Looking for a few neat cigar boxes or lids, and cigar bands.......

Started by McBryde, 02/17/2016 09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McBryde

I need some help from y'all,

I've got a cool idea for a shadow box project that I need some cool looking cigar box lids for, and lots of cigar bands. I've got quite a few cigar bands, but could use some more as well. I only need a few cigar boxes, or just the lids if you have them laying around. What all do you have to choose from?

Thanks,

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

headfirst

You looking for what the inside or outside of the lid looks like?
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

McBryde

Quoteheadfirst - 2/18/2016  12:20 AM

You looking for what the inside or outside of the lid looks like?

Outside, it will be the center piece of the deal.

E

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

McBryde

Heck, depending on what the inside looks like, I could probably turn it around and use the inside instead. Something to play with.

E

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

McBryde

That Ava Maria one interests me, I'll shoot you a PM.

E

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Ted

I always toss my boxes as soon as I empty 'em, sorry!

tjm0831

toby2

McBryde

Nothing really in particular, just some that look good, colored maybe, something that is a good focal point. Something bright in color, cool catchy design, etc. it is going to be the center piece of the design.

E

McBryde

Trent, what is the finish like on that Camacho box? Is it a gloss finish? Would the sticker come off the corner without it messing up the top finish of the lid?

E

McBryde

One like that Namukabi box in Kent's wall art post would be cool to get. What cigar is that off of? Some special edition Namukabi?

E

toby2

QuoteMcBryde - 2/18/2016  9:21 AM  One like that Namukabi box in Kent's wall art post would be cool to get. What cigar is that off of? Some special edition Namukabi?  E

i think i have one. i will look. 

millarddj

QuoteMcBryde - 2/18/2016  12:29 AM

That Ava Maria one interests me, I'll shoot you a PM.

E

Everything about the Ave Maria line's packaging is fantastic. My favorite so far.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

bmac7754

I post some boxes later tonight and see if it's anything you want. I have a few hundred bands too if you want them
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

tjm0831

QuoteMcBryde - 2/18/2016  8:16 AM

Trent, what is the finish like on that Camacho box? Is it a gloss finish? Would the sticker come off the corner without it messing up the top finish of the lid?

E

It is a gloss finish.  I don't see why the sticker wouldn't come off with a little heat.

McBryde

Quotebmac7754 - 2/18/2016  11:13 AM

I post some boxes later tonight and see if it's anything you want. I have a few hundred bands too if you want them

Interested to see them, and the bands i want for sure!

E

junglepete

Damn....I just got rid of 3 garbage bags full of boxes before Christmas...got tired of them being on my back as a future project :)
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

bmac7754

Ok Emerson here are some of the boxes I have laying around.  The 3rd picture shows the 4 that have art on the inside when opened.  I throw my bands inside cigar jars, and would say there has to be 200-300 bands in there.  Pm me if you are interested in anything.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

cavenbk

I have a Tatuaje Pudgy Monsters box/lid I would depart with if you want it, as well as an Oliva Series V Melanio Petite Corona, Tatuaje Lancero Sampler, and allegedly a Cohiba Maduro 5 Secretos (ISOM)... Sorry no pics right now am at work.
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

McBryde

What is that Leroy vs. the dark master made out of Brian? Also, can't see the Partagas in the bottom right of the one pic very well, is it glass topped or something?

E

McBryde

bstessl

QuoteDRuff - 2/18/2016  9:30 PM

Funny!...  looks a lot like Doug!!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.