oriental thing to it. Id call it "The Beholder"
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

bmac7754

Thanks for the contest.  How about Tots Toy Chest
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

headfirst

Martian on Tigerback, take a look at the area above the Tiger face, I swear that's an alien riding a tiger!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

appollo

Jay'D

Last name Hungry first name Always

My hobby collection | http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Jay%27D

05Venturer

QuoteBrlesq - 7/17/2015  2:52 PM

What is the prize for winning?

Free Shipping  :lmao:  :lmao:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Brlesq

I see the Caldwell Long Live the King cigar band
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

SparklePony

I see Liza Minelli being forced to marry that gay man, what's his name.  And then they divorce.  And then she wins a Tony.  That's what I see.
Yes, it's a pineapple hat.  No, you can't put your cigar out in it.

headfirst

Uhhh, I guess this is now an ink blot test??   :-)
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Longhorn

How about we call it what it really is:  The Winsor Advertiser.

You've now connected your commercial business to Toys for Tots on three threads - two started by you with the words Toys for Tots in the title and then links to your site in the thread.

Sell your humidors, but do it without playing off the generosity of the good people on this site.

StogieDad

QuoteBrlesq - 7/17/2015  6:06 PM

I see the Caldwell Long Live the King cigar band

Haha I do see that Bruce now that you say it.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.