Black Tie Event at Titan Cigar in Gambrills, Maryland

Started by dropkicksaint, 11/23/2007 10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dropkicksaint

Titan Cigar will be hosting a Crown Royal "Cask No. 16" unveiling paired with the cigars of Rocky Patel. We will be getting in Rocky's new Decades and the ITC. November 30th from 6:30 pm to 12am. Crown Ambassadors and their Crown models will be pouring the whiskey. Everyone in a black tie or evening dress will recieve a free cigar. The theme is 007 James Bond, so be prepared to be "caught with more than your hands up."
VIRTVS IVNXIT MORS NON SEPARABIT

theoldcc

Interesting idea.  Too far for me to travel though.  I don't think i've ever heard of a black tie event for cigars.
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

NewGuy

I've heard of these but they don't stoke alot of interest in me. I suppose they are somewhat common and thats why Cigar Aficionado refered to Cigar Fest as a "redneck herf" for not being (semi)formal.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

monteclaro

A semi-formal event would be fine with me.  Black tie would be tough since I dont own the outfit.
Hmmm...what to smoke, what to smoke...
http://www.cigargeeks.com/humidor/default....mber=monteclaro

NewGuy

Likewise, no penguin suit. And the semiformal attire would detract from the informal relaxation I have associated with cigars.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

dropkicksaint

The point of the black tie was not to snub anyone, or to degrade other herfs. The owner and I are big James Bond fans. We've been looking to have a 007 themed night. A black tie is not a requirement, but we are throwing in a free stick, if you wear one.
VIRTVS IVNXIT MORS NON SEPARABIT

NewGuy

Hey Ezra

I didnt intend to show disrespect for your event. There is certianly no offense taken by your classy effort.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

SenorPablo

I think it sounds like a cool idea.  I have my work XMas party at the same time though.  Maybe i'll try to catch the next one.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.