9 Month Contest.....It's Finally Over!

Started by McBryde, 10/23/2015 11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McBryde

With my account acting up on me posting stuff, I can only post about 5-6 sentences on a post, so this could get interesting. It may actually take me 9 months to finish this whole post. Sorry for you having to read so many posts to get the whole story/ contest ahead of time.

Well Ladies and Gents, and I use those terms VERY loosely in this company,

since I haven't been able to Google herf with you guys lately due to all the mosquitoes, there has been other stuff to do around here with that time I guess. The wife is now expecting a child! We have a 6 year old daughter, Irelynn Hope, that we tried for 8 years to have. My wife lost another child in June of 2014 to a miscarriage, so this one we are a little worried about, but she is trying to take things slow and easy. She is about 10 weeks along now, sick all the time with morning sickness, and just feeling blah mostly, but we are eagerly looking forward to seeing the baby on the sonogram at the 12 week checkup.

"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

McBryde

After the loss of our second child, we both seemed to withdraw from family and friends, and even each other a little bit, just because it all seemed so surreal I guess. I seemed to wander around in a fog with no set direction most days there for a while. I prayed a lot, and had to of said "Why?" more than God wanted to hear. I have come to the realization that God just needed her more than we did for some reason or another, and hopefully I'll find out why one of these days. I felt helpless not being able to comfort my wife in her pain and agony of feeling like it was her fault in some way or another. It just plain sucked! We came to the realization that we will get to see her again one of these days, as she waits for us in heaven. I designated a cigar to her that I will smoke on her birthday until I die, and other days as well, just to send up some smoke in remembrance. I never even got to meet her, but I miss her and love her everyday. Savannah Grace McBryde will be celebrated every February 20th with a cigar.

Anyway, enough of the sappiness, and onto the contest for the new McBryde baby:

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

McBryde

We don't know what in the world we are having, and won't know until week 20 evidently, and can't come up with any names that are suiting either of us right now. So, as for my contest, I want to hear 3 things for the first part, and you can enter as many times in the next 10 weeks as you want. I'll update along the way as to when the 20 week appointment is, and that will be the cutoff for entry on the first 3 parts of the 4. The first part is sex of the kiddo, followed by date of birth, and then time of birth. The sex will be the 1st determinant, tiebreakers determined by date, and then time. The 4th part of the equation is naming the baby. If you can come up with something that the wife and I both like, and go with, there will be an extra special prize! So, there will be one prize for sure given out for the closest to the sex, date, and time, and then possibly an extra special prize pack for the naming part. I taught high school for 8.5 years, so most normal names have a bad association with them, so it can be tough naming a kid, LOL. I'll take names for the baby for a good while past 20 weeks, until we come up with something we like.

McBryde

The first 3 parts are:

1. Sex of the baby
2. Date of the birth (Due Date is May 16th, but she'll be having a C-section.)
3. Time of the birth

Last part:

4.Names for the Baby

Good Luck, and God Bless!

Emerson

p.s.- Sorry it has taken multiple posts for this.

05Venturer

1: bouncing baby boy
2: May 6th
3: 1:23 pm

4: Jeremiah
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

MacMac

1. Little girl
2. May 10
3. 10am
4. Hope
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Brlesq

Congrats, Em, and thanks for the contest!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

lubrix

Wish you all my best!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

McBryde

Thanks guys, we are excited!

E

ninfiction

Congratulations Emerson!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

StogieDad

That's awesome man!  We had a tough time having our first, but it is so worth it when they are here.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

McBryde

I agree Michael, kids change your life in a great way!

E

plnortham

Baby Boy on May 2 at 2:47p.  His name will be Theodore (Theo for short).
Phil Northam

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." ~Mark Twain

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." ~W.C. Fields

C130Driver

First and foremost, congrats! My wife is pregnant with our first currently. I'm going to say it's a boy this go around, May 17, 11:30a. I always liked the name Kaleb, maybe you will too. Thanks for the contest, I've got a similar one going, check it out. Maybe we'll both get lucky and it will turn into a trade instead!
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

Cfickter

Emerson, that is awesome, congratulations

Lets go Boy, May 10, 6lbs.5oz.

Funny, your story about being a teacher and having difficulties choosing names.  It was the same for us.  My wife taught for 22 years.  When we would run thru names in a book and all I would hear was "Nope, had one of those" and then the details of some kid breaking something, hitting someone, etc...  The second consideration was always what I called the "Is that what they want to be called when they are 70?" factor.  Anyway we ended up with two girls and while early weren't crazy about their names, they like them now.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Mojo66

Congrats to both of you, I'm sending all kinds of positive thoughts and my kind of prayers for everything to go as smoothly as possible.

Thanks for the contest, here is my guess:

1. A beautiful boy
2. May 9th
3. 10:30 AM
4. Why not call him Sebastien, I swear he'll be the only one with that name :biggrin:  but seriously, one of the 1st McBryde to settle in the USA was Joseph Alexander McBryde, if you don't want a Sebastien, maybe that would be a good alternative.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

nirab

Congratulations brother, this is wonderful news!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

Here is my guess...

1. Sex of the baby - Male
 2. Date of the birth (Due Date is May 16th, but she'll be having a C-section.) - May 11th
 3. Time of the birth - 11:11pm

Last part:

4.Names for the Baby - Brogan McBryde

...did I win???  :shy:  :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Longhorn

Congratulations, Emerson!

I'll guess a girl, born on May 2 at 8:00P and her name will be Ashlyn.

:thumbsup:

johncw

I'm really sorry to hear of the hardships of losing a child and can't imagine nor want to, but very excited to hear that you have continued to try and another another baby and will keep your family in my prayers

1. Boy
2. May 6th
3. 8:16am
Last part:

4. Lucas Emerson

Congrats again and thanks for the contest.

headfirst

Congrats Emerson!

Girl
May 8 (Mother's Day!)
11 AM

Sounds like you need a unique name with Biblical roots, how about Selah?
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

CharlieDon'tSurf

Cool contest and nice words.

Healthy Baby Girl
May 9th
6:50am

I think the name Faith is fitting

McBryde

Thanks for all the guesses, keep them coming!

E

Gustoff

Awesome News!! Congrats!!!
1. Girl
2. May 11th
3. 3:45pm
4. Eveign ~EvEEn~ (Its irish and carries a crazy spelling like Eveigheipn or something along those lines)
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

McBryde

Well, today is the day we get to find out what we are going to be having, and thus will end question one of the contest. Get your guesses in! Question 2 will be finished on Dec 28th after we see our normal baby doc and the date for a c section is set, unless God has other plans first!

E

johncw

Congrats Emerson and to your family. Prayers for your wife and unborn baby will continue.

1. A beautiful little girl
2. May 5th (same my daughter)
3. 9:18 am
4. Rose

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.