The wife said YES!!...It has ARRIVED!!! Tower pic

Started by nirab, 09/28/2015 06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nirab

...to a new humidor! Get your minds out of the gutter!!  :shy:  :angel:  

I'm starting the search, but thought I'd mine the experience and knowledge of the fantastic Cigar Geeks family. I'm looking to save some space, so the tower route seems the best way to go. I know having shelves vs drawers plays into box vs single storage, and my collection is almost all singles, but that could change down the road (if she says yes again!). I can see stacking some trays on the shelves until then, but wanted some feedback from y'all regarding these two inside storage options. I don't want to break the bank, but I do have some flexibility to go above the pricing of the towers regularly seen on the google interwebs. I've included links to a few that I am considering. Also, is there any supplier I should stay away from, and who are the trusted ones. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks y'all!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/upright-humidor-cabinet-3000-cigars-oak/233616113.html?listingId=399277509&sclid=pla_google_Brookstone&adid=29963&rmatt=tsid:1012713%7ccid:247411609%7cagid:14868890329%7ctid:kwd-125923815169%7ccrid:60879544129%7cnw:g%7crnd:6456656119656332317%7cdvc:c%7cadp:1o3&gclid=CjwKEAjwyqOwBRDZuIO4p5SV8w0SJAAQoUSwykTAwsKU7fHf4_AHdEDV43YMSS7Pg0ZxxN2ZJm86-BoCJmzw_wcB

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/10287405218039039157?biw=1455&bih=732&q=cigar+tower+humidor&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.&ion=1&espv=2&tch=1&ech=1&psi=7vIJVr-pOMiLyASHgI6IAw.1443492841831.5&prds=paur:ClkAsKraXzOPhev9EnCQnIUixkfSQlEKz9Fwjn-AS3LI47CsoMBYRmgOv5NJsAHir2T0JIbgf4HxCmsOH2S3L_L5rXM10iSmDFt611qDgcPDyZL4ypNrwCnPBhIZAFPVH70seX5miM9J9FfzZlbdZhh50IMMPw&ved=0CAQQpitqFQoTCKrX7v6Vm8gCFdYTkgodvyAJHQ&ei=B_QJVuq3L9anyAS_waToAQ

http://www.1stclasshumidors.com/1500-cigar-cabinet-humidor.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwyqOwBRDZuIO4p5SV8w0SJAAQoUSw0OOPsgPg_8EZy3KKl1CYDehbLLbo4B6g8eLSdljamRoCRPLw_wcB

http://www.avallohumidors.com/Tower.html

https://www.etsy.com/listing/96342514/cigar-humidor-and-daffodils?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=cigar%20cabinet%20humidor&ref=sc_gallery_3&plkey=21fc3bc676e514f986d022c82597372d7e827210:96342514
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

ntanner

Some nice one's in the bunch. I really like the last one, the cabinet and daffodils but I also like the first oak one and that one seem's a bit more practical to me.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

nirab

Quotentanner - 9/28/2015  9:59 PM

Some nice one's in the bunch. I really like the last one, the cabinet and daffodils but I also like the first oak one and that one seem's a bit more practical to me.

Yea, I'm thinking the same way so far.  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

sar127

I like the first one as well, followed closely by the third.

ps lucky you!!
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

Vroomp

I was warned that the first one (which I originally considered myself) was actually hard to humidify the drawers and First Class rarely has theirs in stock even though they had the best price with shipping. I ended up with the Economy Tower which allows for either slanting the shelves for displaying singles or installing shelves flat for box storage. It has two fixed shelves set flat already.......... Enjoy, whichever way you go! :bigthumbs:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Mojo66

You are one of the lucky ones. I've been wanting a tower for years now but can't seem to ever justify the spending.

