Box Split Cigar page Done

Started by appollo, 12/30/2015 06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

appollo

Looking for a couple of brother geeks south of the border to do a box split on 3 boxes of Buena Vista Limita short churchills on Cigar Page.39.99 for 3.I haven't tried them but for that price I have nothing to loose.Half wheel rated the churchill 89.

Gustoff

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

raize

An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=raize

Gustoff

I've got this fellas! I'll let you know when they arrive.
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

appollo

dwig

Has anyone else received these?
I ordered a box of 10 robusto's and got them yesterday. When I opened the box they had a very 'musty' odor.
I clipped one and the pre-light draw was unpleasant, to say the least.  The cigars were very 'over humidified'!

I put them into a dry box for a while and see how they come out.
 :confused:
I wonder if clouds ever look down on us and say:  Hey look.  That one is shaped like an idiot!"

Gustoff

I received them and they immediately went into the wineador I didn't spent much time in the inspection of the short chrchills, but I don't recall a musty smell. I'll take a look at them this evening and get back with you.
 ~Ernest Hemingway

raize

Haven't gotten mine yet. 2-Day Priority my ass.  Gotta love USPS...
An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

raize

Mine came this afternoon.  Thanks for setting up the split Justin.  Agree with David though. Definitely a musty aroma to these guys. Figure I'll let them age a few months and see how things look at that point...
- Frank Lloyd Wright

appollo

When I get mine I will let you know  :-)

Gustoff

So. I examined the Buena Vistas I received, and yes they are rather musty smelling. I have the box of cigars removed from the cardboard box-cover (where a potent must smell was present) which they were wrapped in, but the cigars all remain in the box. Upon examining the cigars, one of them has a single pinhole which appears to go into it. I am prepping to run these cigars through a freeze cycle which will hopefully help with the must, but moreover assist in the prevention of unwanted guests... I have never had experience in running a freeze cycle or even identifying signs of beetles... But I figure better safe than sorry... May just toss that stick...   :confused:
 ~Ernest Hemingway

appollo

I will give mine a good going over.Thanks for the heads up. :-)

dwig

QuoteGustoff - 1/9/2016  8:26 PM

So. I examined the Buena Vistas I received, and yes they are rather musty smelling. I have the box of cigars removed from the cardboard box-cover (where a potent must smell was present) which they were wrapped in, but the cigars all remain in the box. Upon examining the cigars, one of them has a single pinhole which appears to go into it. I am prepping to run these cigars through a freeze cycle which will hopefully help with the must, but moreover assist in the prevention of unwanted guests... I have never had experience in running a freeze cycle or even identifying signs of beetles... But I figure better safe than sorry... May just toss that stick...   :confused:

Good idea.  Mine are in the freezer now as well.
I wonder if clouds ever look down on us and say:  Hey look.  That one is shaped like an idiot!"

Gustoff

Thanks for a great split. Box Splitter feedback left for you both.
 ~Ernest Hemingway

raize

What is this freeze cycle you refer to?
- Frank Lloyd Wright

appollo

Mine arrived today all in great shape.will be putting them in the freezer shortly.Thanks for doing the split
 :-)

Gustoff

~Ernest Hemingway

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.