If you don't belong to CRA, you should.

Started by Mautrak, 07/15/2016 08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mautrak

The fight between the federal government and the manufacturers of the cigars we enjoy on this website is really coming to a head.  Over the next two years the industry could be changing dramatically.  If you haven't read about the new certification processes for cigars, and the warning labels, you should read up on it.  The coming requirements are just crazy.  Just one small example is that the new warnings, which must cover at least 30% of packaging, will even include cellophane wrappers.  It will be tough to even see the cigars through all the warnings.

The news this morning is that CAA, IPCPR and CRA have joined forces to sue the FDA over the new requirements.  The story is here http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/cigar-industry-groups-join-forces-to-sue-fda-18908

If you don't belong to CRA, you should, just to help defend the industry.   

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

05Venturer

If you aren't a CRA member shame on you  :shamebag:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

tjm0831

toby2

Jay'D

Last name Hungry first name Always

My hobby collection | http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Jay%27D

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

SenorPablo

Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Cfickter

The CRA did a tremendous job here in PA working with the industry and legislators to help get the planned 40% wholesale tax on cigars removed from the state budget. I for one applaud their efforts. For those who may not be aware PA is the epicenter of the US cigar industry.  it is the home to CI, Famous along with several other large on-line retailers.  It is also the home to Leaf & Bean, Lecca, and Flatbed cigars.
I have been a member for 4 years and plan on continue doing so

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

C130Driver

What a racket. I think I'm going to just declare that I will now be regulating random industries and they will have to pay me to operate in the future. The crappy thing is I guarantee the courts will back up the FDA and declare cigars to be within their regulatory authority.
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

Vroomp

QuoteC130Driver - 7/25/2016  4:51 PM  What a racket. I think I'm going to just declare that I will now be regulating random industries and they will have to pay me to operate in the future. The crappy thing is I guarantee the courts will back up the FDA and declare cigars to be within their regulatory authority.

Regulation is one thing~! What the FDA is doing is beyond regulation with the current deeming rules....... Ever see a cigarette pack with 30% of the front label covered?  :confused:

It is my understanding that cigars with cello will have the cello declared packaging as well, requiring a warning label on each individual cigar~! The rotation of warning labels on packaging to cover all six different warning labels (another requirement) is cost prohibitive as well~! There will also be additional Marketing Fees levied upon all suppliers, manufacturers, and distributors to be determined by the amount of sales accrued in the previous year, in addition to the federal and state excise taxes already paid to our greedy government, (of course, for me that's not too big a thing yet....:shades: )

CLICK ON THE LINK TO READ ALL THE STIPULATIONS IN EASY TO UNDERSTAND LANGUAGE

FDA BULLSH*T :moon:

Of course, you must remember that Cuban cigars have not been sold in the US (legally) in the period prior to 2007 making them ineligible to be grandfathered in and will therefore ALL be required to go through te$ting and declaration procedure$ to be accepted~! They will never allow Cuban Cigars onto the market,,,,,, even if the embargo is lifted under current regulations~!

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

05Venturer

QuoteC130Driver - 7/25/2016  3:51 PM

What a racket. I think I'm going to just declare that I will now be regulating random industries and they will have to pay me to operate in the future. The crappy thing is I guarantee the courts will back up the FDA and declare cigars to be within their regulatory authority.

And when your done with that you can join CRA  :biggrin:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

millarddj

I finally got my CRA membership taken care of, thanks to this thread and related recent news. After reading up, the situation is utterly ridiculous.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

toby2

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.