Sigh...finally catching up!

Started by dddddmorgan, 07/17/2015 03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dddddmorgan

Man-o-Man am I behind!

I finally decided to get caught up on my V.H.

Took me an two hours to look up and write down what's in my small humidor, I still haven't touched the coolidor!

All you turkeys forcing me to buy your yummy samplers!

Oh well, the positive spin on this is I have a lot more smokes than I thought ;-)

The down side is my dates of purchase will be wrong.

I'm staying caught up from now on!

Molon Labe!

sevencardstud

Ha ha. I thought it took me a long time to add the cigars I bought from Newbhunter. I only got like 20, I kinda feel sorry for you. But I can't wait to see it when its done.
"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar." -Mark Twain

headfirst

I love being able to keep track of the cigars and don't mind spending the time to do it, I can't stand it when I know I'm not caught up actually...yes, I'm obsessed! :hitme:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

MacMac

I really like the humidor feature of the site as well as the iPad app!
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Camshaft83

It took me forever to enter mine the first time so I make sure to keep mine updated. As soon as I get something in, smoke one, or send some out it gets updated.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

horrido

I don't think I could input any I don't like taking all that time....lol my wife would know the count not a good thing.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Vroomp

I've kinda given up on that thing............ :confused:

It's way outta control when it goes over 2000 :shades:

I may or may not have a particular cigar these days.................... :?:  

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

gitfiddl

I gave up a long time ago.  I've still got over 700 sticks.  And when I got back into pipes...  I've got jars and tins out the arse.  I tried to list make a spreadsheet.  I gave up with I hit the 50 jar mark...

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

bmac7754

I can't do without it. Once you get it done, managing it us a piece of cake
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Longhorn

Welcome back, Dan.  I missed the orangutan avatar!   :thumbsup:

dddddmorgan

Thanks Brad.
Yea, I love the iPad app. I was doing good then just lost it. I struggle in my life (who doesn't?) and sometimes it gets the better of me. Been getting my butt kicked the last year or so but I'm getting on top of it.

The upside is I've got a lot more cigars than I thought!

I'm truly an organized person, this has been bugging me for too lon, I will get it all straightened out;-)
Molon Labe!

MT21

Mine was so out dated that I just deleted it.  I date my cellos when I get some cigars and call it good.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

dddddmorgan

I've been thinking if I could get some small round stickers I could date the cellos as they come in, very definitive and accurate. Seems like a good idea.
Molon Labe!

gitfiddl

Quotedddddmorgan - 7/17/2015  11:46 PM

I've been thinking if I could get some small round stickers I could date the cellos as they come in, very definitive and accurate. Seems like a good idea.

And then you run out of stickers, you go to get more and the store has stopped selling that size, so you wind up with all different sizes, some written on in blue ink, some in black, yada yada yada.  

The hot tip for date-tagging cigars would be one of these, but they're kind of expensive at $50+.

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

appollo

Yea really like this feature I put them in right when I get them sorta anal about this  :-)

dddddmorgan

Git, that might not be a bad idea. If I could find one that did two lines I could date and record price.

Hmmm...
Molon Labe!

gitfiddl

Quotedddddmorgan - 7/18/2015  8:41 AM

Git, that might not be a bad idea. If I could find one that did two lines I could date and record price.

Hmmm...

They make them like that actually.  When I worked for Pic 'N Save 25 years ago, we'd put the "product code" on the top line and the price on the bottom:

dddddmorgan

Gonna have to find me one, bet I could get one on eBay.
Molon Labe!

gitfiddl

Quotedddddmorgan - 7/18/2015  9:49 AM

Gonna have to find me one, bet I could get one on eBay.

Probably, but finding the proper tape and ink roller for a used gun without knowing the model #, etc, might be problematic. Honestly, I'd probably spend the cash and buy a new one.  A more in-depth search on Amazon shows a few less-expensive guns.

http://www.amazon.com/Supermarket-Helper-Plastic-Double-Labeller/dp/B00A0GREH6/ref=sr_1_1?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1437234385&sr=1-1&keywords=double+row+price+gun

Longhorn

Cellos? You leave them on versus taking them off?  Does everyone do that?   :biggrin:  :hitme:

gitfiddl

QuoteLonghorn - 7/18/2015  11:48 AM

Cellos? You leave them on versus taking them off?  Does everyone do that?   :biggrin:  :hitme:

Having been an orchestral tuba/euphonium player many years ago, I did in fact date one of the cellos.  She was all kinds of hot!  I never had to worry about her, um, humidification, if you get my meaning...

:shades:

MT21

Quotedddddmorgan - 7/17/2015  8:46 PM

I use a fine tip Sharpie on the folded section of cellophane at the foot of the cigar. Good enough.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

dddddmorgan

Yea I'm gonna have to do something.
All this just pushes me to keep on top of my V.H.
Molon Labe!

ebernabe

Very nice collection you have going there.

dddddmorgan

Well I finally got the coolidor inventoried, wore out the battery on my iPad doing it!

Now I'm entering the into the humidor, will take a bit for that.

Did pretty good only had four I couldn't identify and I will post a thread and let the experts help with that.
Molon Labe!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.