Humidor On Loan

Started by plnortham, 11/02/2015 02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plnortham

So recently, as many of you know, I received a rather healthy shipment of cigars from Brian "nirab".  Well, this healthy shipment of cigars, both quality and quantity, pushed me over my limit of cigars I can hold in my current humidor. Well, I got the ok from the wife to buy a new, larger, humidor (YAY!!! :cheer: ).  In the mean time, Kris "Scrubs", has been gracious enough to loan me his extra humidor to store my cigars in I received from Brian. So again Brian, "Thank you" and to Kris, "Thank you".  A lot of generosity going on, as usual, here on CG, thought everyone should know.  Cheers!
Phil Northam

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." ~Mark Twain

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." ~W.C. Fields

danb6177

sweet man, always nice to have to have a helping hand. Good luck growing that collection!
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

Cfickter

Well when thinking about the next humi purchase make sure you take the metric approach

Figure out what you think you want, double it, and add 32!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

STL_Cohiba

Well damn that was nice of him. I need some extra room myself lol
"The only way to break a bad habit was to replace it with a better habit." Jack Nicholson, explaining why he switched from cigarettes to cigars" -Jack Nicholson

http://cigargeeks.com/humidor/default.asp?
action=humidor&member=STL%5FCohiba

Longhorn

Quoteplnortham - 11/2/2015  6:51 PM

"Thank you" and to Kris, "Thank you".  A lot of generosity going on, as usual, here on CG, thought everyone should know.  Cheers!

Just to be clear, you just praised and thanked a couple of enablers!   :biggrin:

millarddj

You know, this sounds to me like Brian, Kris, and Phillip were all in cahoots to force the humidor issue.  :?:
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

nwb

Time for a tower.  Just sayin'. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

scrubs

:biggrin: Would I do such a thing? - -  Yeah, I would.
Kristofor "Kris" Copes

An exchange between Lady Astor and Winston Churchill:
Lady Astor:  "If I were your wife I would put poison in your coffee!"
Churchill: "And if I were your husband I would drink it."

MacMac

Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

nirab

I am always happy to enabl, er, I mean help out my fellow geeks...I just got my tower, and I'm thinking it's too small!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

C130Driver

I may have done a little enabling myself as I talked him into a humidor about twice the size he was originally considering :whistle:
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

McBryde

He did tell you that as long as it's still his humidor, he gets to smoke whatever out of it he wants right?

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Camshaft83

Very cool of Kris to help you out.  What humidor are you thinking of getting?
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

alter40

That's awesome. I'm still really new to the site but it seems like everyone here is super friendly and helpful with everything. Great to see a couple folks on here helping you out!

C130Driver

Quotealter40 - 11/2/2015  9:54 PM

That's awesome. I'm still really new to the site but it seems like everyone here is super friendly and helpful with everything. Great to see a couple folks on here helping you out!

That, more than anything, defines this community.
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

Mojo66

QuoteCfickter - 11/2/2015  5:57 PM  Well when thinking about the next humi purchase make sure you take the metric approach   Figure out what you think you want, double it, and add 32!

I couldn't agree more. Bigger is better when it comes to storing cigars. :biggrin:

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

McBryde

QuoteMojo66 - 11/2/2015  11:05 PM

QuoteCfickter - 11/2/2015  5:57 PM  Well when thinking about the next humi purchase make sure you take the metric approach   Figure out what you think you want, double it, and add 32!

I couldn't agree more. Bigger is better when it comes to storing cigars. :biggrin:

Agreed!
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

plnortham

Yes they enabled me.  Yes they gave me another reason to get a new humidor.  No I don't hate it.  Ha!  I ordered a 600 count cabinet humidor.  Heres the link for it:  http://www.cheaphumidors.com/humidors/cabinet-humidors/belmont-600-count-glass-door-cigar-humidor.html I think I'm going to be happy with the purchase though.  It is definitely about twice the size I was going to go with and with my current humidor to help with storage and rotation, I think my system will be perfect for me.  Ill keep you guys posted!
Phil Northam

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." ~Mark Twain

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." ~W.C. Fields

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.