Help!

Started by MacMac, 10/27/2015 05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacMac

my virtual humidor is not syncing correctly. Cigars I add via my iPad are syncing into the virtual humidor, but the cigars I mark as smoked are not moving out of the curtent inventory. My iPad has the correct info. How can I make the virtual humidor update correctly?
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

bmac7754

Joe I might not be any help here but after clicking "smoke one" are you hitting the back button or just closing it out.  I hit the back button on my ipad and then re-sync and it seems to be working just fine. Also what I found to be an issue before is I wasn't downloading the updated cigar database which was screwing this up.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

MacMac

Hi Brian, I'm not sure of my steps, but I have a big mess right now. The difference in the two versions is significant. I hope there is a way for me to overwrite the virtual version with the iPad version. If not, I guess i'll have to go in and "fix" the virtual version and then overwrite the iPad version.

I wonder what would happen if I deleated the virtual version and the synced the iPad version...??

Maybe SeñorPablo can give some advice! 

Joe 

bmac7754

QuoteMacMac - 10/27/2015  11:14 PM  

Hi Brian, I'm not sure of my steps, but I have a big mess right now. The difference in the two versions is significant. I hope there is a way for me to overwrite the virtual version with the iPad version. If not, I guess i'll have to go in and "fix" the virtual version and then overwrite the iPad version.

I wonder what would happen if I deleated the virtual version and the synced the iPad version...??

Joe 

Joe, before you make a mess try sending him a PM.  I think he can back you up figure out what is happening. He will apply some of his geek wizardry 

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

MacMac

Quotebmac7754 - 10/27/2015  11:35 PM  
QuoteMacMac - 10/27/2015  11:14 PM  

Joe 

Joe, before you make a mess try sending him a PM.  I think he can back you up figure out what is happening. He will apply some of his geek wizardry 

Thanks Brian, I'll do that! 

SenorPablo

Hey Joe.  Let me take a closer look into this.  I'll send you a PM.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

MacMac

QuoteSenorPablo - 10/28/2015  7:44 AM

-Paul

The humidor sync is all taken care of. Thanks Paul!  :bow:  :cheer:

bmac7754

QuoteMacMac - 10/28/2015  8:33 PM  

-Paul

Paul comes thru again.  So what was it, just in case we see this happen to somebody.

MacMac

Quotebmac7754 - 10/28/2015  8:45 PM

QuoteMacMac - 10/28/2015  8:33 PM  

-Paul

Paul comes thru again.  So what was it, just in case we see this happen to somebody.

We're not sure what caused it but two back to back full syncs (not overwrites) fixed it.

SenorPablo

Glad we were able to work it out.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Alle82

I have used the app on my iphone to put in all my humidors and i would like to sync with the web page here.

So i dont do the same misstake as before and delete everything.

But when i go in to my humidor on the app and press Sync it has been syncing for hours and nothing happens.

Am i doing it wrong?

MacMac

On the sync page under Synchronization Method: There are two choices: Differential and Full. Try the "Full" setting. This helps me when the iPad and the website have differences.
Joe

SenorPablo

QuoteAlle82 - 5/12/2016  4:42 AM

I have used the app on my iphone to put in all my humidors and i would like to sync with the web page here.

So i dont do the same misstake as before and delete everything.

But when i go in to my humidor on the app and press Sync it has been syncing for hours and nothing happens.

Am i doing it wrong?

It sounds like it may have lost connectivity in the middle.  Try it again and see what happens.  Also, a reported issue is that some of the date format settings on the iPhone can cause issues with the sync.  If you are using a non-US based date format, try changing it to US format.

-Paul

Alle82

Thanks for all the advices, gonna try and change to US format. Hope it works, its a great app!

Alle82

I tried it now after i had changed the time to Us format, it takes like 20 seconds.

But nothing comes up here on the web page.

I tried both options.

Alle82

I also had problem with the cigar database update but after i changed to Us Format there was no problem anymore!

SenorPablo

QuoteAlle82 - 5/12/2016  11:04 AM

I tried it now after i had changed the time to Us format, it takes like 20 seconds.

But nothing comes up here on the web page.

I tried both options.

Did you try it with the "Full" option as opposed to the default "Differential" method?

Alle82

Yes i tried it with the full, the Diffrental doesnt work. It stops at "Checking for new entries".

But when i take full it works immediatly! But nothin happens in the "my humidor".

Alle82

I just tried to make a new humidor here on the page and that work and when i push the update and choose full it pops on my Iphone app with the cigars i had put in there.

But the others wont work.

Do you need to do it on the web for it to work?

I even tried to "smoke one" on the phone and then tried to sync after that but that didnt work. It is still in my humidor here on the site but smoked on my phone.

Sorry for spamming, just trying to give all info i can get.

SenorPablo

Let me send you a PM.

-Paul

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.