Ho Ho Anejo Contest

Started by SenorPablo, 12/16/2007 08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

I mentioned having a contest for one of the 2 Anejos I had gifted to me.  Now is the time.  I struggled with what to do with this one, since the last one wound up being way too hard.  I decided to a visual one this time.  Something not terribly easy to google.  So here it is.  Name the title of these 3 famous paintings for one of my last Anejo 55's.

Good luck!
-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Sticks

Hmm, let's see:
1st. one: Hmm starts with an N.
2nd. one: Salvador DalĂ­. The Persistence of Memory. 1931.
3rd one: Someones mother! Not mine.

I had fun looking this up. Art lover that I am. All cigar smokers have a classical side to them. :shades:

ljlemer

The Third one is Whistler's Mother by James Mcneill Whistler.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

The first is Edward Hopper's Nighthawks.

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

The second is Time by Salvador Dali. I WON!!!!

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

Sticks is right, the Dali is titled The Persistence of Memory, but its nickname is Time, just like the nickname for Nighthawks is The Diner. But nicknames don't count and Sticks guessed it first anyway, but I got two of them. That's good for one of the cigars, right?

Thomas Mann

theoldcc

Wow...I turn my back for 1 minute and an Anejo flies.  

I think he was saying that he only wanted to part with one of them.
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

mhuss

Quoteccforme - 12/17/2007  8:43 AM

Wow...I turn my back for 1 minute and an Anejo flies.  

Yeah, really!  I decide to go to bed for the evening, and the big contest is over!  Oh well, I don't know anything at all about art, so I would not have had much of a chance anyway.  Congrats to you winner(s)!

Sticks

It's all for Larry. He is the Grand Master of Art. :dancing:

SenorPablo

Sorry guys.  I thought that one would b a littl tougher, but then i'm not an art critic either.  The last one was way too hard.  This one was way to easy.  I just can't find that middle ground.

Congrats Larry!  I'll send it out.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

ljlemer

QuoteSenorPablo - 12/17/2007  12:20 PM

Sorry guys.  I thought that one would b a littl tougher, but then i'm not an art critic either.  The last one was way too hard.  This one was way to easy.  I just can't find that middle ground.

Congrats Larry!  I'll send it out.

-Paul

Thanks for the lukewarm congrats. Way too easy? Now I feel guilty. I'll probably still be pondering this conundrum as I light up the bittersweet prize.

In honor of Sticks, who guessed the first right answer and did it first, I'm going to put out the cigar at the two-thirds mark and send him the final third that he is entitled to. Or maybe I'll just bomb him. Maybe I'll go over his reviews and see if I have something he gave a high rating to. Don't tell him.

Thomas Mann

Sticks

Larry, if I had won, I would have had to share it with a Polar bear up here as it was 5 below this weekend and I expect to be back on the Polar weather next weekend.  Take a few good puffs for me.

SenorPablo

Quoteljlemer - 12/17/2007  1:27 PM
Thanks for the lukewarm congrats. Way too easy? Now I feel guilty. I'll probably still be pondering this conundrum as I light up the bittersweet prize.

A sincere congrats from me!  However...when 2 people can solve it in a matter of hours...i'ts way too easy!  ;-)   I need to make you guys work a little harder for it.  :-)

ljlemer

QuoteSenorPablo - 12/17/2007  3:25 PM

A sincere congrats from me!  However...when 2 people can solve it in a matter of hours...i'ts way too easy!  ;-)   I need to make you guys work a little harder for it.  :-)

Well, it helps to not use very well known works.  Why don't you find a copy of "Contests to Entertain Your Group With" by Notchet Ritten?

Thomas Mann

NewGuy

Congrats Larry.  I like art as well, and I'm encouraged that our moderator would expand our cultural horizon while giving away a gerat smoke. Kudos Paul! :bigthumbs:

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

SenorPablo

Quoteljlemer - 12/17/2007  4:51 PM
Well, it helps to not use very well known works.  Why don't you find a copy of "Contests to Entertain Your Group With" by Notchet Ritten?

Yep...while I had no idea what the names were - even though I had seen them before - I had no idea how well versed our membership was in the art world.  Oh well.  Next time i'm going to do some kind of crazy math problem or brain teazer.

ljlemer

In honor of Sticks,  maybe I'll  bomb him. Maybe I'll go over his reviews and see if I have something he gave a high rating to.

The only cigar that I have in stock that you gave  high rating to, Sticks, is a Gispert Churchill. Want one?

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

QuoteSenorPablo - 12/17/2007  11:51 PM

I had no idea how well versed our membership was in the art world.

Our membership? Only two geniuses displayed knowledge of art. I won't name them.

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

QuoteSenorPablo - 12/17/2007  11:51 PM

Oh well.  Next time i'm going to do some kind of crazy math problem or brain teazer.

Sounds good. Or trivia question.

Thomas Mann

qman22

I think a math problem would be great......seeing as how I crunch numbers all day for my job, well let me rephrase that my computer crunches numbers

But I guess I can't be too greedy I did win one contest already

:biggrin:
Lets GOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!

ljlemer

Quoteqman22 - 12/18/2007  4:15 PM

I think a math problem would be great......seeing as how I crunch numbers all day for my job, well let me rephrase that my computer crunches numbers

But I guess I can't be too greedy I did win one contest already

:biggrin:

We would need a problem that can't just be fed into a calculator.

Thomas Mann

SenorPablo

I'll definitely put some more thought into the next one.

mhuss

Quoteqman22 - 12/18/2007  4:15 PM

I think a math problem would be great......

One train left a station in Chicago traveling at 75 mph.  A second train left a station in Houston traveling at 90 mph................... :crazy:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.