2016 Average Joe Superbowl Squares *check to see who you are shipping winnings too)

Started by johncw, 01/07/2016 06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johncw

It sounded like there was some interest in a OAG "Ordinary Average Guy" Superbowl Squares Contest.

There will be one winner per quarter of the game. The winner will be determined by the last digits of the score at the end of each quarter. For example, if NFC has 21 and AFC has 28 then the square that intersects with the 1 on the NFC side and the 8 on the AFC side is the winner.

The buy in will be five cigars = (five squares). No more than five squares per participant, so that there is room for all who want in. If, at 6:00 PM on January 31st, there are still empty squares then they're up for grabs to whoever would like them.

If there are still empty squares at noon ET on game day, then they will be assigned as follows... Everyone who's already in play will have their name thrown in a hat, once for each fiver they put up. In other words, if you put up 1 fiver, then your name will go in 1 times. If you bought 2 fivers , then your name goes in 2 times. Names will be drawn and assigned to the empty squares from left to right, top to bottom. These extra squares will not increase the pot size, nor obligate anyone to more cigars than they already put up.

Please select 5 numbers for your 5 cigars they can be viewed here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k6kRkc-V8iBPVkKlBFDsOy2TcS-53FT-Iq5kjJymatg/edit?usp=sharing

Prior to game time, post the list of cigars that you will be betting. Cigars are to be within the $5-$10 range, using CI or Cigar.com, Famous box pricing. Please post list of cigars your betting with your numbers if at all possible. PLEASE  DO NOT SEND CIGARS TO ME. You will ship them out to the winners explained below

Once all the squares are filled I will use a random number generator, the columns and rows will be numbered.

After the game is over, the winners will choose their 5 pack cigars in the round robin style format. They will be choosing in the same groups of five that were bet by the others. The order of the choosing will be final score, 3rd quarter, 2nd quarter, 1st quarter. The winners will not have to put their bets in the pot for others to choose. Simply put, the pot will consist of just the cigars put up by the losers. The exception to this is if you buy ten squares but only win one quarter. Then you will have to put five cigars in the pot. You're free to choose your own cigars, but they will count as one of your picks.

Once all of the choosing is done, the losers will ship the cigars (5 packs) to the winner that chose them. Clarification if you lose you will only be sending the 5 cigars you bet to the winner who choose your 5 pack.  

In order to participate you must have a feedback rating of 2, and at least 100 points. If you believe you warrant an exception then please PM me.

Good Luck Everyone

nirab

Got my 5 squares picked out, thanks John!!  :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

nirab

Quotebstessl - 1/7/2016  8:14 AM

I'll take 11 and 54

Brian, click the link, and pick 5 squares...don't short change yourself!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

bstessl

Quotenirab - 1/7/2016  8:19 AM

Quotebstessl - 1/7/2016  8:14 AM

I'll take 11 and 54

Brian, click the link, and pick 5 squares...don't short change yourself!  :biggrin:

Yup, I read that wrong... I'm a genius

Thanks for running this John!!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

ninfiction

I can make changes to the spreadsheet because of my work pc.

Could you put me down for 3, 28, 55, 82, 100

Thanks!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

bstessl

Quoteninfiction - 1/7/2016  8:54 AM

I can make changes to the spreadsheet because of my work pc.

Could you put me down for 3, 28, 55, 82, 100

Thanks!

Gotcha

terrys1991

"I feel a whole lot more like I do right now, than I did a while ago"

johncw

There is also a 2nd tab that you can add your cigars too or just just mention what you are putting up here and I'll add them in. After  few geeks pick some squares I'll buy 5.

bmac7754

John I'll get in on this tonight when I get home. That is if me and mike casey are allowed back after last year :)
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

DRuff

clami

I'm in too, thanks for running this.  Should we list our cigars on the second tab now?

McBryde

Numbers and cigars are put in!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Chrism305

I'll take 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60. Will post tonight after I double check inventory. Will post pic also.

johncw

Quoteclami - 1/7/2016  12:11 PM

I'm in too, thanks for running this.  Should we list our cigars on the second tab now?

Yes if you don't mind... just pick a slot of 5 spaces and put your name and cigars.  This will be used for the winners to pick from.

Brian and Mike you are both welcome back  :biggrin: but if you win this year  :dukem:  :puncher:  :angry:  :biggrin:

johncw

I added Doug and Chris to the squares.  I took 1, 10, 36, 45, 91

well on our way to filling... thanks everyone so far!!!!

bstessl

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

bmac7754

Thanks John, I got 6, 13, 42, 59, 74.  Will post cigars up later after I look thru my stash.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

05Venturer

Quotebmac7754 - 1/7/2016  5:21 PM

Thanks John, I got 6, 13, 42, 59, 74.  Will post cigars up later after I look thru my stash.
I also need to check my stash.
Will post in cigars this weekend
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

johncw

Caveman Steve

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

johncw

thanks Steve... Plenty of more spots available...Where are some of the new guys? I'm sure they have the feedback and points.

Cfickter

John thanks, I picked 5 and entered 4 of the 5 cigars,  Will check the inventory and enter the last one
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Chrism305

Mine are in and here is a pic.

johncw

QuoteCfickter - 1/8/2016  2:39 PM

John thanks, I picked 5 and entered 4 of the 5 cigars,  Will check the inventory and enter the last one

Thanks for signing up Chuck.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.