Contest for a contest

Started by Mojo66, 03/22/2016 05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo66

This place needs another contest... and why stop at one, why not 2 new contests.

So, here's a contest to help me find a contest I like. If your idea is picked, you win, and then I'll throw another contest using your idea, making another winner and happy Geek.

The rules are simple:

To participate: You need to have at least 100 posts, 300 or more points with at least a status of Extreme Veteran and one or more positive feedback. If you guys find my rules strict, wait for the rules of my next one  :shy:

The contest:  Very straightforward, suggest your best CG contest idea(s). Keep it Geek friendly but keep those suggestions coming. Contest will end on Monday March 28 at 00:00 (Midnight) GMT-5. At that point, I will either have you guys vote for the best one or just decide myself what idea I choose.

The prize: The Geek who's idea is chosen will get a nice prize pack from me.

I will then use the idea for a contest, and you guys can have the remaining contest ideas, but only AFTER this is over :biggrin:

So, who want's to play

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

bmac7754

Cool idea Sébastien and good luck with this.  Sticking with a Social Media type thing I suggest a Cigar Geek Selfie contest.  Simply take a selfie of yourself with a cigar in your mouth and post up.  A nice way to match faces with usernames, winner or winners  I would assume would be a random pulled #.  
Just my weird idea.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

McBryde

I say a hot girl meme contest. Or hot girl with cigar meme contest. Did I win?

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

biggsy16

I am retiring from Canada Post in 25 working days, unlike in the US I walk to every house, how many miles have I walked in 30 years on the job.
Rich
Never done being a Dad

Chrism305

Great contest idea. How about the number of times Donald Trump says "Believe Me" in his next speech plus the number of times Bernie interrupts Hillary in their next debate?

headfirst

Taking a cue from ninfiction how about a cigar photo contest?  Has to be for a database cigar that currently has no pics and you post to the thread on a pic submitted only after admins have posted the pic in the database.  Most first photos wins.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

nirab

I like the photo idea. How about a picture that includes: The Cigar Geek enjoying a cigar, along with something to do about Cigar Geeks in the background, along with a theme of some sort. Example...you like hockey and My Little Pony, so your picture must include hockey and MLP stuff. Rod Stewart sang Every Picture Tells A Story...so it's the Every Picture Tells A Story Contest.  :biggrin:

And yes, I put My Little Pony in there because I know a few of you are closet Bronies!!  :shy:  :shy:

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Mojo66

That's a nice start guys, keep them ideas coming  :bigthumbs:

quickme

Cigar bingo...   geeks post up what you are smoking in the contest thread.  Pull out bands ( hopefully you keep them in a jar like others) and after 10 labels see who has smoked the most matching.  In case of a tie sudden death band pull!!!   or a Roshambo challenge!!!   Screw the cigar bingo, ROSHAMBO challenge!

Mojo66

Is this all you guys have ? :shy:

I was expecting a bigger turnout.

Ideas for free cigars, come on, what do you have to loose.

Plus this could give ideas to Geeks that want to organize a contest of their own... everybody wins

headfirst

How about we help Brad out and have a slogan contest for Xiphos?  Put the top 3 to a vote and the winner has to be worked into his marketing somehow. :biggrin:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Mojo66

Quoteheadfirst - 3/24/2016  3:28 PM  How about we help Brad out and have a slogan contest for Xiphos?  Put the top 3 to a vote and the winner has to be worked into his marketing somehow. :biggrin:

I'd run that by Brad first, not so sure he'd go for some of the nonsense I and others here are capable of generating   :biggrin:  :lmao:

But hey, it's an idea. Any others from where that one came from? Please  :shy:  

headfirst

It's a subtle CG shoutout, like Dan Patrick and the "passion bucket".   :-)

Alright alright, then a slogan contest for Gurkha just for fun.  No limit to the entries..."Gurkha, the roll-of-the-dice of cigars"   :lmao:
-Charles Spurgeon

05Venturer

Quotenirab - 3/23/2016  8:15 AM

I like the photo idea. How about a picture that includes: The Cigar Geek enjoying a cigar, along with something to do about Cigar Geeks in the background, along with a theme of some sort. Example...you like hockey and My Little Pony, so your picture must include hockey and MLP stuff. Rod Stewart sang Every Picture Tells A Story...so it's the Every Picture Tells A Story Contest.  :biggrin:

And yes, I put My Little Pony in there because I know a few of you are closet Bronies!!  :shy:  :shy:

How about a contest to try to figure out what Brian typed into a google search to find the "Bronies" youtube video ( or if it was saved to his favorites list)    :confused:  :lmao:     J/K Brian  :biggrin:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

tjm0831

Cigars around the world.  Take pics of yourself (proof) smoking cigars in famous or otherwise awesome places around the world.  There is probably somewhere near you that you ignore or don't even bother seeing that the rest of us would kill to go to.  Smoke a cigar there.  Claim it for cigar smokers everywhere!  

Either vote on best pic, or do a numbers game, like who has smoked in the most places.  

:victory:

nirab

Now that is funny Kent!!!!! :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:  :lmao:  :lmao:

I actually heard about this phenomena about a year ago. It is a real thing, and there is a documentary on Netflix about it. My wife and I watched it and were blown away. I will admit that I find it very, very, very strange...did I mention that I find it very strange??  :biggrin:  But, the message of My Little Pony that the creator of the show believes in, and what these strange Bronie folks believe in, well, the whole world could use some of what they are selling...Kent, you'd make a fine Bronie my brother!!  :shy:  :shy:  :biggrin:  :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

bmac7754

Hey how about an arcade contest.  Scratch that, I think Brian, Gary, and Sean might beat me up
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

headfirst

-Charles Spurgeon

sgtmai

Hi like to start triple crown contest ,is this doable?
thanks new guy from Everett

Mojo66

Quote05Venturer - 3/24/2016  4:09 PM  
Quote...  How about a contest to try to figure out what Brian typed into a google search to find the "Bronies" youtube video ( or if it was saved to his favorites list)    :confused:  :lmao:     J/K Brian  :biggrin:

I asked myself the same questions but hey, I don't judge :angel:

By the way Kent, your post although funny, is missing a very important part, where is your idea for my contest  :confused:  :shy:

clami

Post a picture of a cigar (or just the band) zoomed  way in - so all you can see is one or two pixels.  Then every day, zoom out a little more and post another picture.  See who can correctly identify the cigar (or the band) first.  Could be a multiple choice one - match up the cigar name with a zoomed in picture of the band - see who gets the most correct.  Test our Cigar Geekiness.  

Clay

McBryde

Quoteclami - 3/25/2016  3:39 PM

Post a picture of a cigar (or just the band) zoomed  way in - so all you can see is one or two pixels.  Then every day, zoom out a little more and post another picture.  See who can correctly identify the cigar (or the band) first.  Could be a multiple choice one - match up the cigar name with a zoomed in picture of the band - see who gets the most correct.  Test our Cigar Geekiness.  

Clay

Cool contest idea Clay.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Mojo66

Bumping this as it's the last day to come up with "any" contest idea and participate in this here contest.

Free cigars anyone  :shy:

headfirst

How about a cigar photo safari contest?
-Charles Spurgeon

headfirst

How about a U.S. presidential candidate campaign slogan contest?  Each player can only submit one slogan, for any candidate they want.  You choose the top 5 slogans and put it to a vote.  The winner of that vote will receive 20 delegates.  But as the contest sponsor you have 21 super-delegates to dole out as you so choose, just to make sure this remains a democratic contest.   :biggrin:
-Charles Spurgeon

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.