who wants to join a NFL survivor pool?

Started by chief791, 08/02/2015 11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chief791

Hello Geeks. I have started an NFL survivor pool on Yahoo. This is for registered members of Cigar Geeks only. You must have at least 100 posts or have a veteran geek vouch for you. It will cost you 5 cigars to get in and you will send them to the winner at the end of the pool. We will do 90% of the take for the winner and 10% for second place. Winner will send the runner up their cigars. If the 10% is a number with a fraction, that number will round up 1 number. Example: Total take is 55 cigars. 10% is 5.5 so second place will get 6 cigars.

Survival pool works like this. Every week you will pick one team . The point spread does not count. It is straight up. If your team wins, you move on to the next week. If your team loses you are out of the pool. You can only pick a team once for the whole time you are in the pool. Example: say you pick Dallas in the first week and they win. You move on to week two and you can never pick Dallas again. Pick must be in by 1pm EST on Sundays during the season. If you fail to get your pick in the computer will give you the most popular pick that is available to you.

Post here if you are going to play. Then go to Yahoo Survival Pool. Sign in or register. We are group 1946 and the password is smokecigars. I hope this gets some interest and good luck

"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

danb6177

Sounds cool. Any criteria on the cigars ?
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

chief791

How about $5-$15 a stick. Use Cigars International or Famous Smokes for pricing.

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

chief791

Ebernabe, just sign up and your in.

Buford T. Justice

danb6177

Quotechief791 - 8/2/2015  3:53 PM

How about $5-$15 a stick. Use Cigars International or Famous Smokes for pricing.
So like 3 sticks 5-10$ and 2 sticks 10-15$. Something like that? Either way I'll play for sure. I'll sign up tonight when I get home. Thanx for doing this its a good idea.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----

Cfickter

thanks for the contest, I will sign in!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

05Venturer

I'm in :cool:

Will we send you cigars or wait till the end and send them to the Champ?
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

chief791

We will send the cigars to the winner at the end. Then the winner will send the guy that comes in second his cigars. As far as the value of the sticks you send, I will leave it up to you. We will use a guideline of $5-$15 per cigar. I have had some $5 sticks that were better than some that cost $15.

Buford T. Justice

Kman

Sounds like a good idea. Count me in.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

bmac7754

This looks good, I'm in.  My brother runs one like this except its a loser pool, same rules except we pick a loser each week and its $20 a head.  Some years it makes it thru the playoffs and in one year it was over by week 4, you never know.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

johncw

just joined thanks for starting it.

clami

I am in.  Thanks for putting this together.  

Clay

chief791

Spread the word. The more, the merrier. This will be fun.

Buford T. Justice

chief791

Buford T. Justice

Cfickter

Come on guys, this is a fun pool and takes very little time to keep up with
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

danb6177

would be nice to get 20 geeks. 100 sticks!!!
-----

chief791

20 players would be great. It will literally take seconds to get your pick in each week.

Buford T. Justice

ninfiction

This is not the admin you're looking for...

chief791

Buford T. Justice

chief791

Ok guys. So far we have 9 entries. I would like to get at least one more. It will only cost you 5 cigars for a chance to win 45 sticks. 5 would go to second place. That is based on 10 entries. It is a a low maintenance pool. Come on and sign up.

Buford T. Justice

johncw

I'm glad you bumped this... I had forgotten I signed up and would have not been happy if I forgot to make a pick..

Come guys it's a lot of fun.

horrido

I would love to but I am absolutely horrible when it comes to football.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.