To Cob or not to Cob...

Started by gitfiddl, 08/07/2015 04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitfiddl

I love my cobs (of which I may have a few)...   :shades:

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

appollo

horrido

Looks good almost looks like some kind of game with that table in the background. Cob poker anyone.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

sjn1117

Nice! Got an MM Freehand a few months ago but still want that MacAurthur!
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Mojo66

To Cob or not, to Cob is the question... but in you case, it also seems to be the answer.

That's a lot of pipes, is your goal to have a different one for every day of the year :biggrin:
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

ntanner

You kept some Iowa farmer a float supplying the Cobb's for all those, well done David.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

toby2

ya know I haven't smoked one since I was a kid. I need to pick one up. nice collection!

Longhorn

Nice!  Also... to play cards or not to play cards... while puff'n on a cob!  :thumbsup:

87North

I enjoy my cob pipes, though I sometimes think I don't smoke them often enough when I light one up. I smoke my briars more often so I sometimes forget what great pipes cobs are... :confused:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

MacMac

I don't smoke a pipe any more. I stopped years ago. I never really enjoyed cob pipes. I like my briar best and then my Meerschaum which I only smoke occasionally.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

ebernabe

nice collection you got going there.

metalhead y cigarguy

Cobs are great pipes. I enjoy smoking my cobs. I have 13 cobs currently. Not a bad pipe in the lot.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

Camshaft83

Never tried a cob. Only briar and meerschaum in my pipe collection. I think i might have to change that.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

gitfiddl

QuoteCamshaft83 - 8/24/2016  4:39 AM

Never tried a cob. Only briar and meerschaum in my pipe collection. I think i might have to change that.

You should!  There's just a certain vibe they have that appeals to me.

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

millarddj

I enjoyed the cob that was sent to me in the Mild Side pass. I think I may prefer the briars, but I understand the appeal. :biggrin:
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

ninfiction

I always thought pipes looked cool and the idea of the pipe is up my alley obviously, but I'm not big on infused/flavored whatever so I've never smoked a pipe. Maybe I should change that, if for nothing else it would give me a reason to own some pipes.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

gitfiddl

Quoteninfiction - 8/24/2016  10:40 AM

I always thought pipes looked cool and the idea of the pipe is up my alley obviously, but I'm not big on infused/flavored whatever so I've never smoked a pipe. Maybe I should change that, if for nothing else it would give me a reason to own some pipes.

There are plenty, and I mean tons and tons, of "unflavored" non-aromatic pipe tobaccos. Want some?     :biggrin:

millarddj

Dave is a well-known pipe enabler. Brian, I reckon you'd dig plenty of the non-aromatic or English blends. Seems like it'd be right up your alley, indeed.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

millarddj

I also hear he accepts mass quantities of 5 Vegas in trade. :whistle:
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

gitfiddl

Quotemillarddj - 8/24/2016  6:26 PM

Dave is a well-known pipe enabler. Brian, I reckon you'd dig plenty of the non-aromatic or English blends. Seems like it'd be right up your alley, indeed.

Who?  Me?  

:whistle:

cavenbk

One of my buddies and I bought some cheap-o pipe when we were in college (no, not that kind of pipe). Only smoked it a couple of times, we didn't really know what we were doing so we gave up. Wouldn't mind going back and trying one again sometime maybe.
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

ninfiction

McBryde

I have a whole field across the road of those!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

metalhead y cigarguy

I'm not a fan of infused cigars; however, there are multiple aromatic pipe tobacco's that I enjoy. With that said, there is a large variety of pipe tobacco's; traditional English blends, Balkan/Latakia blends, Virginia blends, Virginia/Perique blends, Virginia/Burley blends, Burley blends etc.

Also some blends just smoke better in a cob compared to briar or meerschaum. Blends such as Granger, Sir Walter Raleigh, Carter Hall etc. to me and many pipe smokers taste better in a cob, so it's always good to have a cob or 12 in your collection.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

ninfiction

Quotemetalhead y cigarguy - 8/25/2016  4:42 AM

I'm not a fan of infused cigars; however, there are multiple aromatic pipe tobacco's that I enjoy. With that said, there is a large variety of pipe tobacco's; traditional English blends, Balkan/Latakia blends, Virginia blends, Virginia/Perique blends, Virginia/Burley blends, Burley blends etc.

Also some blends just smoke better in a cob compared to briar or meerschaum. Blends such as Granger, Sir Walter Raleigh, Carter Hall etc. to me and many pipe smokers taste better in a cob, so it's always good to have a cob or 12 in your collection.

That sounds like a rabbit hole that goes on and on, that being said I did find myself "pipe shopping" last night. No purchases but man you guys are a bad influence.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.