2016 Cigar Geeks Fantasy Football

Started by johncw, 07/19/2016 06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johncw

DRAFT: Live draft scheduled for Monday, Aug 29, 2016 at 9:00pm EDT.

It's almost August so figured it's time to get the league started. First I want to give everyone in the league last year a chance to rejoin first then if there are spots open I will open it up to all the Geeks. Again this year we will all be putting up 5 nice cigars ($7+) and one really nice cigar ($9+) to be given to the regular season winner. 1st place cigars will be sent to 2nd place of playoffs. Winner of the Playoffs will receive the remaining 5 packs. Again this year I think it would be easier if everyone shipped all the cigars to me and then I can send them out to the winners.

We will again try and do a Online Draft and Google Herf. I'll send out some dates when all the teams are set. I'd like to get this done by the end of July if possible. Set up draft date near end of August.

Last years teams. Let me know if you need a link to the league again. I've PM'ed everyone that hasn't confirmed yet.

Drink'in Fortes (John)       (confirmed in)
Chief the Whole F'n Show (Ken) (confirmed in)
Redneck Warriors (Jason)   (confirmed in)
Toilet Monsters (Brian)       (confirmed in)
Penn State Boys Camp (Adam) (confirmed in)
The Dudes (Kerry)        (confirmed in)
BamaStogieboys (Michael) (confirmed in)
GoPackgo (Kent)     (Confirmed In)
cfickter (Confirmed in)
sar127 (Rob) (Confirmed In)
Raize (Jason) (confirmed in)
Bstessl (Brian) (confirmed in)

thanks everyone.

jharrisx5

I'm in (Redneck Warriors)

Online draft MAY be tough but I will try my hardest
Puff Puff Give....

Cfickter

John if you have an extra opening I would love to join in
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

BewareDaPenguin

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

johncw

QuoteCfickter - 7/19/2016  11:13 AM

John if you have an extra opening I would love to join in

Sure I'll let you know

chief791

"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

chief791

Hey guys. Let's try to set up the draft as late as possible. Nothing worse than having your number 1 draft pick go out for the whole year during preseason.
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

johncw

Quotechief791 - 7/19/2016  4:16 PM

Hey guys. Let's try to set up the draft as late as possible. Nothing worse than having your number 1 draft pick go out for the whole year during preseason.

We can certainly try... It's always hard with everyone schedules to get a good date which is why i'm trying to start early.

raize

An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=raize

BewareDaPenguin

Quotechief791 - 7/19/2016  4:16 PM

What if your 1st 2 draft picks get hurt early in the season? Cough Cough Jamal Charles & Dez Bryant lol...man that hurt bad last year

Agree late is better thanks for looking early I'm sure we can come up with something

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

Guys, thanks for letting me play, looking forward to it.
Team name:  Killers on the Confluence

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

johncw

Still waiting to hear on Dave and Doug if they are coming back or not.  Welcome Chuck

Cfickter

Quotejohncw - 7/25/2016 9:18 AM Still waiting to hear on Dave and Doug if they are coming back or not. Welcome Chuck

thanks, registered on site and logged in

johncw

BewareDaPenguin

BewareDaPenguin

I will ask my brother Indy Gopher I'm guessing he will get in I just messaged him :thumbsup:

johncw

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 7/27/2016  4:13 PM

I will ask my brother Indy Gopher I'm guessing he will get in I just messaged him :thumbsup:

Sounds good  :thumbsup:

bstessl

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

johncw

Quotebstessl - 7/27/2016  7:53 PM

I'm in if you got a spot

Sent you a link to the league via PM

sar127

Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

johncw

Quotesar127 - 7/29/2016  4:13 AM

I'd like to play if there's any room left.

Rob sent you an invite.

I've also sent out 2 other invites for the 3 spaces we have... It's going to be first come first serve at this point since those invites went out a few days ago... I'd like to get this wrapped up so we know who is playing this year.

Thanks

sar127

Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.