What is the best Hydrometer?

Started by tjm0831, 01/07/2016 08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjm0831

Mojo66

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

nirab

I'm taking a guess here, but I believe you are asking what is the best hyGrometer, correct??  :shy:  :biggrin:

If it's hyGrometer info you seek, I am partial to Xikar, amongst their other fine products. Not too keen on what's out there on the hyGrometer market though...and yes...I am a smart a$$...sometimes... :shy:  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

tjm0831

Hah. Yes. HyGrometer is what I meant.  I had a Xikar Hygrometer several years ago and couldn't seem to get it to stay accurate. Have they improved?

ThinBlueLine

Get an ethernet tag manager and the humidity/temperature tag and you're good to go...monitor anytime/anywhere via an app

http://store.wirelesstag.net/collections/all
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

bstessl

How accurate are the tags Scott?
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

plnortham

Im a big fan of my Xikar!  Cost me 30 bones but it comes with a lifetime guarantee.  Its a digital display with Temp and RH only. Its not able to be calibrated, but comes calibrated out of the box.  Not sure how that works and what not, but Ive not had any problems (That I know of.  Hmmm....Maybe I have and just don't know it.)  I have had some people say they didn't like that type of hygrometer just because they can't be calibrated.  

The way I see it is, if Xikar didn't know what they were doing they would be "calibrateable".  <---(Is that a word? :lmao:) They've gotta be doing something correct.
Phil Northam

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." ~Mark Twain

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." ~W.C. Fields

ThinBlueLine

Air humidity logging and notification with 0.12% resolution RH sensor (+/-1% error)

ThinBlueLine

If any of you purchase them email the company and ask if they are running any promo codes and you'll land 15% off

C130Driver

QuoteThinBlueLine - 1/7/2016  1:54 PM

Get an ethernet tag manager and the humidity/temperature tag and you're good to go...monitor anytime/anywhere via an app

I've been eyeing these for some time. One of these days. For me when I'm considering dropping that much money on the hobby I always find myself saying, I could buy this or x number of cigars... I'll get the cigars.

On a side note, I was at a museum this past summer and saw one of these in a display case. I thought they looked pretty cool so I went home and looked them up. Then promptly closed the page when I saw the price tag for an analog hygrometer.

http://www.gaylord.com/Environmental-Control/Temperature-%26-Humidity-Monitors/Arten-Centigrade-Thermohygrometer/p/41-100
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

toby2

for some reason reason Xikar changed the design to one that can't be calibrated. the one i have has been wrong since it came out of the box. (i have six of the old type and they work fine) as far as warranty goes the last two lighters i sent in came back to me as broken as when they were shipped off. the newer Xikar i bought this year sparks when it wants to. they have gone down the tubes IMO.

ninfiction

I have 4 of the HygroSet, they have a calibration function. Had to calibrate them when I bought them but in the past 18 months or so I haven't had to mess with them. I've checked them 2-3 times and they are still spot on.

http://www.amazon.com/Quality-Importers-HygroSet-Hygrometer-Humidors/dp/B000H6CZQE/ref=sr_1_2/189-4849372-3568933?ie=UTF8&qid=1452267282&sr=8-2&keywords=hygrometer

I bought a Xicar for my dad for Christmas, I tested it and it was under by 1-2% which is in their margin of error. Tested one of my HyrgoSets at the same time and it was accurate.

The HygroSet is also half the price.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Ted

QuoteThinBlueLine - 1/7/2016  1:08 PM  If any of you purchase them email the company and ask if they are running any promo codes and you'll land 15% off

Excellent, thank you! Just took delivery of a new tower humidor. Finally getting out of my coolidors. Was looking for something exactly like this so I could remotely monitor 3 zones in the tower plus a treasure dome desktop.

DonM

The new Xikar I have is 2 % off, I would go either the Hygroset or the Western Digital Caliber IV, both of them you are able to calibrate.  I did a comparison of all 3 a few months back

"The Curmudgeon"

Longhorn

QuoteThinBlueLine - 1/7/2016  1:54 PM

This. Switched over to the wireless tags in November for my humidors and am very impressed.  Verified temp/humidity against Xikar calibrated units and the tags are spot on accurate.  Can monitor remotely as well.

The technology is solid and performs well.

Ted

Anyone have a valid promo code? No answer to email request and nothing after signing up on the website.

Ted

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.