College Pick em

Started by chief791, 08/02/2015 05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chief791

With the season right around the corner, are we doing this again? I love this contest.
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

StogieDad

I will certainly ly set it back up once I get back in town!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Longhorn

Heh.  I want in when it gets going!  Last year was a good year for me!  :dancing:

Phog

I am in there like swimwear.

horrido

Well maybe I usually get it wrong and end up last and damn cricket is hard to pick.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Cfickter

last couple of years have been great fun, I am in again!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

cibolodave

I am ready for another season

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

cibolodave

is this a go? what is the pw

StogieDad

Alright, the guys that played last year should be able to rejoin the league.  PM me if you have an issue.  If you are interested in playing and have not before, PM me and I will send a password.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

StogieDad

This was last years setup, I assume everyone would like to play at the same stakes.

Set up:

I will start a private ESPN Pick'em league. All you do is pick the 10 games they provide, once a week. Not much time invested.

The buy-in is $10. At the end of the season, the winner gets a gift card for the pot. Pretty simple.

Last year, and I think we should continue this, I placed four checkpoints. Each quarter of the season was an independent contest, about 4 weeks of picks. Everyone sends a fiver of sticks to the checkpoint winner. Each of the four checkpoints is an independent contest.

The quarters will run the following weeks (updated for 2015).

Weeks 1-3
 Weeks 4-6
 Weeks 7-9
 Weeks 10-13
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Longhorn

QuoteStogieDad - 8/21/2015  11:11 AM

Last year, and I think we should continue this, I placed four checkpoints. Each quarter of the season was an independent contest, about 4 weeks of picks. Everyone sends a fiver of sticks to the checkpoint winner. Each of the four checkpoints is an independent contest.

The quarters will run the following weeks (updated for 2015).

Weeks 1-3
 Weeks 4-6
 Weeks 7-9
 Weeks 10-13

This.  :thumbsup:

Cfickter

I was able to get in. Thanks for organizing again. Great fun.
Come on Geeks get on-board

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

MiaFLSurf

YES. My favorite contest of the year. Sign me up please!!
110 hours a week.  52 weeks a year.

mike.casey

Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

Cfickter

Quotemike.casey - 8/28/2015  10:19 PM  Mind if I play?

More the merrier 

StogieDad

PM sent Mike.

C'mon folks, the more play the bigger the prize!
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

johncw

yep need more players... only a few days left till the start of the season.

StogieDad

Alright, looks like we are up to nine now.  C'mon guys, its a blast and some really nice payouts.  Got till Friday.

We can start ppal for the $10 entry if you guys would like.  If you don't already have mine, let me know and I can pm it to you.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

05Venturer

password and pp info needed brother
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

mike.casey

Am I waiting on an email from you Mike? I sent you my email address, but I didn't get a password, or link or PP address, etc.

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

StogieDad

Quotemike.casey - 8/31/2015  2:51 PM

Am I waiting on an email from you Mike? I sent you my email address, but I didn't get a password, or link or PP address, etc.

Sent you the invite from the system this morning brother.  Double check junk mail, if not I will resend.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

mike.casey

Ron White

nwb

I'm in.  Thanks for coordinating!
Chief of Shaft

StogieDad

Made it to 11.  C'mon folks, still time to pick.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.