Bill could bring end to mailing cigars.

Started by MT21, 07/24/2015 11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT21

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

appollo

I rely almost exclusively on this form of shipping hope it doesn't go through :-0

MacMac

Boy that would limit my cigar smoking experience.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

STL_Cohiba

Honestly if they are so worried about it then make it to wear you have to have valid proof of age. Mail order cigar sales account for a very large percentage of all cigar sales. One bad apple has to ruin a good thing. I sitll don't see how they could put a power house's like Thompson, JR and CI out of business though
"The only way to break a bad habit was to replace it with a better habit." Jack Nicholson, explaining why he switched from cigarettes to cigars" -Jack Nicholson

http://cigargeeks.com/humidor/default.asp?
action=humidor&member=STL%5FCohiba

headfirst

And CI is actually cigar.com, cigarbid, and CI in reality.  And don't they have Famous as well?  They're mega...
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

danb6177

Well liberal congresswomen really don't have anything better to do.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

jharrisx5

Puff Puff Give....

Camshaft83

Boo. Don't mind age verification but no longer being able to ship USPS is BS.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

C130Driver

Quoteappollo - 7/24/2015  2:36 PM

I rely almost exclusively on this form of shipping hope it doesn't go through :-0

:word:

This is me too. It makes an expensive hobby slightly affordable. Plus, it's been said before, but I'll say it again, how many underage smokers are smoking cigars? Of course I'm talking about real cigars not Black and Mild, Swisher Sweets or the like. According to this bill 10.8% of high school males smoke cigars. I call BS, I don't believe this for a minute.
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

MT21

I think that age verification would be the key. I think I had to do that with JR when I started this hobby in 2004.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

appollo

QuoteMT21 - 7/24/2015  6:52 PM

I think that age verification would be the key. I think I had to do that with JR when I started this hobby in 2004.

I had to do this with Holts before they would ship to me also

Brlesq

QuoteMT21 - 7/24/2015  5:52 PM

Yeah, Mark, but the age verification they are proposing (which is fine by me) is at the B&M itself.  IN ADDITION they would ban the USPS from allowing cigars to be mailed.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Longhorn

Someone needs to file a class action law suit - cigars are a legal product and, once purchased, federal and local taxes have been remitted.  There should be no barriers to free circulation at that point (especially between private parties).

Bastards.

SparklePony

Congresshag Rosa DeLauro is one of the worst people ever.
Yes, it's a pineapple hat.  No, you can't put your cigar out in it.

horrido

QuoteSparklePony - 7/24/2015  5:36 PM

Everyone should send her cigar butts just start a butt campaign and call Rosa Smoking Butts campaign 10 butts gets you a date with a smoking butt.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Mojo66

If Bill brings an end to mailing cigars, then I do not like Bill.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

C130Driver

Quotehorrido - 7/24/2015  7:07 PM

QuoteSparklePony - 7/24/2015  5:36 PM

Everyone should send her cigar butts just start a butt campaign and call Rosa Smoking Butts campaign 10 butts gets you a date with a smoking butt.

:lmao:

That's not a half bad idea.
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

1029henry

As per usual, all the congress-jerks have a (D) next to their name. It really is the party of control. There, I said it. Sorry. Continue please.
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

johncw

Quoteappollo - 7/24/2015  2:36 PM

X2

Cigary

Quotehorrido - 7/24/2015  8:07 PM  
QuoteSparklePony - 7/24/2015  5:36 PM  Congresshag Rosa DeLauro is one of the worst people ever.

Lol...great friggin idea!!!!  Her office staff would then be in charge of disposing all of those butts somewhere.  The bill has already gained the support of four cosponsors, John Garamendi (D-CA), Bobby Rush (D-IL), Charles Rangel (D-NY) and Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL).  These morons are about as dumb as they get!

StogieDad

I agree with C140Driver, almost 11% of teen males smoke cigars?  What the f%^# ever.  More cooked up government statistics made to support whatever cause they need to.  They must be holding out the 40% of teen females smoke cigars just in case the 10.8% doesn't cause enough stir.  

Yes, in some places I am sure a portion of teen males purchase lots of Black and Milds, Swisher, etc. mainly as a vessel for another non-tobacco product.  But once again, noone would have a problem if they were targeting that market.  But instead, you want to throw a blanket over all tobacco products as the same, when it is so obviously not true my 4 year old can understand that.  So let's attack a booming industry that provides jobs and tax income and mainly focuses on the 30+ crowd who is old enough to make their own damn decision as to what is good for them or not.  

I have no problem age identifying to purchase cigars, even though I loath the arbitrary idea of what age can purchase.  What is the real difference between 18 and 21?  Just something to make politicians feel self important, like they did something culturally important by deciding a useless number as when we can purchase tobacco.  I'll be glad to show my ID, or do what I need to verify online.   But if you start saying I can't send or receive tobacco via the mail for a reason that would not only not be solved by this bill but probably not even curtailed at all, then I call bullsh*t.

What a joke.....
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Jay'D

I don't like it, don't like it one bit... that no shipping trough the mail is bull s**t... I agree you need age verification but that no use of mail order is crap  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
Last name Hungry first name Always

My hobby collection | http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Jay%27D

horrido

You would think alcohol or drugs would be a bigger threat to youth rather than cigars period or say poverty and unemployment. Frankly politicians are idiots rich men and women with too much time on their hands deciding for all what is good or bad without solving a damn thing unless it gives an advantage to their handler. Just leave cigars alone for crying out loud do something useful once in a politicians life.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

gitfiddl

Quoteheadfirst - 7/24/2015  4:38 PM

And CI is actually cigar.com, cigarbid, and CI in reality.  And don't they have Famous as well?  They're mega...

Famous isn't part that group.  Pipesandcigars.com is.

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Chadboskie

Government is too large. That's all there is to it. We need more non career politicians in office.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.