Chicago

Started by plnortham, 10/08/2015 09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plnortham

Well, as predicted in Back To The Future: 2, the Cubs have made it to the playoffs and won their Wild Card game.  Hopefully they can beat St. Louis again.  Furthermore, the Chicago Blackhawks hung their Stanley Cup banner from last season.  However, they didn't win their opener.  Let's hope the Chicago trend continues!  Go Cubs!  Go Hawks! :dancing:
Phil Northam

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." ~Mark Twain

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." ~W.C. Fields

Joelala

Quoteplnortham - 10/8/2015  12:29 PM

Well, as predicted in Back To The Future: 2, the Cubs have made it to the playoffs and won their Wild Card game.  Hopefully they can beat St. Louis again.  Furthermore, the Chicago Blackhawks hung their Stanley Cup banner from last season.  However, they didn't win their opener.  Let's hope the Chicago trend continues!  Go Cubs!  Go Hawks! :dancing:

Great day to be a cubs fan
Joe

ninfiction

I'm all for the Cubs finally winning it all, but the Hawks can &8%$ right off. Sincerly, Wild Fan
This is not the admin you're looking for...

horrido

Go Blue Jays sorry Cubs are not getting past them.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

lubrix

I am happy for them!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Mojo66

What about the Jays.... :biggrin:

And, BTW, go HABS go
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

05Venturer

Quoteninfiction - 10/8/2015  1:15 PM

I'm all for the Cubs finally winning it all, but the Hawks can &8%$ right off. Sincerly, Wild Fan

How do you really feel Brian  :?:  :lmao:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

millarddj

As a nascent Pirates fan, I was disappointed in the Wild Card game, but if they had to lose to someone, I'm glad it was the Cubs!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

danb6177

Quoteninfiction - 10/8/2015  2:15 PM

Lightning fan here so yeah hawks can &8%$ right off  :lmao:

I think they lost to much trying to get under cap this year anyway. I dont see them as the major threat in the west this year. But as for the cubbies Im pulling for them. Not a big baseball fan but you gotta want the cubs to win.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

Cfickter

It was a heartbreak of a game.  But Arreita threw a masterful game.  Can't pull for the Cub or the Cards.  Looking for the Astros!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Longhorn

QuoteCfickter - 10/8/2015  3:42 PM

It was a heartbreak of a game.  But Arreita threw a masterful game.  Can't pull for the Cub or the Cards.  Looking for the Astros!

This.  :thumbsup:

plnortham

Awe.  A Wild fan upset with the Hawks?  Thats not residual hatred left over from last season is it?  :-) And it's always a good day to be a Cubs fan!  As well as a Hawks fan!  Go Cubs! Go Hawks!
Phil Northam

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." ~Mark Twain

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." ~W.C. Fields

nirab

Cubs vs Astros series would be a fun one to watch. I'd like the Cubs to win, just because so many people will be able to die happy!  :shy:  :angel:

Hockey has started...that can only mean one thing...GO KINGS!!!!  :rocker:  :cheer:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Joelala

If anyone wants a little 5er bet on the cubs cards series let me know. GO CUBS
Joe

plnortham

QuoteJoelala - 10/7/2015  5:14 PM

Wow!  s**t just got real! Ha! :fencing:
Phil Northam

NebNorse

Quoteninfiction - 10/8/2015  1:15 PM

I am with you on the Cubs and Hawks, but the Wild can @#$#@$ off too.  GO AVALANCHE!!!!   :dancing:  :dancing:
"I'll come back as soon as I can with as much as I can. In the meantime, you've got to hold!" - As spoken to General Wainright by General MacArthur in March of 1942

My Cigar smells better than YOUR FEEDLOT!

sevencardstud

LOL GO Jays GO! and bring back the Nordiques
"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar." -Mark Twain

appollo

Quotehorrido - 10/8/2015  3:16 PM

Go Blue Jays sorry Cubs are not getting past them.
x2 :-)

horrido

Quotesevencardstud - 10/8/2015  4:57 PM

LOL GO Jays GO! and bring back the Nordiques

Maybe the Expos to....lol
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Mojo66

Quotehorrido - 10/8/2015  10:10 PM  
Quotesevencardstud - 10/8/2015  4:57 PM  LOL GO Jays GO! and bring back the Nordiques
Maybe the Expos to....lol

Why not both :dancing:  

I'd get season tickets immediately if the Expos ever came back but in today's market, it's more wishful thinking than anything else unfortunately.

But the Nordiques already have a state of the art, brand new home to move in and the possibility is very much real that Quebec will have an NHL team in the near future.

I'd be happy for the competition and the rivalry. Quebec is only 150 miles away from here and the HABS have always enjoyed torturing the Nordiques and we've been missing beating them so much... For the fans in Quebec city it's a big deal because when their team was sold and became the Colorado Avalanche, they went on to win the Stanley Cup the very same year with almost the same exact team and that, the fans didn't appreciate one bit.

All of that being said though, I still won't like them Nordiques, if they do come back :biggrin:

Go Habs Go .

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

johncw

QuoteJoelala - 10/8/2015  4:14 PM

Joe I accept the bet. GO CARDINALS!!!

gpd4

GO CARDS and GO BLUES!!!!
My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

StogieDad

Quotejohncw - 10/9/2015  10:18 AM

Now THAT is a geek bet.  True fans, good luck fellas!

I am a Braved fan, so I only watched baseball for fantasy purposes, oh about a month in.  As a traditionalist, I would love to see the Cubs go far
  Enjoyed watching the Red Sox that year they came back from 0-3 to beat the Yanks.  True baseball, fun to watch.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Joelala

Quotejohncw - 10/9/2015  9:18 AM

It is official. Glad someone picked this up. LETS GO CUBBIES!!!!!
Joe

plnortham

Good luck guys!  Go CUBS!!!
Phil Northam

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.