Have had good luck with JR's and CI-Bid

Started by Sticks, 11/10/2007 12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sticks

Just my two cents worth here. I judge these two cigar retailers by their customer service and the speed in which they respond. One time I had a mouldy box of Flor de Copan's from JR's. They had a return label to me in two days and refunded my money within four days from my initial call to them. Also and email to CI-Bid a few weeks ago was responed to within tweny-four hours and they were a big help also. With each of these two, you just have to watch the hype on some of their cigars. They both have pretty good priced on their auctions if you play your cards right.

ljlemer

I had very good customer service with Famous.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

mistagordo

I've had good luck with all 3 - JRs, CBid/CI, and Famous.  The only big one I would stay away from is Thomspons.  I haven't had good experiences with them.  They sold product they didn't have and gave me trouble sending back some broken sticks.

Steve

Peterfield

Just received the Thompson catalog and there are several name-brand samplers that would make great X-mas gifts.  I generally stay away from Thompsons but they occasionally have great deals and these samplers seem to be priced right.  

Paul

ljlemer

QuotePeterfield - 12/9/2007  11:47 AM

Just received the Thompson catalog and there are several name-brand samplers that would make great X-mas gifts.  I generally stay away from Thompsons but they occasionally have great deals and these samplers seem to be priced right.  

Paul

My first cigar purchases (since I went back to smoking after 23 years) were from Thompson's. I smoked some great cigar samplers and one with beetle holes that was stale and moldy.
(Yes, I smoked it a while. Yuck!) They have some good deals, but the best are from cigarbid.com.  Overall I give Thompson's poor grades. Their prices are way too high, their house brands are awful, and they seldom sell cigars in amounts smaller than a box.

Thomas Mann

Peterfield

I am addicted to Cigar Bid and I get 90% of my cigars there.

Paul

ljlemer

QuotePeterfield - 12/9/2007  10:27 PM

I am addicted to Cigar Bid and I get 90% of my cigars there.

Paul

I mentioned in a different thread removing 400 cellos. How did I get so many cigars? :shades:  :shades:  I'm going cold turkey quitting cigarbid on orders from Her Majestry.

Thomas Mann

Sticks

Four hundred, wow, and I thought I was bad at one hundred and fifty in two weeks of bidding. I made one last visit this week only because I really like Fonseca's and the bidding was way low. So I  jumped in and I should have six, five packs coming my way. I am off all cigars sites that sell them for at least one month or I will be single again.  :-0

mhuss

I tried CI-Bid over the weekend, but didn't win anything.  There was a five-pack of Montecristo Media Noche Churchill's going for around $15 or so.  So I jumped in, but got outbid, mainly because I had to go to work and the bidding closed before I got home.  They ended up going for about $25, which I think was a pretty good deal.  CI sells a single Media Noche for about $12-14.  I think I'll give it a more serious shot pretty soon!

ljlemer

Quotemhuss - 12/10/2007  11:55 PM

I tried CI-Bid over the weekend, but didn't win anything.  There was a five-pack of Montecristo Media Noche Churchill's going for around $15 or so.  So I jumped in, but got outbid, mainly because I had to go to work and the bidding closed before I got home.  They ended up going for about $25, which I think was a pretty good deal.  CI sells a single Media Noche for about $12-14.  I think I'll give it a more serious shot pretty soon!

You can bid and place a maximum bid should the price go up. If you are only going to raise your bid anyway, just place a high max and go. Chances are it won't get that high, but if it does, you've either won or it was too expensive.

Thomas Mann

mhuss

Quoteljlemer - 12/25/2007  12:15 PM
You can bid and place a maximum bid should the price go up. If you are only going to raise your bid anyway, just place a high max and go. Chances are it won't get that high, but if it does, you've either won or it was too expensive.

That's some good advice; advice that I somehow forgot.  I actually just broke my CIBid cherry with a win last night on Christmas Eve.  I won three Montecristo Media Noche Churchills for $5 a piece.  CI sells them for about $14 each, so I'm saving a bit of money with this win.  You guys think $5 each for these guys is a pretty decent deal?

Sticks

If you getting 14 buck premium cigars for 5 bucks, you are doing a great job at bidding and it's nice to get a great win under your belt. Have a nice holidays and enjoy one of those great cigars.

ljlemer

Quotemhuss - 12/25/2007  7:08 PM

Quoteljlemer - 12/25/2007  12:15 PM

That's some good advice; advice that I somehow forgot.  I actually just broke my CIBid cherry with a win last night on Christmas Eve.  I won three Montecristo Media Noche Churchills for $5 a piece.  CI sells them for about $14 each, so I'm saving a bit of money with this win.  You guys think $5 each for these guys is a pretty decent deal?

Beginner's luck? Good job!

Thomas Mann

Bob Cordell

I buy almost weekly from CI-Bid, you really cant beat the deals. There are a few smartasses on the boards there though but most are good guys.

Have you guys ever tried TNT cigars? They will on average beat JR by about 15 - 20 percent!

An example: My favorite smokes are El Ray del Mundo Robustos

JR Price on a box: $63.95
                                            TNT Price on the same box: $49.95

See what I mean?
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

monteclaro

I've seen the site but haven't acually purchased anything from them yet.  I didn't realize the price difference there.  Might have to taker another look.
Hmmm...what to smoke, what to smoke...
http://www.cigargeeks.com/humidor/default....mber=monteclaro

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.