National Championship Game Contest

Started by StogieDad, 01/07/2016 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

National Championship Game Contest

Alabama
13 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 20

StogieDad

Thought it would be fun to run a contest for the National Championship game.  Pick the winner in the poll, then post your final score prediction in the thread.  Closest to the score and picked the winner gets a fiver from yours truly......unless Clemson wins, then I reserve the right to pout for a week and not pay out :biggrin:  Guesses have to be posted by game time.  

Just kidding about the not paying out thing.....I think.  ROLL TIDE!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

headfirst

35-28

Go whoever's-not-in-the-SEC!   :biggrin:

Thanks Michael.

In case that wasn't clear...Clemson for the win.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

lubrix

Alabama 31-21. Thanks for the contest.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

StogieDad

Make sure to post who wins with your score, I can't see who voted for what in the poll.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

C130Driver

Bama 35 - 24. Thanks for the contest.
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

nirab

Sorry to go against ya brother, but I am picking Clemson. It's not that I don't like Alabama, I just think Clemson has been on course for this all year. Thought so 6 games in that they could win it all, can't change my mind now! Thanks for the contest Michael!  :bigthumbs:

In a great game, and a very close game...

Clemson 27
Alabama 24
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

millarddj

I don't know how football works. I'm picking Clemson because it was the last name of my favorite chemistry teacher in high school.

Let's guess 31 (Clemson) to 19 (Alabama) for final score.

(Also I've never heard of Clemson University before this morning)  :whistle:
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

appollo

Alabama  24-17.Thanks for the contest   :-)

johncw

I will go with Alabama 27- 24... should be a great game and thanks for the contest.

McBryde

Quotenirab - 1/7/2016  11:15 AM

Sorry to go against ya brother, but I am picking Clemson. It's not that I don't like Alabama, I just think Clemson has been on course for this all year. Thought so 6 games in that they could win it all, can't change my mind now! Thanks for the contest Michael!  :bigthumbs:

In a great game, and a very close game...

Clemson 27
Alabama 24

I feel a 5-er bet coming on between geeks, LOL.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

McBryde

36 - 35 Bama, Thanks for the contest!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Mojo66

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Cfickter

Well people seem to think this is close game, but I see a bigger point spread - Bama 35 - 10

Roll Tide - and that hurts a Bayou Tiger to say!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

headfirst

Aaaaand there's the SEC bias we know so well...   :biggrin:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Mojo66

How impolite of me, I posted my guess for the game but completely forgot to thank the organizer of this sweet contest.

Thanks Michael, great contest.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Brlesq

Clemson. 31-28.

Sorry to bet against you, Michael.  Thanks for the contest!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

StogieDad

QuoteBrlesq - 1/7/2016  1:58 PM

Clemson. 31-28.

Sorry to bet against you, Michael.  Thanks for the contest!

Thats it, we're off speaking terms!  :biggrin:
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

danb6177

I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

benchjockey

Alabama 35-17.  Thanks for the contest.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

StogieDad

-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

MiaFLSurf

110 hours a week.  52 weeks a year.

StogieDad

-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

bigjohn20081983

I will say Bama to win at 21-14  

I gotta pull for Bama in this one after all Smart is our new Head Coach fully once he finishes up tonight and a win could helps us recruit s few more players.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

Cfickter

Quoteheadfirst - 1/7/2016  12:46 PM  Aaaaand there's the SEC bias we know so well...   :biggrin:

Damn right, and proud of it! 

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.