Wrapper explosion

Started by NewGuy, 11/25/2007 09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewGuy

I got an American Stogies petite corona (they say) out of an open tin on the local shops counter. I put it in the humi at 65% for a couple of days and when I reopened the humi I noticed a couple of cracks in the wrapper. Took it out a walked thru the house looked down and the wrapper had exploded! Unraveling all the way around. I peeled off the wrapper and marched on to a very enjoyable smoke. This one may have needed  a couple of rehumidification stages. Anyway, I liked the wrapperless stick and I enjoyed the apparently overly dry tobacco flavor.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

SenorPablo

Thats rough.  You probably could have taken it back to the shop if it had cost anything significant.  That's an interesting way to solve the problem though.  I had done that a few times for bad wrappers that just peeled forever.  Usually it would just sweel too bad to smoke.  Glad it worked out for you.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

NewGuy

That stick was $1.60 so no sweat. I did buy some cigar glue if the problem occurs with a more important occupant of my humidor.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.