Heres A New One!!!

Started by plnortham, 12/28/2015 05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plnortham

So, heres the deal.  I couldn't come up with a good idea for a contest to help a lucky individual out just for the hell of it.  So heres the contest I did come up...

Whoever can come up with the best idea for a contest, wins this contest.  

Yes, its that easy.  On Saturday, January 2, 2016 around "Noonish", I will select which ever I think is the best contest idea, and that person will a receive a "blind" 5er from me.

Here goes nothin!
Phil Northam

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." ~Mark Twain

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." ~W.C. Fields

05Venturer

how about a "NAME MY SMOKING ROOM" contest?
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

jharrisx5

How about "guess my next cigar"

Or "guess what got me drunk"

Something like that.....
Puff Puff Give....

Longhorn

Quotejharrisx5 - 12/28/2015  11:23 PM

How about "guess my next cigar"

Or "guess what got me drunk"

Something like that.....

:lmao:  How about what makes Smurfs blue?

plnortham

:lmao: Oh man!  This was a good idea.  Its only 7A and Im already getting my morning laughs in. Awesome!  Keep em coming!
Phil Northam

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." ~Mark Twain

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." ~W.C. Fields

C130Driver

How about, where do babies come from contest. Wildest (though not necessarily dirtiest) explanation wins.
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

headfirst

What might be interesting is to have 10 geeks PM a sponsor the craziest thing they've ever done and then the sponsor posts a list of those things and a separate list of their names and the contest is to see who can come the closest to figuring out who did what.  The highest # correct is the amount of sticks you send the winner.

Tiebreaker can be that the sponsor posts a few crazy things they've supposedly done and you have to guess whether each is true or false.  They can all be true, all be false, whatever.  Bonus sticks for each one guessed right by the winner.

That would make for some fun conversations and maybe shed some new light on a few geeks! :biggrin:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Jay'D

hows about a contest where you will make a random post on the forum and the first person to comment on the post wins. It can be in any of the different sections and you will assign a number to each post. You can run it for about a week or as long as you wish, and at the end of the time you do that random number thingy and check to see who posted on that topic first.  :?:
Last name Hungry first name Always

My hobby collection | http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Jay%27D

Longhorn

QuoteJay'D - 12/29/2015  2:14 PM

hows about a contest where you will make a random post on the forum and the first person to comment on the post wins. It can be in any of the different sections and you will assign a number to each post. You can run it for about a week or as long as you wish, and at the end of the time you do that random number thingy and check to see who posted on that topic first.  :?:

This.  (Entry #1) :biggrin:

Brlesq

How about: Guess what JessGreenberg1 video that I'm watching right now on YouTube.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Longhorn

QuoteBrlesq - 12/29/2015  2:39 PM

How about: Guess what JessGreenberg1 video that I'm watching right now on YouTube.

All of them.  (Entry #2)

DRuff

Longhorn

QuoteDRuff - 12/29/2015  2:41 PM

I like pie

Uh, uh... what kind of pie?  (Entry #3)

DRuff

QuoteBrlesq - 12/29/2015  3:39 PM  How about: Guess what JessGreenberg1 video that I'm watching right now on YouTube.

It is a shame that no matter what angle you look at her videos you still see nothing "extra"

Brlesq

QuoteLonghorn - 12/29/2015  2:40 PM

All of them.  (Entry #2)

Ok, I'll amend my entry: On which Jess Greenberg video is she wearing a pearl necklace?
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Longhorn

QuoteBrlesq - 12/29/2015  2:44 PM

All of them.  (Entry #2)

Ok, I'll amend my entry: On which Jess Greenberg video is she wearing a pearl necklace?

She was wearing a necklace?  :?:

EDIT: Entry #4

Brlesq

QuoteLonghorn - 12/29/2015  2:45 PM

All of them.  (Entry #2)

We don't need entry #1 or entry #2
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Longhorn

QuoteBrlesq - 12/29/2015  2:47 PM

QuoteLonghorn - 12/29/2015  2:45 PM

All of them.  (Entry #2)

We don't need entry #1 or entry #2

But the 3rd entry is perfectly good, right?   :biggrin:

Longhorn

We're like post wh***s now!

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Longhorn

Quoteheadfirst - 12/29/2015  3:00 PM

:banghead:  :rolleyes:

Entry #5.   :biggrin:

Brlesq

What's the matter Gary? Can't get YouTube to load?

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

DRuff

Longhorn

QuoteBrlesq - 12/29/2015  3:10 PM

What's the matter Gary? Can't get YouTube to load?

ninfiction

QuoteBrlesq - 12/29/2015  1:39 PM

Well that'll occupy the rest of my afternoon, you win.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.