Response Buffer

Started by tjm0831, 01/29/2016 03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjm0831

I can't load several of the threads on the site (those with lots of posts), including the wishlist PIF.  I get this message:

Response Buffer Limit Exceeded~Execution of the ASP page caused the Response Buffer to exceed its configured limit.

Gustoff

I've not had the issue... Out of curiosity, which browser are you using?
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

tjm0831

Gustoff

Have you tried running it on windows or Linux box to see if it's isolated to Apple? I've not used Safari lately, but I could take a look tonight when I get home... see if its the same issue or an isolated issue. Windows and Linux have been working fine for me.
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

tjm0831

I don't have any windows computers or devices at home or at the office.

CharlieOne

I experience long page load times and have to re-submit or refresh to get pages to load. Never any errors though on my ipad.

Many times after 45 seconds I get a blank page. If I go back and click submit repeatedly after the 5th or 6th time the page usually loads.
My V  List: nirab, raize, millarddj, Kman, DRuff, junglepete

millarddj

I've only had real issues on the rare occasion when the site's server goes down as a whole, and have confirmed with fellow Geeks that this has happened to some of us at the same time. Generally speaking I have no problems with the site. Occasionally slow load times, but nothing of particular concern. I would suspect individual network, OS, or browser issues over problems with site hosting.

I've definitely never gotten the error Trent is addressing. Perhaps try Chrome on your Apple computer? My wife long ago switched to this instead of native Safari. Fewer compatibility issues, for sure.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

Mojo66

Chrome works much better at parsing web sites than Safari does. Using Chrome or Firefox might solve the issue.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

ninfiction

I often have issues similar to that, haven't paid attention to the actual message, when trying to post or reply to a pm from work. But I just assumed it was because we use an outdated version of explorer and I can't change it. It'll spin and spin until I get an error message.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

tjm0831

I've noticed that its just on threads with massive numbers of posts.  I haven't had any problems with other threads.

tjm0831

OK, I downloaded Chrome and it worked.  I think I know why.  When it loads in the Chrome browser, it breaks the thread into pages, Safari tries to load it all in one page.  Is there any way to change that setting?

tjm0831

OK, I just got the error on Chrome too, trying to open the Ordinary Guy PIF (over 2k posts).  Anyone have any other solutions?

05Venturer

Quotetjm0831 - 1/29/2016  10:56 AM

OK, I just got the error on Chrome too, trying to open the Ordinary Guy PIF (over 2k posts).  Anyone have any other solutions?
I just opened up the OAG PIF on my iphone thru safari to try it and it works just fine.
I use safari and my iphone and chrome on my ipad and laptop and have never had an issue as you describe.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Mojo66

I've tried it on Windows OS 7 and 10, on OS X and on a Linux box. Worked with all browsers including IE in many versions, Safari, Chrome, Opera and Konqueror, on all platforms.

I don't know much ASP but I have seen these errors a long time ago on other forums and there were many ways to fix it server side (flush the buffer, use no buffer at all (longer load times) but when these errors showed up, they usually did for every user, not just a specific one. I'm at a loss and pass what was already suggested, nothing else comes to mind.

Would Mozilla Firefox act better on your specific setup I don't know, but have you tried it?

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.