Toast Across America

Started by ratboy, 11/12/2009 06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratboy

Anyone go to these? There is one this weekend in Denver and was considering going. Just don't know what to expect.

Thanks! :confused:

mountedshriner

Quoteratboy - 11/12/2009  4:36 PM

Anyone go to these? There is one this weekend in Denver and was considering going. Just don't know what to expect.

Me too. :confused: What is it?
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

ratboy

Quotemountedshriner - 11/12/2009  6:45 PM

Quoteratboy - 11/12/2009  4:36 PM

Me too. :confused: What is it?

Here is the description for the one near me. I believe there is a dinner and you get the smokes paired with dinner as well as the 2 exclusive smokes. All the money goes to charity. Just wondering about others experiences at these types of events.

The Fuente and Newman families are excited to announce the 7th Annual Toast Across America to benefit The Cigar Family Charitable Foundation (CFCF). This event joins retailers and connoisseurs from all over the country who will help raise funds needed to continue the development of the first Cigar Family Community Complex in the fertile tobacco growing regions of the Dominican Republic. This years Toast Across America events will feature two exclusive cigars  Fuente Fuente Opus X and Diamond Crown Maximus paired together in a commemorative wooden box.

podman28

The Toast Across America can be in many forms. The core of it is to sell a special 2-pack with one Opus X and one Diamond Crown Maximus. They cost $50 which all goes to Cigar Family Charity. Some shops pair it with a dinner or some other function. We are having one at my shop and are pairing it with a tasting of Fuente and J.C. Newman products.

ratboy

Quotepodman28 - 11/12/2009  7:00 PM

The Toast Across America can be in many forms. The core of it is to sell a special 2-pack with one Opus X and one Diamond Crown Maximus. They cost $50 which all goes to Cigar Family Charity. Some shops pair it with a dinner or some other function. We are having one at my shop and are pairing it with a tasting of Fuente and J.C. Newman products.

Awesome. Thank you!

DennisA

Seems like I remember Guinness doing something similar. I don't remember if it was for a charity or just a marketing thing, but it was a good excuse to get together with some friends, and hoist a pint or two!! :beer:
Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most.

nwb

They are having one of these at a local I frequent.  Serving dinner, having a freebie cigar, and of course the purchase price includes the 2 Toast Across America cigars.

Unfortunately, I'm on a purchase freeze....

nwb
Chief of Shaft

consti

There's a local shop that had this event as well. I passed up on it because of work. I would try and go to the next one if my schedule permits.
-Justin

sam a

when are you planning to have this event?
Any cigars portrayed in this post that appear to be Cuban in origin are completely fictional in nature. Any resemblance between these cigars and actual Cuban cigars is unintended and purely coincidental.

sam a

that last post was a question to podman (im still getting used to this site... and maybe a little stupid :-0 )
Any cigars portrayed in this post that appear to be Cuban in origin are completely fictional in nature. Any resemblance between these cigars and actual Cuban cigars is unintended and purely coincidental.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.