Wifi Monitoring Sensors

Started by ThinBlueLine, 10/24/2015 07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThinBlueLine

I know this has been brought up several of times since I've been a member here and nothing has really sparked my interest, until now.  I ordered 3 sensors and a tag manager from Wireless Tags and couldn't be more happier.  Super simple to setup via smartphone app and now I can monitor my stashes humidity and temperature and also create custom alerts for same.  They also offer a motion sensor in case you fear someone getting into your stash.  A buddy of mine from another forum introduced me to them so please use his link if you plan on ordering.  Also I would recommend emailing the company and asking if they have any promotional deals as I received a 15% coupon code.  Below is a screenshot of what the app and sensors show from the home screen...way more detailed when you actually click on the sensor.  For the 3 sensors and tag manager it was roughly $107 shipped.  Can't be beat and couldn't be happier after a long hunt.  Furthermore they don't just work locally when you are in your house on your own wife they work anywhere your phone has internet.  Any questions let me know...

http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=7JMO7hMB50ClwskVMTgl7A

I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

horrido

Pretty neat stuff thanks for posting info
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

appollo

ninfiction

Interesting, I check the hygrometers in mine probably twice a day because I'm so anal, this would make life slightly easier. I think we need more pics of your set up too.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

ThinBlueLine

You want to see my setup or is that an excuse to peak into my stash?

Cfickter

Scott, this is very interesting to me.  Looks like the tags are either $29 (13 bit version) or $35 (Pro 2.0 version) but looks like the 13 bit version would be fine for humidors.  Plus the Tag manager @ $59 Is that what you set up?
Is there a charge for the App or on going monitoring?
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

ninfiction

QuoteThinBlueLine - 10/24/2015  10:24 AM

You want to see my setup or is that an excuse to peak into my stash?

Ha! Both...
This is not the admin you're looking for...

ThinBlueLine

QuoteCfickter - 10/24/2015  11:34 AM  Scott, this is very interesting to me.  Looks like the tags are either $29 (13 bit version) or $35 (Pro 2.0 version) but looks like the 13 bit version would be fine for humidors.  Plus the Tag manager @ $59 Is that what you set up?

I didn't get the pro version cause I could care less about the motion sensors.  Yes I setup the 13 bit humidity and temperature sensors and the tag manager with power adapter.  No fee for app or monitoring...all included and it's quite a robust app

ThinBlueLine

You are more than welcome to try my coupon code...let me know if it works.. Y3AA63X9G5YL

05Venturer

QuoteThinBlueLine - 10/24/2015  10:05 AM

Furthermore they don't just work locally when you are in your house on your own wife they work anywhere your phone has internet.  Any questions let me know...

So your saying they will even work when your at someone else's house on their "wife" ?
That's a helluva added bonus
How does it sense who's wife your on? A PROBE  :-0
 :-0  :-0  :biggrin:  :lmao:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

ThinBlueLine

Hahahahah nice catch Kent

Cfickter

QuoteThinBlueLine - 10/24/2015  11:45 AM  

QuoteCfickter - 10/24/2015  11:34 AM  Scott, this is very interesting to me.  Looks like the tags are either $29 (13 bit version) or $35 (Pro 2.0 version) but looks like the 13 bit version would be fine for humidors.  Plus the Tag manager @ $59 Is that what you set up?

I didn't get the pro version cause I could care less about the motion sensors.  Yes I setup the 13 bit humidity and temperature sensors and the tag manager with power adapter.  No fee for app or monitoring...all included and it's quite a robust app

Thanks for taking time to address my questions, looks like something I will be ordering

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

ebernabe

Mojo66

Kent, you sir have a twisted mind, and I like it  :biggrin:  Good catch indeed.

That setup is very cool and a relatively inexpensive add on. Nice.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Longhorn

Scott, thanks for posting.  I'm interested as well...

Camshaft83

I'm going to have to look into this too. Thanks for posting it.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

bstessl

Glad I read all the comments before posting about the wife situation...  Damn you Kent!

Also, I think I may look into this as well!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

MacMac

Thanks for sharing this information! I love stuff like this!
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

sevencardstud

When I finally get a tower set up. I think Im going to copy this set up.
"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar." -Mark Twain

C130Driver

This looks pretty awesome, I am just trying to figure out how to pitch it to the wife. Any idea what the precision of the RH readings are?
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

bstessl

this is something to use with multiple humis right?  or just in tower set-ups?
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Cfickter

QuoteC130Driver - 10/25/2015  10:45 PM  This looks pretty awesome, I am just trying to figure out how to pitch it to the wife. Any idea what the precision of the RH readings are?

According to the website: Air humidity and notification with 0.12% resolution RH sensor (+/- 1% error)

that is half the Xikar rectangular digital that has +/- 2% error

headfirst

Looks like I may have a Christmas wish list item to push, very cool!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

ThinBlueLine

Quotebstessl - 10/26/2015  2:21 AM  this is something to use with multiple humis right?  or just in tower set-ups?

Not just for towers they can be used in multiple small humidors...

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.