(CLOSED) TRADE: My Whiskey for Your Cigars

Started by neoBelicoso, 12/28/2015 02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neoBelicoso

Hey all! 

I'm pretty new to the forum and really, new to cigars in general. I have recently become a bit obsessed with cigars and finally got a decent humidor from the missus for x-mas. I have had this big bottle of Bookers Whiskey sitting in my cabinet for several years now and figured why not try to barter it since I don't actually drink whisky (more of a beer man). I'm not sure if this is decent stuff but it came in a fancy wooden box (still have it) and the batch number is CO4-J-19. I got the bottle as a x-mas gift in 2013. Sometime a year ago it was opened and two shots were poured from it, since then it has sat on the same shelf.

I'm looking to trade this bottle for a good mix of cigars, I have really only smoked about 20 cigars at this point and my favorites have been the darker more full flavored ones. But I'm really open to try anything. I really have a massive wishlist and there are far to many to list. I have a long way to go before I can really say what I like best. Since I'm new here and do not have any reputation to go on, I will gladly ship the bottle to you first so you can check it out and inspect it or whatever before you send anything my way. All I ask is that you DO have a good reputation here so I know sending first is no problem.

Thanks  :-)

photo 2015-11-20 2_zpsax88kjgz.jpg

photo 2015-11-20 1_zpsyfedflt9.jpg

- neoBelicoso (Tyler)
"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time."
-Mark Twain

Longhorn

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

neoBelicoso

hey Longhorn, you interested in the Whiskey? Give me your addy and I'll ship er' out tmrw :-)
- neoBelicoso (Tyler)
"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time."
-Mark Twain

Longhorn

Camshaft83

You got another one of those?  :biggrin:
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

millarddj

Yikes, he's not gonna know what hit him!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

nirab

This is gonna be fun to watch!! Hook em Brad!!  :biggrin:  :rocker:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Longhorn

Tyler, check your inbox... Thanks.   :biggrin:

millarddj

Yikes, he's not gonna know what hit him!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

McBryde

I think I'll just park right here and watch the show! Don't be sending yard gars to him Brad! LOL

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

danb6177

I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

chief791

Well if you ever get gifted a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle, pm me first. Lol
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

bigjohn20081983

Something tells me that this trade may border on the side of epic proportions when Brad gets done
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

appollo

It is going to be fun to see the other end of this trade. :biggrin:

cavenbk

QuoteMcBryde - 12/28/2015 5:48 PM I think I'll just park right here and watch the show! Don't be sending yard gars to him Brad! LOL E

x2 on this. You will not be disappointed with what Brad sends you.

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

plnortham

:cheer:

Im gonna join the others on the side line.  Im curious to see how this goes!

:dancing:
Phil Northam

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." ~Mark Twain

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." ~W.C. Fields

Brlesq

Quotechief791 - 12/28/2015  5:56 PM

You're not fooling anybody.  You'd send Gurkhas and say they were MSRP.

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

johncw

bstessl

I love the entertainment here on the Geeks!

Tyler throws the bait in the water at precisely 4 P.M.  Caught the big fish at 4:03 P.M.  didn't take long!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

CharlieDon'tSurf

Hmm.  Cool trade.  On my way to pick up a bottle of Forty Creek Confederation Oak today.

Cfickter

Wow, Brad jumping on this whiskey trade, who would have guessed?
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

millarddj

QuoteBrlesq - 12/28/2015  10:22 PM

Quotechief791 - 12/28/2015  5:56 PM

You're not fooling anybody.  You'd send Gurkhas and say they were MSRP.

:lmao:  :lmao:
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

neoBelicoso

- neoBelicoso (Tyler)
-Mark Twain

Longhorn

QuoteneoBelicoso - 1/4/2016  5:44 PM

BOMBS AWAY! :-)

Will get your cigars in the mail...  :thumbsup:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.