Cigars in Tampa

Started by kylepwhalen, 12/21/2009 08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kylepwhalen

I'll be in Tampa for New Years and I hear there are a bunch of local rollers and good b&m's down there-anybody know of any??

nwb

You have to check out Ybor City - I was down there a few years ago for an interview, and I went to a couple of places.  The cigar heritage of that area is amazing.

nwb
Chief of Shaft

DonM

Ybor City does have quite a cigar heritage.  There are a few shops with rollers on hand there, which is interesting and neat to check out. Quite a few shops within walking distance of each other.  I have posted a few shops worthy pf visiting, the best IMO is Cigar Cave in Palm Harbor, a drive from Ybor.  Second would be Tampa Humidor.  Both are listed here under Cigar Places.  I have sent you my cell # if you need more info

"The Curmudgeon"

Cigary

Checkout TampaHumidor as they have a great place there to look at cigars, humidors and a great lounge area.  If they had a bed there I'd stay over night.

DonM

QuoteCigary - 12/21/2009  10:27 PM

Checkout TampaHumidor as they have a great place there to look at cigars, humidors and a great lounge area.  If they had a bed there I'd stay over night.

If you like Tampa Humidor, you will really appreciate Cigar Cave, IMO nicer than TPA Humidor

"The Curmudgeon"

kylepwhalen

Thanks for the email Don, I might have to give you a call when I'm down there because I do want to explore Ybor City.

DonM

no problrm.  I live across the bay from tampa so I am familiar with Ybor

"The Curmudgeon"

DennisA

Funny thing about Ybor City, when I was growing up in Lakeland, Ybor was known as one of the rougher areas in Tampa, strip joints, dive bars, some cool little Cuban cafes, etc.
I haven't been ther since those days, but everything I've heard or seen about it looks like the strip joints, dive bars, and family run cafes have been replaced with trendy clubs and fancy restaraunts with lots of neon and bling, and higher prices.
Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.