App needs an update for iOS 10

Started by ledmund, 09/27/2016 11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ledmund

The app for both iPad & iPhone badley needs a update, no update has been done since iOS 6 for heavens sake!

The app will not synchronize at all with either my iPad nor iPhone, please update asap!
"Smoking cigars is like falling in love. First, you are attracted by its shape; you stay for its flavour, and you must always remember never, never to let the flame go out!"
~Winston Churchill

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=ledmund

05Venturer

:confused:  I just synced my humidors the other day and it worked fine
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Brlesq

Trade in your Apple, and buy a Samsung Galaxy 7 and it will double as a lighter!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

SenorPablo

Lee and I traded some emails.  It works ok for my iOS 10 devices as well, but regardless it's time to retest and compile for iOS 10.  It's in the works.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

geraldcor

I am an iOS developer (sorry Android) and I'd love to help in any way to get the app up to date.

MacMac

My iPad app seems to be working fine.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

mi000ke

Just got a message on my iPhone when I attempted to update the OS that cigargeek app will no longer be compatible.  I cancelled the update. Can't do without the app!  PLEASE UPDATE THE APP - IT'S BEEN  YEARS!!

Brlesq

Android is still working just fine . . .  :biggrin:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

klamm143

QuoteBrlesq - 9/27/2016  7:10 PM  Trade in your Apple, and buy a Samsung Galaxy 7 and it will double as a lighter!

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  YUPP.......I'm still  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Otter

QuoteSenorPablo - 9/27/2016  11:01 PM

Lee and I traded some emails.  It works ok for my iOS 10 devices as well, but regardless it's time to retest and compile for iOS 10.  It's in the works.

-Paul

Thanks for all you do, take the short drive down to my lounge sometime and let me buy you a cigar!
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

SenorPablo

Thought I would give an update on this.  Mike - I think we traded emails.  The app has been updated for the latest iOS versions and submitted to Apple for release.  As is usual Apple makes a lot of demands and we go back and forth compromising on what their opinions of coding standards should be.  This was a big update as it included moving to 64 bit code and required a lot of rewrite.  We finally got to where I thought we needed to be in Apple's eyes, and then they flat rejected the app because it contains references to tobacco.  Obviously this is ridiculous because there are plenty of other cigar apps out there.  Sadly when they make a ruling like this, it is very painful to get it over turned.  I am still working with them on getting it approved.  We are supposed to have a call next week to discuss more, which is pretty good as I've never seen them want to reach out and have a real human discussion.  Everything is usually a very long back forth through their portal.  So I am optimistic that we can get it done but if not, then I guess this is a change in Apple's opinion of allowing apps related to cigars and eventually they will all go away.  I will keep you informed.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

05Venturer

QuoteSenorPablo - 5/29/2017  6:49 AM

Thought I would give an update on this.  Mike - I think we traded emails.  The app has been updated for the latest iOS versions and submitted to Apple for release.  As is usual Apple makes a lot of demands and we go back and forth compromising on what their opinions of coding standards should be.  This was a big update as it included moving to 64 bit code and required a lot of rewrite.  We finally got to where I thought we needed to be in Apple's eyes, and then they flat rejected the app because it contains references to tobacco.  Obviously this is ridiculous because there are plenty of other cigar apps out there.  Sadly when they make a ruling like this, it is very painful to get it over turned.  I am still working with them on getting it approved.  We are supposed to have a call next week to discuss more, which is pretty good as I've never seen them want to reach out and have a real human discussion.  Everything is usually a very long back forth through their portal.  So I am optimistic that we can get it done but if not, then I guess this is a change in Apple's opinion of allowing apps related to cigars and eventually they will al go away.  I will keep you informed.

-Paul

Good Luck Paul and thanks for all you do.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

hershell17

Has anyone here install the latest iOS 11.4 and experienced a faster loss in battery percentage?
Procrastinating my installation of a new truck bumper. Too hot to stay in the garage.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.