Other pairings besides alcohol

Started by okieeagle, 12/26/2015 11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

okieeagle

I do realize this forum is titled Alcohol and Cigars, but I would like to also ask about other pairings.  I mean, I'm not a teetotaller, but there are times that I feel a non alcoholic drink would be more appropriate.  

I have seen some reviews that state the drink they paired with was coffee, and that does sound like a very logical beverage to pair a cigar with.  Has anyone found different roasts to pair better with certain sticks?

Happy Smoking,

okieeagle

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em." - Ron White

nirab

I love good coffee with a cigar. I also enjoy Topo Chico mineral water, it's kinda like Perrier but better! Maine Root Ginger brew (or ginger brew in general) is another great beverage to pair with medium/full cigars. Ice tea, Arnold Palmer, Dr. Pepper, hot chocolate, ginger ale, and even orange juice. Best way to find out what you like...smoke em and try some of these!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

okieeagle

Quotenirab - 12/26/2015  1:29 PM  I love good coffee with a cigar. I also enjoy Topo Chico mineral water, it's kinda like Perrier but better! Maine Root Ginger brew (or ginger brew in general) is another great beverage to pair with medium/full cigars. Ice tea, Arnold Palmer, Dr. Pepper, hot chocolate, ginger ale, and even orange juice. Best way to find out what you like...smoke em and try some of these!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

Some off those I would have never thought of nirab, thanks for the response!

Happy Boxing Day!

okieeagle
"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em." - Ron White

terrys1991

Coffee is my #1, I also have ejoyed all the suggestions from Brian, cream soda is good, don't remember who it was but apple juice was another that has been brought up that I liked.
"I feel a whole lot more like I do right now, than I did a while ago"

Kman

A really good Birch Beer is awesome with a cigar as well. A good Root Beer is good too, but it has to be a medium-full to full smoke, otherwise the sweetness from the root beer can affect the taste of the cigar in a negative way.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

05Venturer

Good ol ice water works well for me
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

okieeagle

Quote05Venturer - 12/26/2015  2:15 PM  Good ol ice water works well for me

Yeah, I usually have ice water with a slice of lemon when I'm not drinking alcohol.  I've also tried nibbling on some sliced ginger while smoking too.  If you do this about every 1/4 to 1/3 of the cigar, it cleans your pallet really well, and you can detect some of the flavor profile changes better.  Plus, after being a sushi lover for most of my life, I've kind of gotten addicted to it.

Happy Boxing Day,

okieeagle

okieeagle

Good stuff folks, thanks a bunch for the input!

ntanner

Non alcoholic beverages? :-0 What is this forum turning into?       :biggrin:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

C130Driver

I really enjoy a rich blend of coffee with all my smokes but especially a fuller tobacco blend. Personally my favorite coffee to pair is Peet's French Roast.
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

toby2

coffee, rum, beer, water. that's all i really ever drink. (and that's beer flavored beer and coffee flavored black coffee.)

millarddj

Tea! The blacker the better!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

McBryde

I drink sweet tea with most of my cigars, as well as Dr. Pepper, Ginger Ale, or water.  But Sweet Tea takes no. 1 by far. But most of you yankee geeks don't even know what that is!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Cfickter

Coffee but prefer it to be dark roast, Colombian, Ethiopian, Uganda are all great dark, rich coffees
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

C130Driver

Quotetoby2 - 12/26/2015  5:57 PM

...beer flavored beer and coffee flavored black coffee.)

:word: This. Not much makes me cringe more than watching someone dump all kinds of crap in their previously delicious looking black coffee. :angry:  When I (rarely) go to a coffee shop I always get funny looks from the barista when I order a black cup.
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

sjn1117

You can smoke cigars without booze? Huh, I wasn't aware of that!
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Longhorn

Quote05Venturer - 12/26/2015  3:15 PM

Good ol ice water works well for me

Agree. I like to put a little ice water in my high octane whiskies..., Oh, wait - wrong thread!  :biggrin:

Gustoff

Another vote at coffee (strong, rocket-fuel like consistency)
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

Joelala

Quotenirab - 12/26/2015  2:29 PM

I love good coffee with a cigar. I also enjoy Topo Chico mineral water, it's kinda like Perrier but better! Maine Root Ginger brew (or ginger brew in general) is another great beverage to pair with medium/full cigars. Ice tea, Arnold Palmer, Dr. Pepper, hot chocolate, ginger ale, and even orange juice. Best way to find out what you like...smoke em and try some of these!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

Arnold palmer will be next on my list along with hot chocolate and a maduro.

Thanks for this
Joe

johncw

I'm not a coffee drinker but I do like a good Iced Tea or Rootbeer

Scap

Apologies for reviving an older thread, but I absolutely love a strong cup of black coffee with my Padron Maduro.

That's how I started my day today, and it was a good day.

McBryde

"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

GrouchoM

A good vodka with either tea or cranberry juice.
The secret word is cigars!

Avrus

Have done quite a few Sharing Our Pairings now on soda pop, tea and coffee pairing. Just did a show last Wed on soda pop!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.