You are blessed my friend, hope you find exactly what you are looking for
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Cfickter

Brian, I wish I could help you here, but your timing is perfect.  I also have been looking to move to a tower or some sort of wineador.  Will be following this thread.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

MT21

my .02  I like the Avallo with the slotted trays for better circulation.  I'm sure some other geeks will have suggestions with links to the humidor.  Good luck. :cool:  

My problem is that I would like to have a tower but the best place in my house for temp and humidity control is in the coolidor in the bedroom closet.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

nirab

QuoteVroomp - 9/29/2015  5:36 AM

I was warned that the first one (which I originally considered myself) was actually hard to humidify the drawers and First Class rarely has theirs in stock even though they had the best price with shipping. I ended up with the Economy Tower which allows for either slanting the shelves for displaying singles or installing shelves flat for box storage. It has two fixed shelves set flat already.......... Enjoy, whichever way you go! :bigthumbs:

Can you post a link to the one you went with? Maybe some pics of your setup?  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

johncw

Can't wait to see what you purchase! I've got to wait until the little ones are old enough to not be so nosey.

ThinBlueLine

I have the Avallo with little complaint...like any tower to regulate the humidity between top and bottom can be a PITA.
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

STL_Cohiba

QuoteMT21 - 9/28/2015  8:15 AM

my .02  I like the Avallo with the slotted trays for better circulation.  I'm sure some other geeks will have suggestions with links to the humidor.  Good luck. :cool:  

My problem is that I would like to have a tower but the best place in my house for temp and humidity control is in the coolidor in the bedroom closet.

I second that I have seen them up close and personal very nice and quality craftsmanship
"The only way to break a bad habit was to replace it with a better habit." Jack Nicholson, explaining why he switched from cigarettes to cigars" -Jack Nicholson

http://cigargeeks.com/humidor/default.asp?
action=humidor&member=STL%5FCohiba

bmac7754

Congrats and get it before she changes her mind. I like the third one, the second one has a nice look but having feet would keep me away. If one ever broke it's coming crashing down.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

nirab

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

ninfiction

Here's a link to mine: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=33846.0

I'm using the Hydra LG with 2 external fans to humidify it. I put the Hydra on the second shelf from the bottom, it seems the humidty stays low even with the fans pointing up. It has 2 drawers and came with 6 trays that I moved around and I added 4 more of the smaller trays for more singles. I think I need to put more open slats in for better circulation but I like it so far.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

nirab

Quoteninfiction - 9/29/2015  11:45 AM

I'm using the Hydra LG with 2 external fans to humidify it. I put the Hydra on the second shelf from the bottom, it seems the humidty stays low even with the fans pointing up. It has 2 drawers and came with 6 trays that I moved around and I added 4 more of the smaller trays for more singles. I think I need to put more open slats in for better circulation but I like it so far.

can you post, or send me a couple of pics?  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

nirab

This one is tempting! Comes with (2) Cigar Oasis Plus units. It's got me thinking...ouch!  :biggrin:

http://www.1stclasshumidors.com/checkout/cart/

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

ninfiction

Quotenirab - 9/29/2015  11:58 AM

Quoteninfiction - 9/29/2015  11:45 AM

can you post, or send me a couple of pics?  :biggrin:

Absolutely, I will later tonight.

horrido

Lucky you nice work what did you need to give up - a trip to the vinyards?
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

appollo

The last one looks to be the best cabinet with the visible joints in it.The craftmans ship looks to be above the rest,but so is the price. :biggrin:

horrido

Quoteappollo - 9/29/2015  12:38 PM

The last one looks to be the best cabinet with the visible joints in it.The craftmans ship looks to be above the rest,but so is the price. :biggrin:

I work in wood for a hobby and the last one is right up my alley - workmanship looks amazing and joints are well crafted. If you can I would buy it and also the old saying goes you get what you pay for - you go cheap you get crap. Also the wood quality is top notch from what I could tell.  :-) go for what you can get Brian.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

ninfiction

Hopefully this works. I took some more pics of my tower. I'm not sure you can still get this model, the way it's set up with the 2 drawers...and it sure looks fuller in reality. The close-ups make it look really empty, but I am sitting on only about 450 cigars so plenty of room for more.

The 2 black things are cat litter, I had it in my tupperdor before I got the tower and just stuck it in there hoping it would help stabilize the rh, not sure it's really helping or not. I've got 4 hygrometers placed throughout. Like I said the top levels are lower rh than the bottom, could be due to all the open space.

Let me know if the album doesn't work. http://imgur.com/a/WwPt1

MacMac

Looks GREAT! For now, I'll have to stiick with my tupperdor, but i'd like to go that route someday!
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Brlesq

I have that first one (3000 ct. in oak) and its terrific.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.