opus love affair box

Started by Monte, 01/04/2016 05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monte

Monte

306.00 delivered box of 18 Opus Love affairs
sealed

Vroomp

Seems Famous had those originally at only about $200.... :?: And they were at Atlantic for $284.00   :confused: I'll go $250/free shipping if you need the bread...... :shades:

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Brlesq

QuoteVroomp - 2/8/2016  5:30 PM

Seems Famous had those originally at only about $200.... :?: And they were at Atlantic for $284.00   :confused: I'll go $250/free shipping if you need the bread...... :shades:

Good luck on that one, Brad!  Monte (or Art, or Arty, or Avioli, or Xman or whatever he's going by this week) doesn't sell boxes to break even. He just trolls the various cigar forums trying to sell his overpriced cigars on unwitting newbs. I've told him before that things don't work that way at CG (because we are all "value conscience"), but he keeps giving it a try here every couple of months.  

Its a free market, I guess.  :confused:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Mojo66

QuoteBrlesq - 2/8/2016  6:28 PM  
QuoteVroomp - 2/8/2016  5:30 PM  Seems Famous had those originally at only about $200.... :?: And they were at Atlantic for $284.00   :confused: I'll go $250/free shipping if you need the bread...... :shades:

Good luck on that one, Brad!  Monte (or Art, or Arty, or Avioli, or Xman or whatever he's going by this week) doesn't sell boxes to break even. He just trolls the various cigar forums trying to sell his overpriced cigars on unwitting newbs. I've told him before that things don't work that way at CG (because we are all "value conscience"), but he keeps giving it a try here every couple of months.    Its a free market, I guess.  :confused:  

So very true. I don't think he has ever posted here unless he was trying to sell this or that cigar, and it seems that it's always to make a profit. Unless he'll have us believe he's doing it for the community, to give us an opportunity to get those elusive and oh so expensive cigars he peddles.

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

nirab

QuoteMojo66 - 2/8/2016  6:48 PM

QuoteBrlesq - 2/8/2016  6:28 PM  
QuoteVroomp - 2/8/2016  5:30 PM  Seems Famous had those originally at only about $200.... :?: And they were at Atlantic for $284.00   :confused: I'll go $250/free shipping if you need the bread...... :shades:

Good luck on that one, Brad!  Monte (or Art, or Arty, or Avioli, or Xman or whatever he's going by this week) doesn't sell boxes to break even. He just trolls the various cigar forums trying to sell his overpriced cigars on unwitting newbs. I've told him before that things don't work that way at CG (because we are all "value conscience"), but he keeps giving it a try here every couple of months.    Its a free market, I guess.  :confused:  

So very true. I don't think he has ever posted here unless he was trying to sell this or that cigar, and it seems that it's always to make a profit. Unless he'll have us believe he's doing it for the community, to give us an opportunity to get those elusive and oh so expensive cigars he peddles.

He seems to be somewhat of a fan regarding cigars...but he ain't no Cigar Geek!  :biggrin:  :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Brlesq

Funny, he offered his "reduced" price of $306 on another forum over 3 weeks ago (and no one jumped on them there, either).  He must not like us as much.     :biggrin:

"Love Affairs
« on: January 15, 2016, 09:30:02 AM »
full box, 306 ppff"

:moon:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

nirab

QuoteBrlesq - 2/8/2016  7:45 PM

Funny, he offered his "reduced" price of $306 on another forum over 3 weeks ago (and no one jumped on them there, either).  He must not like us as much.     :biggrin:

"Love Affairs
« on: January 15, 2016, 09:30:02 AM »
full box, 306 ppff"

:moon:

Is there such a thing as a cigar troll???  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Brlesq

Quotenirab - 2/8/2016  8:46 PM

Glad you asked!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Kid Montana

Bruce, you have a picture for every occasion squirreled away.

I'd rather have a cigar...

Mojo66

QuoteBrlesq - 2/8/2016  8:51 PM  
Quotenirab - 2/8/2016  8:46 PM  Is there such a thing as a cigar troll???  :biggrin:
Glad you asked!

That's an ugly duckling.  :-0

I think the maker misunderstood when told to put a "nose" in the middle of that face, might have heard some other word... :biggrin:  

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Ken Kelley

QuoteMojo66 - 2/8/2016  12:15 PM

Quotenirab - 2/8/2016  8:46 PM  Is there such a thing as a cigar troll???  :biggrin:
Glad you asked!

