Midwest Prensado Release at Burning Leaf, IL Nov. 13

Started by podman28, 10/27/2009 12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

podman28

We will have the Midwest Release Party for Alec Bradley Prensado at Burning Leaf Cigars in Plainfield, IL on Friday, November 13 from 5-10pm. We will also have a supply of the limited Tempus Magistri Maduro at that time. All 5 sizes of Prensado will be available. There will be food, drinks and a raffle for prizes. The special of the day will be buy a box of cigars and get 8 Alec Bradley Family Blends free along with a Burner tabletop lighter. PM me if you are interested as I will be able to ship as well. :dancing:  :dancing:

nwb

Tim, thanks for yet another opportunity to try some cigars at a discount.  PM sent.

nwb
Chief of Shaft

podman28

Quotenwb - 10/27/2009  8:13 PM

Tim, thanks for yet another opportunity to try some cigars at a discount.  PM sent.

nwb

It is my pleasure. I smoked a Prensado in New Orleans and thought it was one of the top 3 cigars I tried there. I just had another today and it is very, very good. We got our shipment to be ready for the party and I was told to pass a few out to seed the crowd and everyone was very impressed. It is one hell of a smoke. :biggrin:

nwb

Quotepodman28 - 10/27/2009  11:37 PM

nwb

It is my pleasure. I smoked a Prensado in New Orleans and thought it was one of the top 3 cigars I tried there. I just had another today and it is very, very good. We got our shipment to be ready for the party and I was told to pass a few out to seed the crowd and everyone was very impressed. It is one hell of a smoke. :biggrin:

What were the other two of the top three you tried?

nwb
Chief of Shaft

podman28

Quotenwb - 10/28/2009  1:50 PM

Quotepodman28 - 10/27/2009  11:37 PM

nwb

What were the other two of the top three you tried?

nwb

The other 2 were the Liga Privada T52 and the San Cristobal Sungrown.

mcdimond

Tim, this is sounding more & more tempting. I may be PMing you once I figure out what I would want.

What kind of time frame do I have for ordering... e.g. up to the 13th?

Thanks for the generosity!
Michael

Fun Fact:
Groucho Marx suffered from insomnia, which he claimed was due to a financial loss in the stock market. When he suffered from insomnia, he used to call people up in the middle of the night and insult them. In the 1950s Groucho was invited to take a tour of the New York Stock Exchange. While in the observation booth, he grabbed the public address system handset and began singing "Lydia the Tattooed Lady". Upon hearing silence coming from the trading floor, he walked into view, was given a loud cheer by the traders, and shouted, "Gentlemen, in 1929 I lost eight hundred thousand dollars on this floor, and I intend to get my money's worth!" For fifteen minutes, he sang, danced, told jokes, and all this time, the Wall Street stock ticker was running blank.

podman28

Quotemcdimond - 10/28/2009  3:03 PM

Tim, this is sounding more & more tempting. I may be PMing you once I figure out what I would want.

What kind of time frame do I have for ordering... e.g. up to the 13th?

Thanks for the generosity!

Yes anytime up to and including the 13th but any pm the day of should be done in the morning as by noon I will be up to my eyeballs in stuff to do. :shades:

nwb

Tim, how does the San Cristobal Sungrown compare to the Ashton VSG, both in flavor and cost?

Thanks for the info!

nwb
Chief of Shaft

podman28

Quotenwb - 10/28/2009  6:59 PM

Tim, how does the San Cristobal Sungrown compare to the Ashton VSG, both in flavor and cost?

Thanks for the info!

nwb

The flavor is completely different than a VSG and the normal San Cristobal. It is a lighter cigar with maybe almost a fruity quality from what I remember. I am sure the prices will be in-line with the original San Cristobal.

nwb

Tim, thanks for the information.  Keep us up to date as the event nears!

nwb
Chief of Shaft

podman28

One week until the event. Here are the prices for the boxes. Magistri Maduro $202, Prensado Corona Gorda $166, Robusto $172, Churchill $190, Torpedo $218 and Gran Toro $218. Geek discount does apply. You can also mix and match for a box of 20 to get the box deal. You may also pick from the other Alec Bradley lines as well if that is what you want. We have the Vice, SCR, Tempus, some MAXX and Maxx Tradional. PM me with anything you may want to order or for individual stick pricing.

mcdimond

Michael

Fun Fact:
Groucho Marx suffered from insomnia, which he claimed was due to a financial loss in the stock market. When he suffered from insomnia, he used to call people up in the middle of the night and insult them. In the 1950s Groucho was invited to take a tour of the New York Stock Exchange. While in the observation booth, he grabbed the public address system handset and began singing "Lydia the Tattooed Lady". Upon hearing silence coming from the trading floor, he walked into view, was given a loud cheer by the traders, and shouted, "Gentlemen, in 1929 I lost eight hundred thousand dollars on this floor, and I intend to get my money's worth!" For fifteen minutes, he sang, danced, told jokes, and all this time, the Wall Street stock ticker was running blank.

sam a

i'm gonna have to try to make it, i'm not too far from plainfield... if not for the event i'll trek out there sometime just for the hell of it.
Any cigars portrayed in this post that appear to be Cuban in origin are completely fictional in nature. Any resemblance between these cigars and actual Cuban cigars is unintended and purely coincidental.

podman28

Quotesam a - 11/9/2009  12:07 AM

i'm gonna have to try to make it, i'm not too far from plainfield... if not for the event i'll trek out there sometime just for the hell of it.

Sounds great. Glad to have you. The Magistri Maduros came in and I smoking one right now. It is very good. The Prensados I have smoked have been excellent as well. I am taking pre-orders now so if anyone wants something just pm me. :biggrin:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.