Good pipe tobacco on CI?

Started by Camshaft83, 02/05/2016 11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camshaft83

I'm thinking about getting some tobacco from CI but not familiar with their blends. Currently smoking aromatics and whiskey infused blends. Thanks for any help in advance.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Camshaft83

:bump: for the crowd getting off work.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CharlieOne

There's always some Davidoff on CBID.
My V  List: nirab, raize, millarddj, Kman, DRuff, junglepete

05Venturer

Here are a few mild aro's that are good IMO

Lane 1Q Pipe Tobacco
Lane BCA Pipe Tobacco
McClelland FrogMorton's Cellar
Sutliff Private Stock Great Outdoors
Mac Baren 7 Seas Black
Peterson Sunset Breeze
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Camshaft83

Quote05Venturer - 2/5/2016  6:57 PM

Lane 1Q Pipe Tobacco
Lane BCA Pipe Tobacco
Mac Baren 7 Seas Black
Peterson Sunset Breeze

Thanks Kent. I think I'm going to go with the McClelland and the Mac Baren. The description for both of these sounds like what I'm looking for.

05Venturer

QuoteCamshaft83 - 2/5/2016  9:30 PM

Lane 1Q Pipe Tobacco
Lane BCA Pipe Tobacco
Mac Baren 7 Seas Black
Peterson Sunset Breeze

Thanks Kent. I think I'm going to go with the McClelland and the Mac Baren. The description for both of these sounds like what I'm looking for.
Frog Morton Cellar is my absolute favorite :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

gitfiddl

Quote05Venturer - 2/5/2016  11:39 PM

Lane 1Q Pipe Tobacco
Lane BCA Pipe Tobacco
Mac Baren 7 Seas Black
Peterson Sunset Breeze

The Frog Morton's Cellar isn't an aromatic.  It's more an English blend.

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

toby2

Quotegitfiddl - 2/6/2016  8:34 AM  
Quote05Venturer - 2/5/2016  6:57 PM  Here are a few mild aro's that are good IMO  Lane 1Q Pipe Tobacco Lane BCA Pipe Tobacco McClelland FrogMorton's Cellar Sutliff Private Stock Great Outdoors  Mac Baren 7 Seas Black Peterson Sunset Breeze

yeah it's kind of a hybrid. a cased English with top dressing i would say.

gitfiddl

Quotetoby2 - 2/6/2016  9:55 AM

Quote05Venturer - 2/5/2016  6:57 PM  Here are a few mild aro's that are good IMO  Lane 1Q Pipe Tobacco Lane BCA Pipe Tobacco McClelland FrogMorton's Cellar Sutliff Private Stock Great Outdoors  Mac Baren 7 Seas Black Peterson Sunset Breeze

I do agree with Kent that it's an excellent tobacco.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

toby2

Quotegitfiddl - 2/6/2016  9:09 AM  
Quotetoby2 - 2/6/2016  9:55 AM  

I do agree with Kent that it's an excellent tobacco.

i keeps a can or two around. it's like desert after a heavy meal. 

Camshaft83

My purchases should be here Monday so I thought I'd better give it a good cleaning with some bourbon.

gitfiddl

QuoteCamshaft83 - 2/12/2016  2:04 AM

My purchases should be here Monday so I thought I'd better give it a good cleaning with some bourbon.

I actually prefer hi-proof vodka.

Camshaft83

Quotegitfiddl - 2/12/2016  8:37 AM

Thanks for the tip. Why is that if you don't mind my asking?

toby2

i use Bacardi 151. the higher alcohol content doesn't put moisture back in the bowl. i can see vodka/grain alcohol being more neutral for sure. i like the rum and i also wipe down my humidors with it and my cheese cooler from time to time.

gitfiddl

QuoteCamshaft83 - 2/12/2016  12:23 PM

Quotegitfiddl - 2/12/2016  8:37 AM

Thanks for the tip. Why is that if you don't mind my asking?

Less lingering aroma/taste, or it seems that way to me.  And like Toby said, the higher alcohol content allows it to evaporate quicker.

Camshaft83

Thanks for the info guys.  I think I should be okay as my bourbon is Booker's bottled at 125 proof and my pipe is a meerschaum. That info will come in handy if I end up getting my grandfather's old briar pipes out though.

toby2

just remembered i was told not to use alcohol in a meer. just a damp towel. the instructions came with the pipe.

Camshaft83

Just got these in today. Thinking I might open one of them right now.

toby2

another one to try is G. L. Pease Navigator GLP doesn't disappoint.

87North

Quotetoby2 - 2/17/2016  5:59 AM

another one to try is G. L. Pease Navigator GLP doesn't disappoint.

Funny you should say that.  I was just thinking about how GLP, while not necessarily  bad, has so far failed to wow me.  Kind of like a CAO cigar...   :confused:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

toby2

Quote87North - 2/24/2016  2:47 AM  
Quotetoby2 - 2/17/2016  5:59 AM  another one to try is G. L. Pease Navigator GLP doesn't disappoint.
Funny you should say that.  I was just thinking about how GLP, while not necessarily  bad, has so far failed to wow me.  Kind of like a CAO cigar...   :confused:

i like a good many of his blends. i smoke Haddo's delight and Laurel Heights the most.

what are some that wow you? 

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.