That's an ugly duckling.  :-0

I think the maker misunderstood when told to put a "nose" in the middle of that face, might have heard some other word... :biggrin:  

Forward the shot to Monica Lewinsky. She might recognize who modeled for it!
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Brlesq

:lmao:  :lmao:

So I got this PM from Monte last night:

"hey brad, thanx for the free publicity
someone bought a mess of those luvafairs
make sure u tel everybody everywhere
what I said"

This is the second PM in which he's called me "brad".  Got news for you Monte, most of us don't need lots of aliases to hide our tracks like you. But since you're a special case,
you can call me Ray,
or you can call me J,
or you can call me Johnny,
or you can call me Sonny,
or you can call me Junie,
or you can call me Junior;
now you can call me Ray J,
or you can call me RJ,
or you can call me RJJ,
or you can call me RJJ Jr.
but you doesn't hasta call me brad!"
 :shootme:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

johncw

Glad you asked!

that thing is scary!

tvolball

QuoteBrlesq - 2/8/2016  9:51 PM

Glad you asked!

Brad, that thing is freaking weird. It gives me the hebby jebbies
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

ntanner

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
At Ken and Bruce or should I say RJJ Jr.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

millarddj

QuoteBrlesq - 2/9/2016  5:48 AM

So I got this PM from Monte last night:

"hey brad, thanx for the free publicity
someone bought a mess of those luvafairs
make sure u tel everybody everywhere
what I said"

Given the subtlety of some parts of this hobby, it's hard for me to believe that an English speaker can be this inarticulate when trying to sell something.  :hitme:
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

toby2

must be tough to be that hard up for cash....

nkowal

I'm going to have nightmares from that damn picture.

raize

Quotetoby2 - 2/9/2016  4:19 PM

must be tough to be that hard up for cash....

Yeah, resorting to charging newbs prices that exceed retail because you're so hard up for cash is rough. Especially considering it's being done in such a generous community. The OP is obviously in a dire financial situation. Monte, have you thought about applying for public aid?
An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=raize

Vroomp

Quoteraize - 2/11/2016  7:21 PM  
Quotetoby2 - 2/9/2016  4:19 PM  must be tough to be that hard up for cash....
Yeah, resorting to charging newbs prices that exceed retail because you're so hard up for cash is rough. Especially considering it's being done in such a generous community. The OP is obviously in a dire financial situation. Monte, have you thought about applying for public aid?

I hate to say it, but we seem to be becoming a bit harsher these days than this site used to be. We weren't ever this condemning of anyone, no matter their misguided sense of value or flavor of any cigar~! We didn't belittle a person that loves Pineapple Whiteowls (like some folks we all know :shades: ) Or demand their allegiance other than be friendly, cooperative, interactive, and adhere to a very few set rules of conduct. Charging what one thinks is a fair price for some cigars that are very rare (or maybe just fairly rare) is one persons opinion and he/she should not be condemned for such. Monte does, after all, have 10 feedback points~~! :confused:  

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

raize

Honestly, if it weren't for the message from Monte that Bruce posted, I would have kept to myself.  That being said, I guess what truly bothers me is trying to charge more than retail.  It'd be a different story if he got a great deal on them and was passing along the savings while subsequently turning a profit.  This, however, does not appear to be the case...
An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=raize

Vroomp

I recently attempted to sell off some cigars here at way over retail prices because they are no longer made and very rarely available ( Camacho 2005 Liberty)..... no one complained and some even bought~! Although, I only asked what I actually paid for them, there isn't that much difference.... is there? :?:

The Opus X in question is a great little cigar and getting harder to find daily for this release................. :shades:

Buying certain cigars as investments is commonly done by some people...................  :cigarman:

To each his own....................

Brlesq

QuoteVroomp - 2/11/2016  9:25 PM

I recently attempted to sell off some cigars here at way over retail prices because they are no longer made and very rarely available ( Camacho 2005 Liberty)..... no one complained and some even bought~! Although, I only asked what I actually paid for them, there isn't that much difference.... is there?

Bruce*, the difference is that you are a contributing member of this community in many other ways.  You send bombs, you sponsor contests, you host cigar reviews, you post cigar reviews, you participate in the forums, etc.  Monte only shows up when he has something that fell off the back of a truck to sell . . .  

*If I'm Brad, then you must be Bruce  :biggrin:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.