23 Year Ron Zacapa Rum for your cigars ??????

Started by McBryde, 02/17/2016 06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McBryde

On longhorns advice, as I like fruity drinks like margaritas and pina coladas and apple pie moonshine, I bought a bottle of Ron Zacapa Rum to try out. It is definitely not in my drinking wheelhouse. I'm interested to see if someone would trade it for cigars. The bottle was roughly $55 after taxes, and I've had roughly only one shot out of it. Wanting to trade it for cigars. Any interest? Plusses would be a cream machine cigar, been wanting to try them!

Interest?

http://s5.photobucket.com/user/duckslayer1021/media/3F5BF1A7-F0C0-4FFB-8E20-AC10EB1D1401_zpsgjk0pyr1.jpg.html" target="_blank"> photo 3F5BF1A7-F0C0-4FFB-8E20-AC10EB1D1401_zpsgjk0pyr1.jpg
E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

nwb

Chief of Shaft

McBryde

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Brlesq

Quotenwb - 2/17/2016  9:20 PM

That's a nice rum. :drool:

Easy there, W.C. Fields

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nwb

"It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her for it."
Chief of Shaft

jharrisx5

Puff Puff Give....

McBryde

Back at ya Jason, looks like this may be done for.

E

ThinBlueLine

I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

Vroomp

I only pay around $43-44 for that rum here..... :confused:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

tvolball

Dang I wish I could get a good 23 year old scotch for that price. Im paying that for my 12 year old Balvenie.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

junglepete

Quotetvolball - 2/18/2016  12:05 PM

Dang I wish I could get a good 23 year old scotch for that price. Im paying that for my 12 year old Balvenie.

x2
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Mojo66

Quotejunglepete - 2/18/2016  2:10 PM  
Quotetvolball - 2/18/2016  12:05 PM  Dang I wish I could get a good 23 year old scotch for that price. Im paying that for my 12 year old Balvenie.
x2

X3, and you can say it again. That same 12 years Balvenie (The DoubleWood) costs me about $100.00 after taxes here  :-0

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

tvolball

QuoteMojo66 - 2/18/2016  5:12 PM

Quotetvolball - 2/18/2016  12:05 PM  Dang I wish I could get a good 23 year old scotch for that price. Im paying that for my 12 year old Balvenie.
x2

X3, and you can say it again. That same 12 years Balvenie (The DoubleWood) costs me about $100.00 after taxes here  :-0

I actually pay $66 a bottle plus tax that takes it to about $72 a bottle. And the Doublewood is the bomb. I am hooked on it.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Brlesq

Quotetvolball - 2/18/2016  12:05 PM

x2

Guys, Zacapa is rum, not scotch. I doubt anyone gets a 23 year scotch for that price
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

jharrisx5

Puff Puff Give....

frankj1

it's not really 23 year old aged rum. At one time that was sold by Zacapa, the entire bottle was encased in cane. but what you have there is 23 Solera, and there is nothing to be embarrassed about. To rum drinkers, that is still one of the very finest sweet sipping rums. I haven't seen a bottle of the original in a few years.

The difference is, instead of a full bottle of 23 year old rum, Solera refers to a blending process, starts with some 23 yo, adds maybe 15, then maybe 12 etc. I'm not an expert on making rum, just on drinking it! There are some good sites that can explain better than me...like rumgallery.com

Great with maduros, in my opinion. Around $42 in the Boston area, if you look around.

Frank

McBryde

Good info Frank, good to know! I still didn't like it, needed to be a lot smoother for me! I'll stick with my aged apple pie shine!

E

McBryde

Well,

I got my end of the trade today for this, and I think these will taste better to me than the rum! Thanks for the trade Jason.

photo 9864F0B1-A04B-462B-86B9-4FC0B3A0AADA_zpskb9pbsus.jpg

E

Trblmkr

I ALWAYS got a bottle of this around, this is my go to drink when smoking cigars.
I am Nobody
Nobody is Perfect
Therefore, I am Perfect

PETE314

I actually prefer the Zaya (12 yr) to the Zacapa 23 yr(albeit not by much...lol), call me crazy...The Zaya is smoother with amazing vanilla notes and the Zacapa a bit more complex...Of course, what I want to get my hands on is the Ron Zacapa XO or the Royal....
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.