"The Christians met on the way many people who were going to their towns, women and men, with a firebrand in the hand, and certain weeds whose smoke they inhale which are dry weeds stuffed into a certain dry leaf in the form of a muset made of paper, like the ones the children make on the day of the Holy Ghost; and burning a part of it, from the other part they suck or absorb or admit the smoke with breathing." -Christopher Columbus, from his Navigation diary

Main Menu

February Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by junglepete, 01/06/2016 11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by StogieDad (Michael).

The Cigar: This is a blind review

The Hype: None yet.

The Reviewers: One member needed who has less than a year under their belt, is active, and has not done a Geek Critique this year or are slated for one.

1. millarddj (Daniel)
2. headfirst (Gary)
3. ninfiction (Brian)
4. nirab (Brian)
5. C130Driver (Devin)

Due Date: February 10, 2016.

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

Thanks again to Michael for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :cigarguy:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

StogieDad

Step up boys and girls.  I have one I think you will enjoy, but you don't get to know what it was until you smoke it!  Would I steer you wrong???? :biggrin:
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

millarddj

Michael's got good taste and has surprised me with great sticks. I meet the second criteria, and so will volunteer.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

McBryde

"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

ninfiction

This is not the admin you're looking for...

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

McBryde

Nevermind on this one, I have to bow out, as I do not meet the requirements for the rest of the slots, as I have not sponsored a review in the past.

Sorry,

Emerson
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

headfirst

I'll do a blindfold taste test if there's room...
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

millarddj

Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

nirab

Quotemillarddj - 1/6/2016  6:05 PM

Wow, looks like I'm in great company here.  :cool:[/QUOTE

Hey, me too!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

StogieDad

:bump: I need one more reviewer so I can get these out please....
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

millarddj

Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

headfirst

Yeah, come on guys, don't be intimidated to give this a try, it's a blind stick review so we all may look like we don't know what we're doing on this one!   :biggrin:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

millarddj

Sending those above a PM, since they're all very active and engaged.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

Gustoff

I'd love to give it a try, but I'll be working over seas for 30 days starting Feb 14... just limited on time.  Appreciate the nomination!
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

C130Driver

I'd be willing to give it a shot if you're still looking. If you pick me don't ship it until you PM me though. I'm going to be at my Reserve Base for a while starting Monday so I'll need to get you my address there.
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

Vroomp

If you need someone that will be around for sure I will volunteer.... Blind reviews do not scare me.... too much. :biggrin:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

raize

I haven't done a ton of reviews for the site so have shied away from volunteering for one of these.  If you *need* a reviewer, let me know and I'll throw my hat in the ring.
An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=raize

C130Driver

Just to clarify, my address in my profile is my home address. I would just give you my address at the base. I'd still get it and be able to do it, just don't send it to my house.
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

millarddj

Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

StogieDad

Haven't seen Pete on, so since it looks like C130Driver meets the criteria, works for me.  I will send these out in the next day or two, and you have until the 10th of Feb.  to post.  Thanks guys!
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.