YAY!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!

Started by plnortham, 11/07/2015 06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plnortham

I finally got my new humidor in the mail yesterday!  I put it together and then I got its new home cleaned up and organized.  Its in the process of being seasoned now.  Cant wait to get all my new sticks in there! Just wanted to share the excitement!  I just wished it would already hurry up and be done seasoning.  This hurry up and wait bulls**t is for the birds.  BTW, its a 600 count humidor, in case you were wondering. :-)
Phil Northam

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." ~Mark Twain

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." ~W.C. Fields

toby2

Cfickter

Great looking humi, best of luck filling it!
BTW, do you use that fireplace right next to it?  Might be a concern for me
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

benchjockey

Very good looking. Now comes the fun part.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

appollo

Looks nice .It will be nicer wheen you get your sticks in it. :biggrin:

danb6177

very nice. what does it say the capacity is? Thats sort of what im looking to get
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

plnortham

QuoteCfickter - 11/6/2015  10:47 AM

Great looking humi, best of luck filling it!
BTW, do you use that fireplace right next to it?  Might be a concern for me

I do use the fireplace. I am prepared to move it if I need to.  But, The fire place, for whatever reason, doesn't put off a whole lot of heat.  I do intend on keeping an eye on it.  Thanks for the heads up though!  

And to the person who asked, it says its a 600 count.

Im so excited though to fill this thing up!  Ill post pictures whenever I get my sticks in there.
Phil Northam

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." ~Mark Twain

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." ~W.C. Fields

millarddj

Nice looking setup. I'd like something like it someday. Did you say where you got the humidor somewhere that I missed?
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

ninfiction

That looks great there in your room, nice looking humidor for sure!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

alter40

Jay'D

Quoteplnortham - 11/7/2015  10:43 AM

BTW, its a 600 count humidor, in case you were wondering. :-)

Still not big enough....trust me
Last name Hungry first name Always

My hobby collection | http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Jay%27D

bmac7754

Looking good. Now time to fill it up
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

ThinBlueLine

You'll be into a tower in no time at all. Trust me
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

sevencardstud

Its awesome. Im Jealous!
"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar." -Mark Twain

ntanner

Look's nice Phil, always prettier when filled. Now start looking for the next one or a nice cooler. :biggrin:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Longhorn

Brlesq

Quotentanner - 11/7/2015  11:51 AM

Look's nice Phil, always prettier when filled. Now start looking for the next one or a nice cooler. :biggrin:

That's subjective.  When the wife starts seeing boxes piled up against the glass door, and singles shoved into every available space, then what we think is "pretty" and what she thinks is "pretty" seems to be two different definitions.

Better cover up that glass with paper now!   :biggrin:

Great humidor.

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Kman

Very nice!!! Enjoy it brother!
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

StogieDad

Nice looking setup for sure!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

MacMac

Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Mojo66

Nice piece. Now you get to fill it up you lucky Geek.

Problem with the fireplace is not so much the heat than the fact they tend to dry up the air. When I run mine the RH in the room goes down drastically.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Gustoff

Looks good!  I've had my eye on a similar model.
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

plnortham

Thanks everyone!  I can't wait to fill it.  For those asking, I got it at www.cheaphumidors.com Devin (C130driver) has the same one.  He recommended it.  
Phil Northam

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.