Quickie Guesstimate Contest...

Started by Ted, 04/30/2016 09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

All right. Been a really busy year for me. Trying to get some time to read/post more. Had very little time for much of anything this year. Figure a quick contest to get back into the groove would help! So. How about a quick guessing game/contest?

I moved into a new house at the end of August. During the holidays, I migrated most of my stock from desktop humidors and coolidors to to a new tower. On the 18th of this month I decided to run an inventory. I use the CG online humidor to manage my sticks, but hadn't been keeping accurate track of my cigars for ~6 months (or since my move). I gave away, smoked, bought, and was gifted cigars that never made it into my online humidor calculations.

(shout out to chacocii and Vroomp for the awesome smokes recently.)

For this contest, I'm looking for the age total in days of the cigars I "lost" when I performed my inventory. In other words, what is the combined age of all the cigars that I smoked or gave away? For online humidor purposes, this is based off the "purchase date" field, which to me is actually the date the cigars entered my humidor.

The ending inventory date is based off 4/18/16. As an example, I smoked or gifted 4 Montecristo #4's with a combined age of 1732 days. That number is ignorant of the box code, and completely based on the date they were added to my humidor. As of 4/18/16, those 4 cigars were 433 days old each.

I will send a 5er to the closest 2 guesses. Some hints:

I've only been smoking about 3 years.
The total number of cigars lost is 104.
I hate smoking ROTT.
The oldest cigar in my humidor (not box code) is 1097 days.
The youngest cigar in my humidor (not box code) is 9 days.
The correct answer is > 10,000.
The correct answer is < 100,000.

Creative guesses may also earn a 5er. Any guesses with midget strippers will be thrown into the trash. After appropriate review periods.

The winning 5er will include one ISOM with ~3300 days of age (based on box code). An amazing (and cheap) stick, at least to me, but about the end of it's life cycle. The rest will be s**tty dog rockets you'll be surprised anybody spent money to ship.

So have at it!

Contest will end when I wake up 5/16.

Ted

I'm guessing 23,564 because you suck at math and didn't prohibit yourself from guessing. Jackass.

Vroomp

77,424 DAYS~!  Thanks for the contest~!
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

benchjockey

68,924 days. Thanks for the contest.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

tjm0831

appollo

My guess is 64,789.Thanks for the contest. :thumbsup:

GrouchoM

My guess is 59,176 days. Thanks for the contest.
The secret word is cigars!

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Brlesq

23,563. I'm hoping your "guess" was a hint!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Ted

QuoteBrlesq - 5/1/2016  4:10 PM  23,563. I'm hoping your "guess" was a hint!

Hahaha! I didn't even think about that. My not so sober humor. At least it makes me laugh.

Anyway, my guess was not random, and not close. Feel free to change your guess if you based it on my stupidity!

Here's you hint: Change your guess. :lmao:

johncw

Thanks for the contest and I'll guess 62400

ninfiction

55744, 104 cigars x 536 average days of age....
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Beegerply

43,752 days thanks for the contest. :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Cfickter

67,233 is my guess, thanks for the contest
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

BewareDaPenguin

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

BigHop

Is this price is right rules? 10,001 lol
if not 32,221.

Brlesq

QuoteTed - 5/1/2016  7:08 PM

Hahaha! I didn't even think about that. My not so sober humor. At least it makes me laugh.

Anyway, my guess was not random, and not close. Feel free to change your guess if you based it on my stupidity!

Not random you say, and you suck at math?  :?:

OK, 76436

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Ted

QuoteBrlesq - 5/2/2016  4:42 PM  

Not random you say, and you suck at math?  :?:   OK, 76436  

Oops, it WAS random. But it was not close. Good thing the spreadsheet is doing the math!

Brlesq

QuoteTed - 5/2/2016  7:27 PM

QuoteBrlesq - 5/2/2016  4:42 PM  

Not random you say, and you suck at math?  :?:   OK, 76436  

Oops, it WAS random. But it was not close. Good thing the spreadsheet is doing the math!

Now you're just messin' with me!  :lmao:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

McBryde

QuoteTed - 5/1/2016  12:45 AM

The winning 5er will include one ISOM with ~3300 days of age (based on box code). An amazing (and cheap) stick, at least to me, but about the end of it's life cycle. The rest will be s**tty dog rockets you'll be surprised anybody spent money to ship.

Now this is the prize pack I want to win!!!!! Thanks for the contest Ted!

I pick 37,368

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

danb6177

I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

artman556

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.