New table humi pictures

Started by millarddj, 12/26/2015 07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

millarddj

Finally getting some pictures posted of the seasoned, sealed, and (partially) filled humidor.

Overall shot, top drawer pulled out, top rack, and bottom rack. No serious organization system yet. The Caldwell box is legit, the Camacho box is holding various unwrapped cigars, and the H Uppmann has a decent seal and is for my coffee infusions.

I might re-evaluate my tray usage soon and see if I can order some specifically to fit. I am extremely pleased with this thing so far, and am particularly enamored with the glass top and big display tray.

Interested to hear of any storage recommendations or comments - I'm keeping my other infusions (ACIDs and the like) out of here and in a smaller humi for now.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

Kman

Looking good Daniel!! One thing to to note. I couldn't see your humidification system but if it's in the bottom as I'm assuming, then you may want to open up a little space in the top so that not all of the vent slats are covered. That will help the humidity from the bottom up to the top. Otherwise, if they're all covered, then you may find that it's working a lot harder to keep the top humidified the same as the bottom.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

ntanner

Looking good. :bigthumbs:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

McBryde

"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

millarddj

QuoteKman - 12/26/2015  10:10 PM

Looking good Daniel!! One thing to to note. I couldn't see your humidification system but if it's in the bottom as I'm assuming, then you may want to open up a little space in the top so that not all of the vent slats are covered. That will help the humidity from the bottom up to the top. Otherwise, if they're all covered, then you may find that it's working a lot harder to keep the top humidified the same as the bottom.

Thanks Kerry, I actually have two containers of litter in here - one behind the Caldwell box on the bottom, and one on the second tier near the front (removed it for picture). I've moved my Xikar hygrometer around continuously throughout the humidor, and gotten a steady 66-68% in all locations. Will probably tone this back a couple percent in coming weeks. I was concerned about blocking up the slots in the tray at first, but it doesn't seem to have affected the humidity up top - as the hygrometer seems to indicate.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

ninfiction

This is not the admin you're looking for...

Longhorn

Camshaft83

Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

plnortham

That looks awesome!  I like it!  Ive been trying to come up with an organizational setup for my humi as well.  Not had any good thoughts just yet though.  Good luck!

PS --> I recognize some of those cigars in there! ;-)
Phil Northam

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." ~Mark Twain

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." ~W.C. Fields

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

millarddj

Quoteplnortham - 12/27/2015  7:49 AM

That looks awesome!  I like it!  Ive been trying to come up with an organizational setup for my humi as well.  Not had any good thoughts just yet though.  Good luck!

I have very little organization at present, other than a few of my favorite-looking sticks on top in the tray. There's no rhyme or reason as to what's ready to smoke or how long its aged. Just some sorting by similar vitola to maximize use of space.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

danb6177

I like it! Thinking of upgrading myself perhaps.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

toby2

Mojo66

Great looking setup. Now you'll soon need a bigger one :biggrin:
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

appollo

terrys1991

"I feel a whole lot more like I do right now, than I did a while ago"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.