Xikar 'XO' Cutter?!

Started by bertf86, 08/15/2016 06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bertf86

Hey all!

been away for a while, recently purchased my first home & have had so much to deal with that i haven't had a chance to be online much!

Now that i am finally getting round to being settled in, I was looking to purchase a new cutter (seem to have lost my old one in transition to the new house) & had seen that Xikar were releasing the XO Cutter & was just wondering what the opinions of it were?!

turning 30 a week on Friday so was thinking i may treat myself with the XO (being a big (Glasgow) Rangers fan I really like the blue with black blades that they offer!

Cheers,

bertf86
"God damnit - I canoed it!" KingCobraJFS

Cfickter

Great looking cutter https://www.xikar.com/products/cutters/xo/
And you know with Xikar they are very well built and exceptionally backed. 

Go ahead and treat yourself!

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

bertf86

Thanks for the reply CFickter - I think i shall go ahead and purchase it at the end of the month!

runewolf

Great cutters! Just don't do what I did and leave it on the counter at cigar bar.  10 minutes later, nope noone has seen it lol.
--// Signature space for rent \\--

nirab

You can't go wrong with Xikar...congrats on the new house!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

ninfiction

I agree with the other guys, I have 2 Xikar cutters and love them, of course the lifetime warrenty doesn't hurt.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

bertf86

Runewolf - I dont know of any cigar bars around me in Glasgow, so i hopefully wont be 'misplacing' it any time soon!

Nirab - thank you! it has had it's initial teething problems (as i am sure all homeowners will no doubt have experienced) but it is definitely the best decision i have ever made (other than taking up cigars of course!).

Ninfiction - yeah the lifetime warranty definitely helps with the decision making process!

I am definitely sold on a Xikar cutter (and in particular the XO), I can get it for around £95 over here ($120 give or take) so seems like it is inline with the normal costs as well!

appollo

Congrats on the new house.Great cutter.I have one .not that model,it works great. :-)

bertf86

Thanks appollo, cant wait to turn my spare room in to somewhere i can go and enjoy a cigar in peace! Haha

Yeah i had looked at others previously, but was glad i held off on buying one as i really love this new one!

MacMac

Very nice cutter. I only have a lighter by Xikar so far...it is great!
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

bertf86

What lighter do you have Joe? i want to invest in a good one too now that i have my own proper space!

My plan is to be turning my spare bedroom in to a mancave & with me being on the third floor (top level flat) i want to be able to smoke in that room aswell (ultimately need to look in to ventilation/purification options as i dont want the room smelling musty/full of old smoke & also need to contain it as much to that room as possible!)

just need to get some of the more important things done before i can focus my efforts on my room!

DonM

I may have to get me a new cutter......

"The Curmudgeon"

bertf86

Made the jump and went ahead and purchased this! (Opted for the blue with black blades cutter).

Now i just have to wait until November(ish) for it to arrive in the UK!!

Ted

Love Xikar cutters. Pretty much all I buy now. The XO is new to me, but it looks like something my ham fists would fumble all over the place! I pretty much moved to the scissors exclusively, but you really can't go wrong with anything Xikar IMO. Will be interested to hear your experiences with the XO. Looks a little unwieldy to use?

bstessl

that looks like an amazing cutter...
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

bertf86

Ted, i shall feed back (eventually) on how it is to use! I broke my old cutter transtitioning between my parents & my new house, so anything, even unwieldy, shall be an upgrade!! Haha

Once it arrives i shall supply feedback for anyone that is interested!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.