Bomb/Pass/PIF Question

Started by raize, 09/28/2016 08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raize

Alright so I've participated in several passes, a few PIFs, and a couple bombs. In all of these instances, I've resided in downtown Chicago.  As such, getting things out via UPS or USPS has been a viable option.  About a month ago, my girlfriend and I moved to the suburbs but I'm still working in the city.  Now, I leave for work before the post office is open and don't get home until after it's closed.  Same goes for UPS.  So my question for you guys is, how do I participate moving forward without introducing unreasonable delays (waiting for the weekend) into passes/PIFS?  Any suggestions?
An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=raize

nwb

Click 'N Ship is your friend.  You can print postage on your own time and then find a drop box near your home or place of work.  That is what I have to do for the majority of packages I send out.
Chief of Shaft

ninfiction

USPS also has a ship from home option and actually it's a tiny bit cheaper to print the postage at home. All you need are some priority mail boxes and your mailman will pick them up.

Oh wait, was Nathan talking about the same thing.....
This is not the admin you're looking for...

nirab

:word:  :bigthumbs:  :rocker: ...what they said!
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

ninfiction

Oh one other thing, you can ship at home using your own boxes too, just need a scale. My wife found a food scale at target for about $15 that goes up to 3-4 lbs and it works perfectly.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

McBryde

We use click and ship on all our packages, because we live in the sticks. Print it off, slap it on the package, and throw it in the mailbox, DONE!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Vroomp

I also use click and ship at home. Just pick up about 20 boxes at the PO when you can........... The regional A & B are even cheaper in some areas.......
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

05Venturer

USPS click n ship here also
You can also go to the USPS website and order flat rate boxes and they will send them to you free of charge
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

tjm0831

You can probably ship out from your office, using your office's post.  I'm not promoting letting your office foot the bill, but hey, there is no chicken like a stolen chicken - like my grandpa used to say.   :biggrin:

raize

Unfortunately, the office is pretty small (50 people) so outgoing packages on the company dime would be noticed...
An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=raize

shakinghorizons

Quoteraize - 9/30/2016  9:33 AM

Unfortunately, the office is pretty small (50 people) so outgoing packages on the company dime would be noticed...

With it being a small company, can you have the packages sent to your work and then return the package in the outgoing mail after you print out a label for it?

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.