Curmudgeon Crew Contest - The 7th Annual Cigars for Troops Drive

Started by Cfickter, 08/25/2015 04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cfickter

Curmudgeon Crew Contest

The Curmudgeon Crew may not agree on much but the one thing we are unified on is supporting our troops.  To that end the Crew has banded together and started a contest in support of Nate’s 2015 Cigars for Troops campaign. 

So listen up I am going to only explain this once.  Everyone who contributes cigars to the drive will not only get the hallowed Troops Supporter badge but a chance to win a box of Island Jims No. 2 cigars.  For each cigar submitted you will get one entry.  What, you have a question already?  Yes, that is right, one cigar is one entry, for five cigars you get five entries.  Did your mom drop you when you were young?

Nate will keep the Crew updated as to everyone’s contribution.  We will build a spreadsheet with a random number assigned to each cigar contribution.   Before the drawing, the final spreadsheet will be published, and then a dated screen shot of the winning number.  That is if you don’t piss us off and just keep it all secret.

It is time to get off your arse’ and contribute to this worthy cause.  Don’t make us come over there!

Now, get off my lawn
Curmudgeon Crew

IJ

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

StogieDad

Super cool Chuck, what a great idea for a great cause!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

bigjohn20081983

That is awesome and a very worthy reason for a contest
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

DonM

:angry: WTF you doing Chuck, giving away cigars?  Have you bumped your Curmudgeon head?  I hope that box comes from my PO so I can put my boot stamp of approval on that sombytch  :biggrin:

"The Curmudgeon"

cavenbk

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

headfirst

Great idea!

Where's the facebook and twitter links to gain more entries?  Where's the email subscription link??   :biggrin:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

appollo

ninfiction

This is not the admin you're looking for...

Mojo66

What a nice thing to do but aren't you afraid of loosing you Curmudgeon badges / status with such a nice gesture :biggrin:

Great idea for a contest, with such an incentive we might see even more donations than last year, way to go Geeks :bigthumbs:
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Cfickter

QuoteMojo66 - 8/25/2015  11:30 AM  What a nice thing to do but aren't you afraid of loosing you Curmudgeon badges / status with such a nice gesture :biggrin:   Great idea for a contest, with such an incentive we might see even more donations than last year, way to go Geeks :bigthumbs:

We have a one time exemption from the Father of the Crew!

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

millarddj

Great gesture Chuck. Nothing helps a good cause like a carrot on a stick. :P
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

nirab

Who the f%*k wants free cigars from a bunch of crusty, ornery, old a$$holes???....oh wait, I wouldn't mind...carry on!  :biggrin:  :lmao:

Nice gesture Chuck...ya grumpy ol' f$&k!  :lmao:  :shy:  :shy:  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Kman

QuoteMojo66 - 8/25/2015  11:30 AM  What a nice thing to do but aren't you afraid of loosing you Curmudgeon badges / status with such a nice gesture :biggrin:

No, it just means we'll be even bigger pains in the ass than usual to make up for it 

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

toby2

DonM

QuoteMojo66 - 8/25/2015  11:30 AM

What a nice thing to do but aren't you afraid of loosing you Curmudgeon badges / status with such a nice gesture :biggrin:

:angry: We don't just give those badges to anyone :angry: keep it up and we will just smoke the cigars and send the winner the empty box with all of our F**k you signatures on it. I tell you, try to do something nice and it gets thrown in your face :angry:

Get off my lawn and let me finish my cigar!

"The Curmudgeon"

Longhorn

Quotemillarddj - 8/25/2015  2:18 PM

Great gesture Chuck. Nothing helps a good cause like a carrot on a stick. :P

Carrots?  No one said anything about carrots.  Geez, offer up free cigars and now people want us to give them their daily serving of veggies!   :angry:

Now, get off my f%*&ing lawn!!!

:biggrin:

Jackal

Awesome, but I am lost.  Can you explain it again?

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Longhorn

QuoteJackal - 8/25/2015  7:23 PM

Yeah.  Send all of us one of your HTF/LE cigars and then we crap on your lawn.  :biggrin:

horrido

QuoteLonghorn - 8/25/2015  5:31 PM

QuoteJackal - 8/25/2015  7:23 PM

Yeah.  Send all of us one of your HTF/LE cigars and then we crap on your lawn.  :biggrin:

Well maybe could you explain it again for me maybe my mom dropped me on my head just want to make sure you explain it right........ :shy:
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Longhorn

nirab

will the winning cigars have the cello on or off?  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Kman

Quotenirab - 8/25/2015  10:48 PM  will the winning cigars have the cello on or off?  :biggrin:

Someone take this hippie out back and shoot him please? :uzi:

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

johncw

Wait let me make sure I understand what you're saying... so if I donate 20 cigars I get 20 entries? :confused:

I can't remember if I was dropped as a kid or not. :?:  :hitme:  :banghead:

nirab

QuoteKman - 8/25/2015  11:10 PM

Quotenirab - 8/25/2015  10:48 PM  will the winning cigars have the cello on or off?  :biggrin:

Someone take this hippie out back and shoot him please? :uzi:

LOL!!  :lmao:  :lmao:   Before you shoot me, please advise as to which cut the winner should use on these cigars...v cut, straight cut or punch. Thanks in advance to all youse grumpy basturds!

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.