J.R.'s and Chateau Reals

Started by Turboknat, 01/17/2010 11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turboknat

J.R.'s, until I believe it is January 30, is selling all of their Chateau Real Maduro (Boxes of 25), no matter what the size, for $59.00 each box.  These are really good cigars, one of my favorites, although I admit I like the claro more.  But, a great deal.  It is offered on their website, as well as at the store in person.  Drove up there yesterday, and bought a box of the Lord Tennyson size, and they threw in a three count Partegas Decade sampler. :smoker2:

wescat

QuoteTurboknat - 1/17/2010  11:05 AM

J.R.'s, until I believe it is January 30, is selling all of their Chateau Real Maduro (Boxes of 25), no matter what the size, for $59.00 each box.  These are really good cigars, one of my favorites, although I admit I like the claro more.  But, a great deal.  It is offered on their website, as well as at the store in person.  Drove up there yesterday, and bought a box of the Lord Tennyson size, and they threw in a three count Partegas Decade sampler. :smoker2:

Turboknat, Is this cigar listed in the review data base? If so, exactly how is it listed?
Could you compare this cigar to a couple of others with a similar taste profile?

Thank you!
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

dwig

Listed under:
Chateau Real by Drew Estate
I wonder if clouds ever look down on us and say:  Hey look.  That one is shaped like an idiot!"

BlackIrish

QuoteTurboknat - 1/17/2010  12:05 PM

I've picked up a couple of boxes of the cristales deluxe in the past, and they were surprisingly good in terms of flavor and quality.   I think I like the claro more, but just by a nose.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Turboknat

Same with me.  I like the claro more, but just more.  I think they both are great.

wescat

dwiq, Blackirish, Turboknat, thanks for the info.
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Hot Stuff x

QuoteTurboknat - 1/17/2010 4:05 AM  Drove up there yesterday, and bought a box of the Lord Tennyson size, and they threw in a three count Partegas Decade sampler. :smoker2:

Fifty-nine bucks and they throw in the Decadas sampler?   That's a hell of a deal.  Those samplers are normally $35 each.

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Turboknat

Yeah, I didn't even realize that came with it.  I also bought a five cigar sampler of the El Rey Del Mundo Oscuro Robusto's in the white tissue paper wrapper.  I tell you that is a fun store to go shopping for cigars and cigar items.

nwb

I've heard some very good things about Chateau Reals.  Since I have one in the humi, I might have to spark it up soon to see if I want to get the deal.  Anyone know how long they are $59?

nwb
Chief of Shaft

Turboknat

I read until January 20th, so not much more time.

nwb

QuoteTurboknat - 1/17/2010  10:23 PM

I read until January 20th, so not much more time.

Thanks!

nwb
Chief of Shaft

Hot Stuff x

I too have some of these resting.  I looked at my previous review and it says the one I tried before had construcion issues.  I know I've smoked some naturals since then and they were fine.  I will try the maduro (Noble, 5.25 x 54) again tonight and update my review.  If it's good I'll probaby buy a box of these.
LES

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Jackal

I have had the madurps, and they taste great for the price.  I, too, have experienced issues with construction (badly made heads, the cigar unwrapping); these could be because the ones that I have had came to me in passes and they may be sensitive to the tribulations of shipping.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Hot Stuff x

I decided to pass on this offer.  I had a Chateau Real Noble (robusto) Maduro today, and like the one I had previously, the wrapper was very thin and brittle.  Flavor was decent (opening notes of light pepper, followed by earthy maduro flavor with some leather notes), but I think I would get bored with this cigar if it was larger than a robusto.  If I didn't have a ton of cigars already I might buy these, as the price is still damn good.  But the thin, brittle wrapper is the real dealbreaker for me.  I don't like bits of wrapper peeling off in my mouth as I smoke.

See my review update here

LES

nwb

Thanks for the update Les.  It makes my decision to pass on this deal a little easier  :biggrin:

nwb
Chief of Shaft

southernpacifico

You BOTL's,

Went to JR's and
PULLED THE TRIGGGGGGER :shades:
Things I believe:
Life is too short not to pull the trigger!
The best cigar, I haven't smoked yet.
Everyone needs something to believe in, I believe I'll have another Scotch (Beer, Rum, Bourbon..) and Cigar!! The choices are endless......
SMOKE ON BOTLs

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.