Wineador (Almost)

Started by Gustoff, 11/16/2015 04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gustoff

Ran across a wine fridge that didnt cool any longer on craigslist for $10 bucks! Completed an indepth cleaning, and i disconnected the compressor from the control unit (less noise and not needed b/c doesnt cool). I added some spanish cedar from a coolidor I was using (as well as an Oasis Plus I had), and a week later this is what I've got! A glass front coolidor with built in fans on a timer! Ignore the RH as I had the door open for a while. 
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

Mojo66

It's a good looking setup and a steal at $10
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

terrys1991

"I feel a whole lot more like I do right now, than I did a while ago"

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Camshaft83

:bigthumbs: Great setup for 10 bucks.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Vroomp

That'd be sweet at $100~!!! :bigthumbs:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

appollo

Nice set up .Money well spent  :-)

ninfiction

What do you use for a timer? How often do you run the fans? Been looking for a timer for the fans in my tower, my only options are always on or they run when the humidifier turns on. I'd like to run them hourly or every couple hours.

Great deal on a good looking unit.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Vroomp

Quoteninfiction - 11/16/2015  10:15 PM  What do you use for a timer? How often do you run the fans? Been looking for a timer for the fans in my tower, my only options are always on or they run when the humidifier turns on. I'd like to run them hourly or every couple hours.  Great deal on a good looking unit.

I installed a small computer fan in my first tower and it runs non-stop. Doesn't seem to be a problem and is still going strong for the $8 I paid for it. I have it set to create a slight current from top back to bottom............  

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

bpmac02

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
-Frank Sinatra

ninfiction

QuoteVroomp - 11/16/2015  9:43 PM

Quoteninfiction - 11/16/2015  10:15 PM  What do you use for a timer? How often do you run the fans? Been looking for a timer for the fans in my tower, my only options are always on or they run when the humidifier turns on. I'd like to run them hourly or every couple hours.  Great deal on a good looking unit.

I installed a small computer fan in my first tower and it runs non-stop. Doesn't seem to be a problem and is still going strong for the $8 I paid for it. I have it set to create a slight current from top back to bottom............  

I have 2 computer fans, both pointed to move air from bottom to top as I have issues with the humidity staying at the bottom. My concern with running them all the time is drying out the cigars that are close to them but maybe that's not really an issue. I recently got some thin weather stripping to hopefully seal the door better. It's a work in progress for sure.

Edit: Sorry for the thread hijack

cavenbk

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

toby2

Gustoff

Quoteninfiction - 11/16/2015  11:15 PM  What do you use for a timer? How often do you run the fans? Been looking for a timer for the fans in my tower, my only options are always on or they run when the humidifier turns on. I'd like to run them hourly or every couple hours.  Great deal on a good looking unit.

This is my first go around with a wineador, so it's speculation. But, the timer is connected to the fridge fans (3 of them). The fans turn on once every 2.5 hours for 10 minutes. I was also concerned that running them full time would have dried out the cigars. My hope is that the fans will move the humidification to the top of the unit. 

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

Cfickter

:bigthumbs: Great find, well done on the install!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

MacMac

That. Is a great find and set up.  Defiantly makes me think about keeping an eye out a use wine cooler!
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

johncw

Gustoff

Thanks everyone! I'm pretty pumped about it. I really wanted a TE cooled wine-cooler, but I kept blowing my budget on more sticks. This came along out of no where, and ended up fitting the bill!
 ~Ernest Hemingway

C130Driver

Quoteninfiction - 11/16/2015  10:58 PM

QuoteVroomp - 11/16/2015  9:43 PM

I have 2 computer fans, both pointed to move air from bottom to top as I have issues with the humidity staying at the bottom. My concern with running them all the time is drying out the cigars that are close to them but maybe that's not really an issue. I recently got some thin weather stripping to hopefully seal the door better. It's a work in progress for sure.

Edit: Sorry for the thread hijack

I'm not certain exactly how you have the fans set up, but if they have a normal plug that powers them, I might have a solution for you. I used to have an aquarium and I had a timer that you plugged into the wall and then plugged the light into it. On the timer it had a small 24 hour clock. You could choose in 15 minute increments what times of the day you want the timer to supply power to whatever is plugged into it. You could have your fan kick on and off on whatever schedule you wanted and it would do it automatically everyday. There are also digital ones, and ones on power strips. Below is a link to the one I had. You can find more results by searching "aquarium light timer."

http://www.petsmart.com/fish/timers-accessories/zoo-med-trade-aquasun-aquarium-timer-zid36-5175600/cat-36-catid-300075;pgid=PCd4KHWzPYRSRpAGHIJ7nWiV0000w3hNoc-W;sid=QjLJN9B6-ljGN4YxrRaMM-JwK5tQTx-k0P43AVgr

I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

ninfiction

QuoteGustoff - 11/17/2015  5:48 AM

Quoteninfiction - 11/16/2015  11:15 PM  What do you use for a timer? How often do you run the fans? Been looking for a timer for the fans in my tower, my only options are always on or they run when the humidifier turns on. I'd like to run them hourly or every couple hours.  Great deal on a good looking unit.

This is my first go around with a wineador, so it's speculation. But, the timer is connected to the fridge fans (3 of them). The fans turn on once every 2.5 hours for 10 minutes. I was also concerned that running them full time would have dried out the cigars. My hope is that the fans will move the humidification to the top of the unit. 

What kind of timer is it?

The one linked above would only work to turn on the fans twice a day, something that would turn them on every hour to every couple hours like you mentioned yours run would be ideal.

Camshaft83

Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

ninfiction

QuoteCamshaft83 - 11/17/2015  10:15 PM

Brian, this one is a digital 24 hour 7 day programmable option with up to 20 settings/day

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Display-Programmable-Electronic-Switch/dp/B00J7ATQAO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1447819496&sr=8-3&keywords=digital+aquarium+timer

Perfect! Thank you, been looking for a while.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.