Celebrate Avo's 84th Birthday in NYC March 18th

Started by ROTHNH, 02/03/2010 10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROTHNH

AVO Limited Edition Dinner
Thursday, March 18, 2010
7:15pm
$250 plus tax per person

Come join us to welcome back the one and only Avo Uvezian to New York City to celebrate the launch of his 2010 Limited Edition Cigar as well as his 84th Birthday. The event will be held at Davidoff's Madison Avenue store. Each guest will enjoy:

-Steak Dinner by Rothmann's Steakhouse
-Wines selected by Andrew Bell (President, American Sommelier Assoc)
-A selection of Vintage AVO Limited Edition Cigars from previous years to be served
-1 box of 2010 AVO Limited Edition
Seating is limited. Tickets must be purchased in advance and are non-refundable.

General Manager: Michael Herklots

Davidoff of Geneva
535 Madison Avenue
at 54th Street
New York, New York 10022
212-751-9060

STORE HOURS:
Monday-Friday     8:00am-7:00pm
Saturday    10:00am-6:00pm
Sunday    12:00pm-5:00pm
Or by special appointment

Bob Cordell

Damn, I was pretty sure this would be held in NE Tennessee this year...

:mad:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

DocJazzRH

Ahh to be on the other coast, the good times and the bad times; this one sure sounds like a good time... :shades:
Rich ()=iii=<

Delusions of grandeur make me feel a lot better about myself .. J. Wagner

At least a bad conscience can make life interesting -- Kierkegaard

kylepwhalen

QuoteBob Cordell - 2/3/2010  10:51 AM

Damn, I was pretty sure this would be held in NE Tennessee this year...

:mad:

Hahaha you always are, aren't you bob???

nwb

Sounds like a great time.  Why can't they have stuff like this in Atlanta?  :confused:

nwb
Chief of Shaft

Beegerply

I think this would take up all my cigar budget, but it sure would be fun :dancing:  :dancing:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

ROTHNH

$250+ tax does sound like a lot of $$$, but when you factor in the top notch steaks, wine, a $200 box of cigars, plus free Avo cigar samples you can enjoy with some great people all evening and Avo (who may be at the piano again) -- the value is certainly there!

akira

I'd go if they had it within an hour or so drive.  Sounds like a blast.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

akira

Dang, looks like Avo really likes to celebrate his birthday in a public way.  I googled "avo uvezian birthday" and got hits of his birthday celebrations from his 75th birthday and up.  Unfortunately it looks like he likes NY for his celebrations.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.